(Redirected from Pete Wentz)
"This Charming Man," interview, Out.com (August 2008) 
Interviewer: Shana Naomi Krochmal. 
- Whenever you say that homophobia is stupid, you just get called gay.
- When I said that I make out with dudes, there was a slight sense of sexual rebellion in that. And I probably even made it a bigger deal than it was.
- I have a bit of a consummate victim in my head. That’s who I identify with throughout history. When I was 10 I would draw black eyes on myself because I thought it was cool. You’re so into people who are tragic. You want to be that so badly. But you probably aren’t really the tragic genius that you think you are.
- Our culture bombards us with this idea that you’re not that, and if you are that, there’s something wrong with you, and then we’re going to call you that, and then it’s an insult. There is a sense of self-empowerment or recapturing who you are by people calling you ‘fag,’ and being like, ‘Yeah, I am a fag.’ Even though you’re not. What does somebody respond? That dude has nothing to say about that again.
- Being ambiguously flamboyant really does help. I’ve had so many people come up to me and be like, ‘I felt OK to come out of the closet after you said this.’ When someone says that to me -- it’s not an event I’ve ever been through, so I don’t know what to compare it to. I don’t think I even understand how important that is to someone’s life.
- Q: X-ray vision or bionic hearing?
A: It's easy to hear people talking shit. I'd rather check out Patrick in his boxers with little heart prints on 'em. So vision I guess.
- http://www.falloutboyrock.com/falloutboy/blog_detail.php?uf_system_id=3 Fall Out Boy Rock Q&A section. Question from April 28, 2007.
- Q: Will Fall Out Boy ever become Fall Out Man?
A: The chest hair is in the mail. So hopefully we will in four to six weeks. depending on shipping.
- http://www.falloutboyrock.com/falloutboy/blog_detail.php?uf_system_id=3 Fall Out Boy Rock Q&A section. Question from April 13, 2007.