Pillow Talk (film)
- Directed by Michael Gordon. Written by Russell Rouse, Maurice Richlin, Stanley Shapiro, and Clarence Greene.
- Mr. Allen, this may come as a surprise to you, but there are some men who don't end every sentence with a proposition.
- At least my problems can be solved in one bedroom. You couldn't solve yours in a thousand!
- Wonder how it would be to have someone to pillow talk with me?
- If you'll excuse me, I better go to the powder moon. I mean room. Fix my lipstick.
- I'm yours tonight. My darling possess me.
- Can you believe that? They sent a woman. That's like sending a marshmallow to put out a bonfire.
- I've had hangovers before, but this time, even my hair hurts.
- If there's anything worse than a woman living alone, it's a woman saying she likes it.
- Jan: Officer, arrest this man - he's taking me up to his apartment!
- Police Officer: Well, I can't say that I blame him, miss.
- Brad: Look, I don't know what's bothering you, but don't take your bedroom problems out on me.
- Jan: I have no bedroom problems. There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me.
- Brad: Oh-h-h-h. That's too bad.
- [Jan and Brad are on the phone discussing a phone schedule]
- Jan: We're just going to have to live with each other...
- [Jan pauses, waiting for a response]
- Brad: Well?
- Jan: I was waiting for you to say some off-color remark.
- Brad: Is that all you have on your mind?
- Jan: Never mind my mind! You just stick to your half hour and I'll stick to mine!
- Jan: [about living alone] Well, what am I missing?
- Alma: If you have to ask, you're missing it!
- Brad: Why don't you take her over for the rest of the evening?
- Jonathan: Me?
- Brad: Yeah! Take her dancing maybe. She's dying to learn how to dance.
- Jonathan: Wait wait. She doesn't know how to dance?
- Brad: Well naturally, she doesn't get out of the house very often.
- Jonathan: What do you mean, "naturally"?
- Brad: Jonathan, believe me, you and Moose - I mean Miss Taggett will get along...
- Jonathan: "Moose"?
- Brad: So what the girl picks up a nickname? You know, how cruel kids can be. Especially, when someone is a little different.
- Jonathan: Different? How different?
- Brad: Well... You know. [hesitatingly points to face] Just different.
- Jonathan: [Pointing to a fat lady sitting at a table] That couldn't be her, could it?
- Brad: How can you tell?
- [waves at the lady, who waves back]
- Brad: See, she's so friendly. C'mon.
- Jonathan: Oh no! Its your moose. Happy Hunting!
- [Jonathan leaves]
- Brad: Yes, indeed.
- Jonathan: Brad, she is the sweetest, she is the loveliest, she is the most talented woman I have ever met.
- Brad: That's what you said when you married that stripper.
- Jonathan: She wasn't a stripper. She was an exotic dancer... with trained doves.
- Brad: [on the phone pretending to be Rex] Am I gonna see you tonight?
- Jan: I'd love to Rex, but I already have a date.
- Brad: Who with?
- Jan: A client. You don't know him. Jonathan Forbes.
- Brad: Of course, you're not the kind of girl who would break a date.
- Jan: No I'm not.
- Brad: And I ain't the kinda guy who'd ask you to.
- Jan: I know you're not.
- Brad: I'll pick you up at 8.
- Jan: I'll be ready.
- It's what goes on when the lights go off!
- Footloose bachelor...beautiful career girl...and the world's most fascinating pastime!
- Doris Day - Jan Morrow
- Rock Hudson - Brad Allen
- Tony Randall - Jonathan Forbes
- Thelma Ritter - Alma
- Nick Adams - Tony Walters
- Allen Jenkins - Harry
- Marcel Dalio - Mr. Pierot
- Lee Patrick - Mrs. Walters
- Hayden Rorke - Mr. Conrad
- Jacqueline Beer - Yvette