Pitch Black (film)
(Redirected from Pitch Black)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Richard B. Riddick
- They say most of your brain shuts down in cryosleep. All but the primitive side...the animal side. No wonder I'm still awake. Transporting me with civilians. Sounded like 40, 40-plus. Heard an Arab voice. Some hoodoo holy man, probably on his way to New Mecca. But what route? What route? Smelled a woman. Sweat, boots, tool belt, leather. Prospector type. Free settlers. And they only take the back roads. And here's my real problem: Mr. Johns, blue-eyed devil. Planning on taking me back to slam...only this time he picked a ghost lane. A long time between stops. A long time for something to go wrong.
- All you people are so scared of me. Most days, I take that as a compliment. But it ain't me you got to worry about now.
- Did I kill a few people? Sure. Did I kill Zeke? No. You got the wrong killer.
- Finally found something worse than me?
- These people didn't leave. Come on. Whoever got Zeke got them. They're all dead. You don't really think they left with their clothes on hooks...photos on the shelves?
- You're not afraid of the dark, are you?
- [to Fry] I guess if it were "trickeration," he'd just "X" me out. He'd kill me. Then again...I am worth twice as much alive. You didn't know that? Your Johns ain't a cop. He's got that nickel-slick badge. And that blue uniform. But he's just a merc. And I'm just a payday. That's why he won't kill me, see? - The creed is greed.
- I don't truly know what's gonna happen when the lights go out. But I do know once the dying starts...this little psycho-fuck family of ours is gonna rip itself apart.
- [about the passengers] I'm not gonna die for them!
- Is this whole planet dead?
William J. Johns
- Why don't you shut up for two seconds and let me come up with a plan that doesn't involve mass suicide?
- What's to be afraid of? My life's just a steaming pile of meaningless shit anyhow. So I say, "Mush on."
- The verdict's in. The light moves forward.
Abu "Imam" al-Walid
- I had the impression from the model...the two planets were moving as one...and there would be a lasting darkness.
- They're afraid of our light. That means we don't have to be afraid of them.
Paris P. Ogilvie
- You can do without the necessities provided you have the little luxuries.
- People, just a suggestion. Perhaps you should flee!
- I was supposed to die in France. I never ever saw France.
- Jack: [sneaking up on Ogilvie] He'd probably get you right here...under the jaw, and you'd never even hear him coming. Because that's how good he is.
- Paris P. Ogilvie: Did you run away from your parents or did they run away from you?
- Jack: Where the hell can I get eyes like that?
- Richard B. Riddick: Gotta kill a few people.
- Jack: Okay. I can do it.
- Richard B. Riddick: Then you gotta get sent to a slam where they say you'll never see daylight again. You dig up a doctor and you pay him 20 menthol Kools...to do a surgical shine job on your eyeballs.
- Jack: So you can see who's sneaking up on you in the dark?
- Richard B. Riddick: Exactly.
- William J. Johns: [freeing Riddick] I want you to remember this moment. The way it could have gone and didn't. Here.
- [Riddick suddenly grabs Johns' shotgun off him and aims it]
- William J. Johns: Take it easy...
- Richard B. Riddick: Fuck you!
- William J. Johns: Do we have a deal?
- Richard B. Riddick: [after a pause, Riddick hands the shotgun back] "I want you to remember this moment."
- [Ogilvie drops a bottle of wine. He runs to fetch it, but just as he reaches out, it is picked up by Riddick].
- Paris P. Ogilvie: [extending his hand] Paris P. Ogilvie. Antiquities dealer. Entrepreneur.
- Richard B. Riddick: [grinning, taking his hand] Richard B. Riddick. Escaped convict. Murderer.
- Hassan: Captain? Captain?!
- Carolyn Fry: I'm not your fucking captain.
- Richard B. Riddick: Looks clear.
- [A creature lunges out and almost decapitates Johns before taking flight into the dark]
- William J. Johns: I thought you said it was CLEAR!
- Richard B. Riddick: I said, it looks clear!
- William J. Johns: Well what does it look like now?
- Richard B. Riddick: … Looks clear.
- Riddick: [Riddick shuts off the ship's engines] We can't leave.
- Jack: [panicked as creatures approach the ship] Why not?!
- Riddick: Without saying "goodnight". [fires the ship's engines, incinerating the creatures behind it as it takes off]
- Imam: Just because you do not believe in God, Mr. Riddick, does not mean God does not believe in you–
- Riddick: You think someone could spend half their life in a slam with a horse bit in their mouth and not believe? You think he could start out in some … liquor store trash bin with an umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and not believe in God? You got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God … and I absolutely hate the fucker.
- [A creature is heard invading the shipwreck]
- Riddick: Come on, Johns. You've got the big gauge.
- Johns: I'd rather piss glass. Why don't you go in and check?
- Johns: Doctors decide who lives and dies on the battlefield. It's called Triage.
- Riddick: Kept calling it murder when I did it.
- Jack: We're gonna lose everybody out here. We should've stayed at the ship.
- Riddick: He died fast, and if we have any choice about it, that's the way we should all go out. Don't you cry for Johns. Don't you dare.
- [Caroline came back to the ship where Riddick already was]
- Riddick: Strong survival instinct. I admire that in a woman.
- Caroline: I promised them that we would go back with more light.
- Riddick: Did you?
- Caroline: What? Are you afraid?
- Riddick: (laughs) Me afraid?
- Caroline: Come on, Riddick. There's gotta be some part of you that wants to rejoin the human race.
- Riddick: Truthfully, I wouldn't know how.
- Caroline: Well, then just give me more light for them, and I'll go back by myself.
- Riddick: Okay.
- [Riddick gives her light]
- Riddick: There you go.
- Caroline: Please, just come with me.
- Riddick: I got a better idea. Come with me.
- Caroline: You're fucking with me! I know you are!
- Riddick: You know I am? You don't know anything about me. I will leave you here. Step inside.
- Caroline: I can't.
- Riddick: Sure, you can.
- Caroline: I can't.
- Riddick: Here. I'll make it easy on you. [he lends her his hand] Take my hand. Come on. Come on … look. No one's gonna blame you. Save yourself, Caroline.
- Caroline: I …
- Riddick: Come on … come on … [she's getting to the ship] That's it. That's it. Good girl.
- [She suddenly hears a creature, bringing back memories of the people she leaves, and changes her mind]
- Caroline: Now, you! You listen to me! I am the captain of this ship. And I am not leaving anyone on this rock with those fucking things, even if it means –
- [Riddick brings the knife to her throat]
- Caroline: Get that thing off my neck.
- Riddick: Shut up! You'd die for them?
- Caroline: I would try for them.
- Riddick: You didn't answer me.
- Caroline: Yes, I would Riddick. I would – I would die for them.
- Riddick: (pauses) .........Interesting.
- [Caroline is taken by a creature when she was helping Riddick]
- Riddick: Not for me! [weakly] Not for me!
- Imam: Where's Johns?
- Riddick: Which half?
- Fight Evil With Evil
- There's A New Reason To Be Afraid Of The Dark.
- Don't be afraid of the dark. Be afraid of what's in the dark.
- Are you afraid of the dark? You will be …
- It's getting Dark
- There's only one rule: Stay in the light
- A new species of terror
- Vin Diesel – Richard B. Riddick
- Radha Mitchell – Carolyn Fry
- Cole Hauser – William J. Johns
- Keith David – Abu "Imam" al-Walid
- Lewis Fitz-Gerald – Paris P. Ogilvie
- Claudia Black – Sharon "Shazza" Montgomery
- Rhiana Griffith – Jack/Jackie
- John Moore – John "Zeke" Ezekiel
- Simon Burke – Greg Owens