Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is a major city in the United States.
- "The three most beautiful cities in the world are Paris; St. Petersburg, Russia; and Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh were situated somewhere in the heart of Europe, tourists would eagerly journey hundreds of miles out of their way to visit it."
- Brendan Gill, The New Yorker, January 9, 1989
- "My beautiful Grandmother, Caroline Garlinghouse, came from Pittsburgh . . . I never met her but I have followed many of her ideas -- through my mother -- And it has given me a warm spot in my heart for your city."
- Katherine Hepburn June 28, 1984
- This is the only city in America with an entrance. You slide and slither into most downtowns, passing through gradual layers of ever-more-intensely built-up sprawl, and you do not so much enter the center as realize after you are there that it is all around you. Not Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is entered with glory and drama.
- Paul Goldberger New York Times 1988.
- "In a way, I was born twice. I was born in 1934 and again in 1955 when I came to Pittsburgh. I am thankful to say that I lived two lives."
- That's a 12-, 13-inch largemouth! You think bass, you think Lake Okeechobee, Florida, or something. But here I am catching a largemouth in downtown Pittsburgh! Under the Liberty Bridge!
- Bill Johnson 1989 
- ". . . this is my town and it does my heart good just to be here."
- There's a pawnshop on a corner in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,
And I walk up and down 'neath the clock
By the pawnshop on a corner in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,
But I ain't got a thing left to hock.
- Guy Mitchell, Song Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh town is a smoky ol' town
Solid iron from McKeesport down
Pittsburgh, Lord God, Pittsburgh
- Pete Seeger , Song Pittsburgh Town
- Official City of Pittsburgh web site.