(Redirected from Pompey the Great)
Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus (Pompey the Great) (29 September 106 BC – 29 September 48 BC) was a Roman general and politician.
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Plutarch's Life of Pompey
- Stop quoting laws, we carry weapons!
- To the defenders of a besieged city who were crying outrage
- More people worship the rising than the setting sun
- Spoken by a young Pompey to the Dictator Sulla to get Sulla to award him a triumph
- To navigate is necessary, to live is not.
- To sailors who were defending Rome from a sea invasion.