The Princess and the Frog
The Princess and the Frog is a 2009 animated film from Disney studios. It follows the story of Tiana and Prince Naveen, who have directly and indirectly been turned into frogs by the Shadow Man, Dr. Facilier. The movie was released to theaters on December 11, 2009.
- [wishing on the Evening Star] Please, please, please.
- Goodnight Cal's, good morning Duke's.
- There is no way I am kissing a frog and eating a bug on the same day.
- My daddy never did get what he wanted. But he had what he needed. He had love! He never lost sight of what was really important. And neither will I!
- My dream wouldn't be complete... without you in it. I love you, Naveen.
- [to Naveen, after the wedding] You just kissed yourself a princess!
- Come - we pucker.
- You are secretly funny.
- [repeated line] Achidanza...
- (repeated line) Faldi faldonza!
- [after dancing with Lawrence and sending him careening head-first into a tuba] You're finally getting into the music! Do you get my joke? Because your head, it is in the tuba!
- If I can mince, you can dance.
- [while dancing with Lawrence] For someone who can't see his feet, you're very light on them!
- [when the pastor, about to marry Lawrence and Charlotte, asks if anyone objects] ME! ME! I OBJECT!
Charlotte (Lottie) LaBouff
- Who'da thought a prince had a younger brother? How old did you say you were?
- Cheese and crackers!
- I was beginning to think wishing on stars was just for babies and crazy people...
- Travis! When a woman says later, she really means not ever! Now, run along. There are plenty of young fillies dyin' for you to waltz them into a stupor.
- I never get anything I wish for!
- I swear I am sweatin' like a sinner in church!
- Ohh, NAVEE-EEN!!!
Dr. Facilier (The Shadow Man)
- Gentlemen! Enchanté. A tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier. How y'all doin'?
- Were I a bettin' man - and I'm not, I stay away from games of chance - I'd wager I'm in the company of visiting royalty!
- [singing] Don't you disrespect me, little man! Don't you derogate or deride! You're in my world now, not your world; and I got friends on the other side...
- [singing] I got voodoo, I got hoodoo, I got things I ain't even tried!
- [singing; to Naveen] Now you, young man, are from across the sea; you come from two long lines of royalty (I'm a royal myself, on my mother's side)! Your lifestyle's high, but your funds are low: you need to marry a little honey whose daddy got dough! Mom and Dad cut you off, huh, pretty boy? (Naveen: Eh, sad but true.) Now y'all gotta get hitched, but hitchin' ties ya down! You just wanna be free - hop from place to place! But freedom takes green... [snickers evilly] It's the green, it's the green, it's the green you need... and when I look into your future, it's the green that I see!
- [singing; to Lawrence] On you, little man, I don't wanna waste much time; you've been pushed around all your life. You've been pushed around by your mother and your sister and your brother, and when you're married, you'd be pushed around by your wife! But in your future, that now I see... is exactly the man you always wanted to be!
- C'mon, boys, won't you shake a poor sinners hand?
- [after Lawrence almost destroys his talisman] CAREFUL WITH THAT! IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO THIS, I'M GONNA BE--! [sighs and regains composure] Fun fact about voodoo, Larry: can't conjure a thing for myself. Besides, you and I both know the real power in this world ain't magic. It's money! Buckets of it.
- [During an audience with the Loa he serves] Friends, I know I'm in hock pretty deep to y'all already, but it seems our little froggy prince... lost his way. And I need your generous assistance in gettin' him back. [The Loa scowl angrily. Facilier laughs] Ha-HA! I hear ya! Now, what's in it for y'all? Well, as soon as I DISPOSE of Big Daddy LeBouff, and I'M running this town, I'll have the entire city of New Orleans... in the palm of my hand. And you'll have all the wayward souls your dark little hearts desire. [Blows. Pink vapor flows up in the form of screeching human souls, which the Loa eagerly sniff up.] Y'all love that, don't ya? So... we got ourselves a deal? [The Loa glance with each other. The chief opens his jaws, releasing a horde of demonic shadows.] HA HA HA! NOW WE'RE COOKIN'! We're gonna find ourselves a frog! Search EVERYWHERE! The bayou, the Quarter! Bring him to me alive. I need his heart PUMPIN'... for now. Allez! Toute de Suite! (Come on! Immediately!) [laughs]
- Amie Williams
- A bug gotta do what a bug gotta do!
- Don't make me light my butt!
- First rule o' da bayou: Never take direction from a gator.
- Hey, Cousin Randy! You ready for a little bayou zydeco?!
- Women like a man with a big, back porch!
- [after hearing Naveen is in love with Tiana] Ya'll gonna have the cutest lil tad-poles!
- [after Tiana says she thinks she needs to work harder to achieve her restaraunt] One more time! [clapping and singing] It don't matter what you look like. It don't... nobody gonna sing with Ray... okay.
- Not bad for a 197-year-old blind lady!... Now, which one of you naughty children been messing with the Shadow Man?
- It's gonna be good!
- [singing; to Naveen] Prince Froggy is a rich little boy. You wanna be rich again? That ain't gonna make you happy now; did it make you happy then? NO!
- JuJu! Why didn't you tell me my gumbo was burnin'?
- YOU AIN'T GOT THE SENSE YOU WAS BORN WITH!!! Y'all want to be human, but you're BLIND to what you NEED!
- Hush up and look at the gumbo!
- Like I told y'all, kissing a princess breaks the spell.
- [to young Charlotte] All right, now, princess, you're gettin' that dress, but that's it. No more Mr. Pushover. [pulls a puppy out of nowhere] Now who wants a puppy?
- Ah, Senator Johnson! Hey, Jimmy. I hope you're leavin' some of them beignets for your constituents.
- You girls, stop tormentin' that poor little kitty! Poor little thing...
- [to Tiana] I want some grandkids!
- How degrading! I've never been so humiliated!
- [to Dr. Facilier, about the blood talisman to make him look like Naveen] You wear this... this ghastly thing!
- I found a stick!!!!!!!!
- You sure this is the right blind-voodoo-lady-who-lives-in-a-boat-in-a-tree-in-the-bayou?
- Alligator: You can hop, but you can't hide!
- Friends on the other side [singing] Are you ready?!
- [First lines]
- Eudora: [reading "The Frog Prince" to young Tiana and Charlotte] Just at that moment, the ugly little frog looked up with his sad, round eyes and pleaded, "Oh, please, dear princess, only a kiss from you can break this terrible spell that was inflicted on me by a wicked witch."
- Young Charlotte: [whispering] Here comes my favorite part!
- Eudora: [still reading] And the beautiful princess was so moved by his desperate plea that she stooped down, picked up the slippery creature, leaned forward, raised him to her lips, and kissed that little frog!
- Young Charlotte: Aww!
- [A disgusted Tiana gags.]
- Eudora: [continues reading] Then, the frog was transformed into a handsome prince! They were married and lived happily ever after! The end.
- Young Charlotte: Yay! Read it again! Read it again!
- Eudora: Sorry, Charlotte, it's time for us to be headin' home. Say goodnight, Tiana.
- Big Daddy: Evenin', Eudora.
- Young Charlotte: Daddy, Daddy! Look at my new dress! Isn't it pretty?
- Big Daddy: Look at you! Why, I'd expect nothin' less from the finest seamstress in New Orleans!
- James: Mmm. Gumbo smells good, Tiana.
- Young Tiana: I think it's done, Daddy.
- James: Yeah. Are you sure?
- Young Tiana: Mm-hmm.
- James: Absolutely positive?
- Young Tiana: Yes.
- James: OK. I'm about to put this spoon in my...
- Young Tiana: [yanks the spoon out of her dad's hand] Wait! [adds some hot sauce to the gumbo, then tastes it] Done. [feeds the gumbo to James]
- James: Hmm.
- Young Tiana: What?
- James: Well, sweetheart, this is the... best gumbo I've ever tasted! Come here! Eudora, our little girl's got a gift!
- Eudora: I coulda told you that.
- James: A gift this special just gotta be shared.
- James: You know the thing about good food? It brings folks together from all walks of life. It warms them right up and it puts little smiles on their faces, and when I open up my own restaurant, I tell you, people are gonna line up from miles around just to get a taste of my food!
- Young Tiana: Our food.
- James: That's right, baby. [writes "Tiana's Place" on the paper] Our food.
- Georgia: We all goin' out dancin' tonight. Care to join us?
- Male Customers: Yeah, c'mon, Tiana, live a little. It's Mardi Gras.
- Tiana: No, I got two left feet. Besides, I'm gonna... [to a rather messy kid] Need a napkin, sweetheart? I'm gonna work a double shift tonight. [serving pancakes to a male customer] Here're your hotcakes. You know, so I...
- Georgia: You can save for your restaurant. I know, I know. Girl! All you ever do is work!
- Buford: Are you talkin' 'bout that dang restaurant again?
- Tiana: Buford, your eggs are burnin'.
- Buford: You ain't never gonna get enough for the down payment.
- Tiana: I'm gettin' close.
- Buford: Yeah. How close?
- Tiana: Where my flapjacks?
- Buford: [laughing] You got about as much chance of gettin' that restaurant as I do of winnin' the Kentucky Derby.
- Tiana: Mornin', Mr. La Bouff.
- Big Daddy: Good mornin', Tiana.
- Tiana: Congratulations on bein' voted king of the Mardi Gras parade.
- Big Daddy: Caught me completely by surprise... for the fifth year in a row! Now, how about I celebrate with...
- Tiana: Beignets? Got me a fresh batch just waitin' for you.
- Big Daddy: Well, keep 'em comin' 'til I pass out!
- [Tiana has refused Dr. Facilier's deal and tries to smash the charm on the ground. But Facilier's shadow grabs it and gives it back to Dr. Facilier, who then turns Tiana back into a frog]
- Dr. Facilier: Y'all shoulda taken ma deal. [pins Tiana down with his cane] Now, you're gonna spend the rest o' your life bein' a slimy little frog! [laughs]
- Tiana: [grins] I got news for you, Shadow Man. It's not slime, it's mucus! [She grabs the charm with her tongue and smashes it on the ground.]
- Dr. Facilier: No! NO! [picks up the remains and gasps in horror as colourful lights flicker around him. Tiana hides] How am I ever gonna pay back ma debt?! [Three masks break out of some gravestones, chanting]
- Masks: Bom, bom, bom, bom, bom, bom, bom, bom, bom, bom, bom...
- Dr. Facilier: Friends!
- Masks: [smiling evilly] ...bom, bom, bom, bom. Are you reeeeady?
- Dr. Facilier: No! I'm not ready at all! In fact, I got lots more plans!
- Shrunken heads: Are you reeeeady?
- Dr. Facilier: This is just a... minor setback in a major operation! [Voodoo dolls burst out of the ground, carrying drumsticks] AARGH! Soon, as I whip up another spell, we'll be back in business! I still got that froggy prince locked away! [backs up against a tombstone with his shadow hiding behind him] I just need a little more time! [The tombstone transforms into a huge, demonic mask] Aargh! No, no, please, no! [a demon grabs his shadow and starts to pull him towards the mask's mouth] AAARGH! Just a little more time! [The demons chant and bang on drums] I promise I'll pay y'all back! I PROMISE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH...!!! [He gets pulled into the mask's mouth along with the other demons. The mouth shuts. The smoke clears revealing the tombstone with FACILIER engraved on it]
- Lawrence: Sire! I've been looking for you everywhere!
- Naveen: Oh, what a coincidence, Lawrence! I've been avoiding you everywhere!
- Lawrence: We're going to be late for the masqu...
- Naveen: Listen, Lawrence! Listen! Oh! [cut to various jazz musicians] Jazz! Jazz music! It was born here! It's beautiful, no?
- Lawrence: No!
- Mama Odie: Good to see you again, Ray. How's your Grandma?
- Ray: Oh, she's fine. She got in a little trouble for flashin' the neighbors again.
- Mama Odie: [Laughs warmly] I like that old gal's spunk!
- Ray: [meeting Tiana and Naveen] Y'all must be new around here.
- Naveen: Actually, we are from a place, [chuckles lightly] far, far away from this world.
- Ray: Go to bed! Y'all from Shreveport?
- Anika Noni Rose — Tiana (voice)
- Bruno Campos — Prince Naveen of Maldonia (voice)
- Jennifer Cody — Charlotte La Bouff (voice)
- Keith David — Dr. Facilier (voice)
- Jenifer Lewis — Mama Odie (voice)
- Jim Cummings — Ray the Firefly (voice)
- Michael-Leon Wooley — Louis the Alligator (voice)
- Peter Bartlett — Lawrence (voice)
- John Goodman — Eli "Big Daddy" La Bouff (voice)
- Oprah Winfrey — Eudora (voice)
- Terrence Howard — James (voice)
- Shane R. Williamson — Prince Ralphie/Naveen's little brother (voice)
- Kellie Hoover- Stella (voice)