Private Practice is a spin-off of the popular television show Grey's Anatomy. Created by Shonda Rhimes, the series chronicles the life of Dr. Addison Montgomery as she leaves Seattle Grace Hospital for Los Angeles in order to join a private practice.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Which We Meet Addison, a Nice Girl From Somewhere Else [1.01]
- 1.2 In Which Sam Receives an Unexpected Visitor... [1.02]
- 1.3 In Which Addison Finds the Magic [1.03]
- 1.4 In Which Addison Has a Very Casual Get Together [1.04]
- 1.5 In Which Addison Finds a Showerhead [1.05]
- 1.6 In Which Charlotte Goes Down the Rabbit Hole [1.06]
- 1.7 In Which Sam Gets Taken for a Ride [1.07]
- 1.8 In Which Cooper Finds a Port in His Storm [1.08]
- 1.9 In Which Dell Finds His Fight [1.09]
- 2 Season 2
- 2.1 A Family Thing [2.01]
- 2.2 Equal & Opposite [2.02]
- 2.3 Nothing to Talk About [2.03]
- 2.4 Past Tense [2.04]
- 2.5 Let It Go [2.05]
- 2.6 Serving Two Masters [2.06]
- 2.7 Tempting Faith [2.07]
- 2.8 Crime and Punishment [2.08]
- 2.9 Know When to Fold [2.09]
- 2.10 Worlds Apart [2.10]
- 2.11 Contamination [2.11]
- 2.12 Homeward Bound [2.12]
- 2.13 Nothing to Fear [2.13]
- 2.14 Second Chances [2.14]
- 2.15 Acceptance [2.15]
- 2.16 Ex-Life [2.16]
- 2.17 Wait and See [2.17]
- 2.18 Finishing [2.18]
- 2.19 What Women Want [2.19]
- 2.20 Do the Right Thing [2.20]
- 2.21 What You Do for Love [2.21]
- 2.22 Yours, Mine and Ours [2.22]
- 3 Season 3
- 3.1 A Death in the Family [3.01]
- 3.2 The Way We Were [3.02]
- 3.3 Right Here, Right Now [3.03]
- 3.4 Pushing the Limits [3.04]
- 3.5 Strange Bedfellows [3.05]
- 3.6 Slip Slidin' Away [3.06]
- 3.7 The Hard Part [3.07]
- 3.8 Sins of the Father [3.08]
- 3.9 The Parent Trap [3.09]
- 3.10 Blowups [3.10]
- 3.11 Another Second Chance [3.11]
- 3.12 Best Laid Plans [3.12]
- 3.13 Shotgun [3.13]
- 3.14 Love Bites [3.14]
- 3.15 'Til Death Do Us Part [3.15]
- 3.16 Fear of Flying [3.16]
- 3.17 Triangles [3.17]
- 3.18 Pulling the Plug [3.18]
- 3.19 Eyes Wide Open [3.19]
- 3.20 Second Choices [3.20]
- 3.21 War [3.21]
- 3.22 In the Name of Love [3.22]
- 3.23 The End of a Beautiful Friendship [3.23]
- 4 Season 4
- 4.1 Take Two [4.01]
- 4.2 Short Cuts [4.02]
- 4.3 Playing God [4.03]
- 4.4 A Better Place to Be [4.04]
- 4.5 In or Out [4.05]
- 4.6 All in the Family [4.06]
- 4.7 Did You Hear What Happened to Charlotte King? [4.07]
- 4.8 What Happens Next [4.08]
- 4.9 Can't Find My Way Back Home [4.09]
- 4.10 Just Lose It [4.10]
- 4.11 If You Don't Know Me by Now [4.11]
- 4.12 Heaven Can Wait [4.12]
- 4.13 Blind Love [4.13]
- 4.14 Home Again [4.14]
- 4.15 Two Steps Back [4.15]
- 4.16 Love and Lies [4.16]
- 4.17 A Step Too Far [4.17]
- 4.18 The Hardest Part [4.18]
- 4.19 What We Have Here... [4.19]
- 4.20 Something Old, Something New [4.20]
- 4.21 God Bless the Child [4.21]
- 4.22 ...To Change the Things I Can [4.22]
- 5 Season 5
- 5.1 God Laughs [5.01]
- 5.2 Breaking the Rules [5.02]
- 5.3 Deal With It [5.03]
- 5.4 Remember Me [5.04]
- 5.5 Step One [5.05]
- 5.6 If I Hadn't Forgotten... [5.06]
- 5.7 Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough [5.07]
- 5.8 Who We Are [5.08]
- 5.9 The Breaking Point [5.09]
- 5.10 Are You My Mother? [5.10]
- 5.11 The Standing Eight Count [5.11]
- 5.12 Losing Battles [5.12]
- 5.13 The Time Has Come [5.13]
- 5.14 Too Much [5.14]
- 5.15 You Break My Heart [5.15]
- 5.16 Andromeda [5.16]
- 5.17 The Letting Go [5.17]
- 5.18 It Was Inevitable [5.18]
- 5.19 And Then There Was One [5.19]
- 5.20 True Colors [5.20]
- 5.21 Drifting Back [5.21]
- 5.22 Gone, Baby, Gone [5.22]
- 6 Season 6
- 6.1 Aftershock [6.01]
- 6.2 Mourning Sickness [6.02]
- 6.3 Good Grief [6.03]
- 6.4 You Don't Know What You've Got Til It's Gone [6.04]
- 6.5 The Next Episode [6.05]
- 6.6 Apron Strings [6.06]
- 6.7 The World According to Jake [6.07]
- 6.8 Life Support [6.08]
- 6.9 I'm Fine [6.09]
- 6.10 Georgia on My Mind [6.10]
- 6.11 Good Fries Are Hard to Come By [6.11]
- 6.12 Full Release [6.12]
- 6.13 In Which We Say Goodbye [6.13]
- 7 External links
Which We Meet Addison, a Nice Girl From Somewhere Else [1.01]
- Richard: Why is there a letter of resignation on my desk?
- Addison: I told you. I got a job offer.
- Richard: I don't want to hear this again. Working at a private medical co-op, moving to L.A.? This is not my Addison. My Addison is a world-class neonatal surgeon.
- Violet: You'll have Dell.
- Naomi: He's studying to be a midwife.
- Addison: The cute boy who answers the phone?
- Addison: I want to hear you say it out loud.
- Pete: You didn't move down here because I kissed you.
- Addison: [walks away] Thank you.
- Pete: You so moved down here because I kissed you.
- Addison: (to herself) I heard that!
- Violet: Look, I know she has the largest chunk in this practice, but we agreed to equal votes. We are supposed to vote! Sam, you ought to do something!
- Sam: What, me?
- Violet: This divorce is killing us! You need to go apologize.
- Pete: Just say you were wrong for walking out, so we can go back to being a happy family.
- Violet: Yeah!
- Sam: I never... I didn't... I am not apologizing to her. She's the one.... Naomi hires Addison and then moves her in right next door to me. I saw her naked this morning.
- Cooper: You saw her naked?
- Pete: Did she look good naked?
- Violet & Sam: Focus!
- Cooper: (to Addison) Do you think there's something wrong with having sex with a woman who wants you to call her... mama?
- (In the conference room)
- Cooper: We're a team.
- Violet: We're partners, Naomi.
- Sam: You can't just bring somebody in.
- Pete: Without asking us.
- Violet: Yeah.
- Sam: We're a democracy. We vote.
- Pete: We vote.
- Violet: We vote or it doesn't happen.
- Naomi: You're right. We should've voted. I was wrong.
- Violet: Good. Okay, let's vote.
- Addison: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a minute. Uh, I have been working here less than 24 hours, and in that time I discovered that I not welcome here, I learned I am a one-man gynie show, and I performed crazy McGyver surgery, and...Sam saw my booty. So...this has not been a great day for me. This day kind of sucked. But you know what I had one patient...one patient the entire day...and I loved it. So you want me gone? Too bad. I'm in. I'm putting my foot down. My foot's down. It's down. I'm not going anywhere. So...yeah. I thought I...I thought I had a big finish but...I don't. So...I'm done. No, no. I do have a big finish. If I hadn't been here today, if you'd had someone else, that girl would've died delivering her baby. I saved her life. I saved your asses. I'm a world-class neonatal surgeon. And I'm here to stay. Welcome to the new Oceanside Wellness.(Addison leaves)
- Naomi: That's why I didn't tell you she was coming.
In Which Sam Receives an Unexpected Visitor... [1.02]
In Which Addison Finds the Magic [1.03]
- (Talking about Pete with Naomi and Violet)
- Addison: I don't even know if he's normal. One minute he's hot, the next minute he's arctic; I don't need that kind of damage, no matter how fancy his lips are; here he comes.
- Addison: You know this is a very serious issue. This is a woman who has needs, who has wants, who needs and wants magic in her life. This is not a dirty little joke that you can make your dirty little jokes about, dirty man.
- Pete: You don't know me at all. You think you do, but you don't, so don't call me names.
In Which Addison Has a Very Casual Get Together [1.04]
- Cooper: Violet! Step away from the pee-pee!
In Which Addison Finds a Showerhead [1.05]
In Which Charlotte Goes Down the Rabbit Hole [1.06]
In Which Sam Gets Taken for a Ride [1.07]
In Which Cooper Finds a Port in His Storm [1.08]
In Which Dell Finds His Fight [1.09]
A Family Thing [2.01]
Equal & Opposite [2.02]
- Lisa: [talking about her husband, Brian] He's all I have. Brian- He's all I've ever had. I was shy... before him. I was shy and... Brian sees me. He sees me and he knows me and he loves me. My whole life, I felt like there was this missing piece of me, like I didn't fit, and Brian... he's my missing piece, so before you say no to the surgery, consider... just consider what you're asking of me. You're asking me to make myself less whole, to lose a part of me. He's... my missing piece. My best friend is my missing piece.
- Pete: [explaining a procedure to Jodie, the temp] Actually, the treatment is preformed on the whole body, adapted for skin sensitivity of each individual, so-
- Violet: [scoffs] This place is bad enough without you trying to sell your magic beans to everyone. I mean, does she really look like she needs help? Does that body need... anything? I mean, does any body really need its fat pulverized into submission?
- Pete: Violet, Violet, you know what you are? You are a... a judger. You're a judgy judger who has no right to judge until she tries it for herself.
Nothing to Talk About [2.03]
- Pete: Do you think I'm old?
- Addison: Tell me you did not sleep with that temp. [laughs] You slept with Jodie the temp.
- Pete: Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
- Addison: Yeah, well, at least you're getting out there. Me? Two dates seems to be my limit.
- Pete: The cop?
- Addison: He didn't call after our last date, so I called him, left him a message, a horrifying, embarrassing message. Probably scared him off. Not that I care. You know, I'm glad to not be talking to him.
- Pete: Well, at least he didn't tell you you were old. Although... she did say that I was great.
Past Tense [2.04]
Let It Go [2.05]
Serving Two Masters [2.06]
Tempting Faith [2.07]
Crime and Punishment [2.08]
Know When to Fold [2.09]
Worlds Apart [2.10]
Homeward Bound [2.12]
Nothing to Fear [2.13]
Second Chances [2.14]
Wait and See [2.17]
What Women Want [2.19]
Do the Right Thing [2.20]
What You Do for Love [2.21]
Yours, Mine and Ours [2.22]
- Pete: [to Violet] I'm not the kind of guy who fights. I just don't see the point to it. And the times I've tried it, you hurt your knuckles, you don't really feel better, it doesn't solve anything. And I guess I'm, at heart, just a pacifist, 'cause I think fighting is stupid, I think war is wrong, and taking up arms for some cause just lacks nobility in today's world. So-
- Violet: Pete, Pete-
- Pete: I'm not the kinda guy who fights, but I should've fought for you! I should've fought for you, Violet. And I don't really know how else to say it except... I want your kid, whether it's mine or not. And I want your body, whether it's pregnant or not. And I want your heart, whether I have to fight for it or not. And I should've fought for it, but I was confused and angry and scared. So... I am fighting now... because I love you. And I think we can be something. I think we can be a family.
A Death in the Family [3.01]
- Police Officer: [to Pete] Sir, your relationship to... Violet?
- Sheldon: He's her boyfriend. [to Pete] I was seeing a patient upstairs and I heard.
- Pete: I'm sorry. I should've called.
- Police Officer: And who are you?
- Sheldon: I'm the baby's father.
- Pete: Uh, well, kind of the baby's father.
- Sheldon: Maybe the father. So is he.
- Pete: We're both- We're the baby's father.
- Sheldon: [to the cop] It's a long story. It's... Just wear a condom. Tell your friends. [chuckles]
The Way We Were [3.02]
- Cooper: [to Addison and Sam] What is wrong with you two? What?
- Addison: We made a pact.
- Sam: Addison and I are ignoring our problems.
- Addison: We are not going to talk or think about our problems anymore. Nothing even close to thinking or talking about our problems.
- Sam: We're gonna be strong.
- Addison: Strong.
- Sam: In denial, but strong.
- Addison: Strong.
- Cooper: Yeah, well, that's, um, you know, stupid.
- Cooper: I haven't shaved and my shirt's a little wrinkled, but beneath the depressed hobo look, I am fine.