(Redirected from Protect)
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- If you are not ready, and did not know what to do, it could hurt you in different ways. It could knock you down, hard, or throw you against a tree or a wall. It is such a big explosion, it can smash in buildings and knock signboards over, and break windows all over town, but if you duck and cover, like Burt [the Turtle], you will be much safer.
- from Duck and Cover (1951), about protecting yourself from an atomic explosion
- A man wants no protection when his conduct is strictly right.
- William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield, Bird v. Gunston (1785), 3 Doug. 275; reported in James William Norton-Kyshe, Dictionary of Legal Quotations (1904), p. 212.
- To protect those who are not able to protect themselves is a duty which every one owes to society.
- Lord Macnaghten, Jenoure v. Delmege (1890), 60 L. J. Rep. (N. S.) Q. B. 13; reported in James William Norton-Kyshe, Dictionary of Legal Quotations (1904), p. 212.
- Although we must change the ways we protect our country, we must also guard against policies that appear attractive but offer little real protection and may even impede our ability to protect ourselves.
- A man without a vote is man without protection.
- Neither the Army nor the Navy is of any protection, or very little protection, against aerial raids.
- Protection is not a principle but an expedient.
- Who says I am not under the special protection of God?