Public Enemies (2009 film)
Public Enemies is a 2009 American crime film. Set during the Great Depression, it focuses on the true story of Bureau of Investigation agent Melvin Purvis' attempt to stop criminals John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd. This movie is released theaters July 3, 2009 in United States.
- Directed by Michael Mann. Written by Ronan Bennett, Michael Mann, and Ann Biderman, based on Bryan Burrough's non-fiction book Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933–34.
John Dillinger 
- We're having too good a time today. We ain't thinking about tomorrow.
- We're here for the bank's money, not yours. Put it away.
- I was raised on a farm in Mooresville, Indiana. My mama died when I was three. My daddy beat the hell out of me cause he didn't know no better way to raise me. I like baseball, movies, good clothes, fast cars, whiskey, and you... what else you need to know?
- You wanna know if we're armed? We're armed.
- Well, here's the man who killed Pretty Boy Floyd. Damn good thing he was pretty 'cause he sure wasn't Whiz-Kid Floyd.
- Billie Frechette: What do you want?
- John Dillinger: Everything. Right now.
- Melvin Purvis: What keeps you up nights, Mr. Dillinger?
- John Dillinger: Coffee.
- Melvin Purvis: Pretty Boy Floyd?
- Pretty Boy Floyd: [coughs] Charles Floyd.
- Melvin Purvis: Mr. Floyd, you are under arrest.
- Pretty Boy Floyd: I'm done for; you've hit me twice.
- Police Chief Fultz: How long does it take you to run through a bank?
- John Dillinger: About 1 minute... 40 seconds... Flat
- John Dillinger: The only thing that's important is where somebody's going.
- Billie Frechette: Where are you going?
- John Dillinger: Anywhere I want.
- Red Hamilton: We don't work with people we don't know. And you don't work when you're desperate. Walter Dietrich. Remember that?
- John Dillinger: Walter forgot. When you're desperate, that's when you got no choice.
- Billie Frechette: They say you're the man who shot him.
- Charles Winstead: That's right. One of 'em.
- Billie Frechette: So why are you coming to see me? To see the damage you done?
- Charles Winstead: No. I came here because he asked me to. When he went down, he said somethin'. I put my ear next to his mouth, and what I think he said was this. He said, 'Tell Billie for me: Bye bye, Blackbird.'
- [Billie starts to cry as Winstead gets up to leave] [Last scene of the film]
- Johnny Depp – John Dillinger
- Christian Bale – Melvin Purvis
- Marion Cotillard – Billie Frechette
- Stephen Graham – Baby Face Nelson
- Channing Tatum – Pretty Boy Floyd
- David Wenham – Harry 'Pete' Pierpont
- Stephen Dorff – Homer Van Meter
- Jason Clarke – John 'Red' Hamilton
- Spencer Garrett – Tommy Carroll
- Christian Stolte – Charles Makley
- Billy Crudup – J. Edgar Hoover
- Stephen Lang – Charles Winstead
- Giovanni Ribisi – Alvin Karpis
- Emilie de Ravin – Barbara Patzke
- Leelee Sobieski – Polly Hamilton