(Redirected from Purifying)
Purity is the state or degree of being pure, lacking contaminants or impediments to virtue.
- Whiter than new snow on a raven's back.
Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations
- Quotes reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 652.
- Quell' onda, che ruina
Dalla pendice alpina,
Balza, si frange, e mormora
Ma limpida si fa.
- That water which falls from some Alpine height is dashed, broken, and will murmur loudly, but grows limpid by its fall.
- Metastasio, Alcide al Bivio.
- Qual diverrà quel fiume,
Nel lungo suo cammino,
Se al fonte ancor vicino
É torbido così?
- What will the stream become in its lengthened course, if it be so turbid at its source?
- Metastasio, Morte d' Abele, I.
- Les choses valent toujours mieux dans leur source.
- The stream is always purer at its source.
- Blaise Pascal, Lettres Provinciales, IV.
- Unto the pure all things are pure.
- Titus, I, 15.