|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The Conservative Party has one overriding concern in foreign policy, and that is the growth of Communist power and influence in the world, and the dangers it can bring for all of us.
- The Times (26 April, 1976).
- There comes a time in every man's life when he must make way for an older man.
- Remark made in Smoking Room of House of Commons on being dropped from Margaret Thatcher's Shadow Cabinet
- For God's sake, bring me a large Scotch. What a bloody awful country.
- Said on the aeroplane after visiting Northern Ireland for the first time.