Repo! The Genetic Opera
Repo! The Genetic Opera is a 2008 American rock opera-musical film directed by Darren Lynn Bousman. The film is based on a play written and composed by Darren Smith and Terrance Zdunich.
- Seventeen and you can't stop me! Seventeen and you won't boss me! You cannot control me, father! Daddy's girl's a fucking monster!
- Why oh why are my genetics such a bitch?
- Don't help me any more, Dad! You are dead, Dad, in my eyes! Someone has replaced you. Dad, I hate you! Go and die!
- I don't know what I was thinking. There's no sense in girlish dreaming. I'm just seventeen, seventeen... and it's better than forty!
- Years. It's been so many years. Resenting the years in my heredity. Oh, I have hated and loved you... I have hidden behind you... but I finally see. You, I've mistaken for destiny but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes.True, though the imprint is deep in me it will always be up to me. Up to me.
- These eyes can do more then see.
- I've made my peace. I hold no grudge. I'm gonna sing my final song... at the opera tonight!
- Chromaggia, come take these eyes! I would rather be... blind!
- Let your life be your dream. Integrity, honesty. It's too late for me. Don't look back 'till you're free to chase the morning!
- It's clean. It's rare. It's pure. It takes you there.
- Industrialization has crippled the globe. Nature failed as technology spread. And in it's wake, a market erected. An entire city built on top of the dead!
- And you can finance your bones and your kidneys. For every market a submarket grows. But best you be punctual with making your payments lest it be you on the concrete below.
- So why care for these petty obsessions? Your designer heart still beats with common blood! And what if you could have genetic perfection, would you change who you are, if you could?
- It's quick, it's clean, and it's pure. It could change your life, rest assured. It's the 21st Century Cure! And it's my job, to steal and rob... Graves!
- 'Cos we all end up in a tiny pine box, a mighty small drop, and a mighty dark plot, and the mighty fine print hastens the trip to our epilogue.
- Maggots! Vermin! They want the world for nothing. Commence your groveling: Rotti, your king, is dying. Even Rotti Largo cannot prevent this passing. Who will inherit GeneCo? I'll keep those vultures guessing!
- Ashes. Dust. My children were a bust. They shall inherit nothing. No. No! My legacy is too great to throw away on ingrates. Nathan Wallace had potential - 'til he stole my Marni away! In denial, Nathan blamed himself for Marni's sudden death and never once thought to suspect the man who wrote his checks! I guess I'll take it to my death!
- [Rotti is at the graveyard in front of Marni's tomb] Marni, it's Rotti. You never should have left me! I would have given you the world. It's been difficult to see you after what you put me through - you forced my hand and made me do...! Well, it looks like I'll be joining you! It seems the man who cured the globe cannot stop his own extinction...but I can go out with a bang!
Nathan Wallace/Repo Man
- I remember marking every victim with acute precision. I remember, every time I hold you, my born companion. I remember, I dismember! 'Cause the Claims Medic needs no anaesthetic! 90-Day Delinquent gets you Repo Treatment! I'm the Masked Horror on your street corner! Make your mama mourn ya! I'm a Night Surgeon!
- Years go by without you, Marni. Seventeen have come and gone. I raised our Shilo with the best intentions. But there is something I can't tell her. I am lost without you here! I am only living out a lie!
- I'm the monster! I'm the villain! What perfection! What precision! Clean incision, I deliver. Unscathed organs, I deliver! Repossessions, I deliver! I'm the Repo legal assassin!
- Shilo Wallace: Alexa Vega
- Nathan Wallace/Repo Man: Anthony Stewart Head
- Blind Mag: Sarah Brightman
- Amber Sweet: Paris Hilton
- Graverobber: Terrance Zdunich
- Luigi Largo: Bill Moseley
- Pavi Largo: Ogre