Resolution is the state of being resolute, having a strong will, determination.
- I am in earnest—I will not equivocate—I will not excuse—I will not retreat a single inch AND I WILL BE HEARD.
- William Lloyd Garrison, Salutatory of the Liberator, Volume I. No. 1. (Jan. 1. 1831).
- I will be as harsh as truth and as uncompromising as justice.
- William Lloyd Garrison, Salutatory of the Liberator, Volume I. No. 1. (Jan. 1, 1831).
- Be stirring as the time; be fire with fire;
Threaten the threat'ner and outface the brow
Of bragging horror: so shall inferior eyes,
That borrow their behaviours from the great,
Grow great by your example and put on
The dauntless spirit of resolution.
Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations 
- Quotes reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 668-69.
That each man swore to do his best
To damn and perjure all the rest.
- Samuel Butler, Hudibras, Part I (1663-64), Canto II, line 630.
- Nor cast one longing, ling'ring look behind.
- Thomas Gray, Elegy in a Country Churchyard, Stanza 22.
- In truth there is no such thing in man's nature as a settled and full resolve either for good or evil, except at the very moment of execution.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne, Twice-Told Tales, Fancy's Show Box.
- Hast thou attempted greatnesse?
Then go on;
Back-turning slackens resolution.
- Robert Herrick, Regression Spoils Resolution.
- For when two
Join in the same adventure, one perceives
Before the other how they ought to act;
While one alone, however prompt, resolves
More tardily and with a weaker will.
- Homer, The Iliad, Book X, line 257. Bryant's translation.
- Resolve, and thou art free.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Masque of Pandora, Part VI. In the Garden.
- In life's small things be resolute and great
To keep thy muscle trained: know'st thou when Fate
Thy measure takes, or when she'll say to thee,
"I find thee worthy; do this deed for me?"
- James Russell Lowell, Epigram.
- Never tell your resolution beforehand.
- John Selden, Table Talk, Wisdom.
- And hearts resolved and hands prepared
The blessings they enjoy to guard.
- Tobias Smollett, Humphry Clinker, Ode to Leven Water.