Rob Smyth makes readers of the Guardian OBO feel special inside. He makes them feel special in a special way. He is also a good friend of Barry Glendenning. Which is always a good thing.
- "Good stuff from Kemp, who clumps an attempted yorker from Watson down the ground for four before blasting another full-toss through extra-cover. Watson has bowled like a drain today."
- "Another one goes, and I'm so underwhelmed that I can't even be bothered to use the obligatory exclamation mark after 'wicket'. All it took was the most rudimentary wicket-to-wicket hustle from Reekers, who is something of a corpulent Ian Austin, and Haq was cleaned up as he played miserably around his pads."
- "I like Relentless."
- "Four more byes down the leg side, although Prior was pretty blameless there. However, it does take his byes conceded past the 1,000,000 mark in only his seventh Test, which is quite some achievement. Give that some [name of sponsor deleted] energy, you gobby git."
- "I even sponsored them myself, although I don't like really like to talk about my charity, erm, work. Which is a good job because I do so much that you'd never shut me up. If I spoke about it. Which I don't like to do."
Notes and references
- Cricket World Cup 2007 Semi-final Over-by-over: South Africa innings. Guardian (2007-04-25). Retrieved on 2007-05-26.
- Cricket World Cup 2007; Group A: Scotland v Netherlands; Over-by-over: Scotland innings. Guardian (2007-03-22). Retrieved on 2007-05-26.
- Cricket England versus India; Third Test, day one; Over-by-over: afternoon session. Guardian (2007-08-09). Retrieved on 2007-05-26.
- Cricket England versus India; Third Test, day two; Over-by-over: morning session. Guardian (2007-08-10). Retrieved on 2007-08-10.