(Redirected from Robbie williams)
Robbie Williams (born February 13, 1974) is a British songwriter, singer and performer. He is one of the biggest pop stars in the UK and Europe; and often regarded as the greatest and most popular British singer of the past decade.
- I met Courtney Love and she said she'd like to sleep with me, but she couldn't cos of my "pop-star thing"... so I said to her I couldn't sleep with her either - cos of her 'ugly thing'...
- Interview with Chris Moyles, Radio One (2005)
Life Thru a Lens (1997)
- The world could change in a second,
so I find the sunshine beckons me,
to open up the gate and dream.
- I look above, and I know
I'll always be blessed with love.
- Well tonight I'm gonna live for today, so come along for the ride,
I hope I'm old before I die.
- There'll be the same old faces,
in the same old places,
where my youth was well misspent,
but I toe the line and move in time,
to a town called no regrets.
- Hell is gone and heaven's here,
there’s nothing left for you to fear.
- I sit and talk to God, and he just laughs at my plans.
- I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to.
If I stop lying, I'll just disappoint you.
- I'm contemplating thinking about thinking…
but....it's overrated - just get another drink in!
- Come Undone
- All your friends think you're satisfied, but they can't see your soul, no, no, no...
- Screw you, I didn't like your taste anyway, I chose you,
That's all gone to waste, It's Saturday, I'll go out and find another you.
- I've sung some songs that were lame,
I've slept with girls on the game.
- I'm here to make money and get laid,
Yeah I'm a star but I'll fade.
- I'm glad that spending a night with me,
Guaranteed you celebrity.
- Oh I haven't got a clue what to do with you,
Jesus all the things my head is going through.
- How Peculiar
- An awful lot of gay pop stars pretend to be straight. I'm going to start a movement of straight pop stars pretending to be gay.
- Because it is pants-down-palace.
- About his California mansion, during Parkinson interview (2005)
- Don't take drugs. They're a lot of fun, but really bad. They make you feel good, but then sad. So don't take drugs.
- Interview just before the launch of Intensive Care
- Don't throw me teddy-bears, I'm 23! I'm a man! Throw me condoms or money! Paper, not coins.
- Good evening everybody, my name is Robbie Williams, this is my band and for the next two hours YOUR ARSE IS MINE!
- Live at Knebworth (2003)
- It’s a great idea. I think it's great, really I do. I am sure my record label would hate me saying it, and my manager and my accountants.
- On music piracy
- I am the only man who can say he's been in Take That and at least two members of the Spice Girls.
- I can't take myself seriously because what I do is very silly. It's not brain surgery that I'm doing, it's just about picking up a guitar and writing a song and expressing what you want to say and it doesn't make you Einstein.
- I don't think I'm that good-looking and I think that's why I've got this far - everyone took pity on me.
- I enjoy nakedness. I am a bit of a naturist at heart.
- I miss having someone to cuddle up and have an early night with. But I'm looking. Meanwhile, I'm having a few relationships that don't mean much.
- I show off - I'm a very good show off. It's what I do, it's what I'm good at.
- I think the way for me to win America's heart is to perform, and if I really was concerned about breaking big then there'd be a tour.
- I'd like to thank MTV for my three houses, my five cars and my supermodel girlfriend. Live the dream.
- MTV European Music Awards (2000)
- I'm a born entertainer. When I open the fridge door and the light goes on, I burst into song.
- I'm not married, I've never been married, I have no girlfriend, I want a girlfriend. I'm Aquarius, I'm average in bed, I'm a good footballer. I like food and I can move things with my mind.
- via AP Television News
- I'm very humbled to receive another award yet again. Last year I was very arrogant when I said "I'd like to thank MTV for my three houses, my five cars and my supermodel girlfriend, live the dream." The supermodel girlfriend turned out to be anorexic and decided to be lesbian, I couldn't keep up with the mortgage repayments on three houses, so I'm living in a caravan. The five cars I had, I wrote them all off. Please keep buying my records, live the nightmare.
- MTV European Music Award (2001)
- I've done cocaine with half the journalists that have been criticising Kate Moss!
- I've got this brilliant thing where I go, "I'm Robbie Williams", and people are interested in what I want to say - which is amazing because I'm just an idiot from Stoke-on-Trent.
- Inside me there is a fat man dying to get out.
- It's not how you look on the outside, it's the beauty inside that counts... and a couple of big tits work for me too.
- In the "Road to Berlin" documentary
- Madonna is the ultimate in our day and age of the grass being greenest. Guy Ritchie is a lucky man. I do happen to fancy Madonna. She rehearses her arse off. Goes to the gym every day. She does all that stuff to get it spot-on and then she delivers. I'm in awe of her drive.
- Noel's run out of other people's ideas.
- Referring to Oasis
- The only thing I really like about myself is my huge willy!
- The second time I got drunk I was 14. All the tellies in the house were smashed, my signed Muhammad Ali picture was destroyed, and I couldn't remember a second of any of it!
- The sex is nothing to write home about. It's a shame because my mum loves those letters.
- There aren't that many people that I'd go "ooh, they're lovely", but then I've slept with them all!
- Interview with Sara Cox, Radio One
- There is nothing anyone can do about it.
- On music piracy
- This is my 48th award this year. Apparently when I reach 50 I can trade them in for a kettle.
- When I first met him [David Beckham] I didn't know whether to shake his hand or lick his face.
- When I was in Ireland I picked up a TV set in my hotel room and walked right out of the building. My room was on the first floor and I actually threw it back through the window onto my bed. I did it the other way round! That's more rock'n'roll than rock'n'roll!
- When I'm awake, I don't want to go to sleep. I don't want the hassle of turning the light off, putting my head down and then all the thoughts. I don't want al those thoughts. … thoughts feed on thoughts feed on thoughts feed on thoughts feed on thoughts and I'm: 'I don't want this'. I have to knock myself out to go to sleep.
- From the book Feel
- When people come out of rehab, they usually go to secondary rehab for another six months and then enter back into society gradually. But I came out and did Top Of The Pops straight away!
- Yeah, I think that it's important once you get on national television you make sure your fly is up. 'course you don't want anything unnecessary happening - like exposure.
- The Late Show with Craig Kilborn