Robots is a 2005 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Blue Sky Studios for 20th Century Fox, and was released theatrically on March 11, 2005. The story was created by Chris Wedge and William Joyce, a children's book author/illustrator. The two were trying to create a film version of Joyce's book Santa Calls but instead they came up with a movie about robots. Joyce served as producer and production designer for the film.
- Just stick with me, kid. I know this town like the back of my hand. (sees something on his hand) Hey, that's new! (gets blown off his feet by a giant hammer)
- Say hello to my dimpled friend!
- See a need, fill a need!
- Why be you when you can be new?
- (After beating Bigweld unconscious with his telephone) Oh my gosh, I'm as crazy as my mother!
- Bigweld: So remember: Whether a bot is made of new parts, old parts or spare parts, you can shine no matter what you're made o--
- Ratchet: My goodness. What a remarkable legacy. Concern for the common robot. You don't come across old-fashioned values like that anymore , friends. And for good reason. THERE'S NO MONEY IN IT!!! Hello! Memo to Bigweld: we're not a charity! That's why old Fat-face no longer sits in the big chair. He's a relic! So I don't want to here another (in a whiny voice) "Where's Bigweld?" (imitates a baby whining)
- Chairman: We'll see him next week at the Bigweld Ball! He always goes to that. (Ratchet pushes a button which makes the chairman fall into a pit)
- (Rodney and Fender arrive dressed as rich robots)
- Tim: Uh, can I help you?
- Fender:(in a foreign accent) I think maybe you can. This is Count Roderic Von Broken-zipper! Formerly Count Velcro.(Tim stammers) Where are the trumpets?! (Tim stammers some more) We were promised trumpets to announce the Count's arrival!(to Rodney) I'm so sorry, your Grace. Beat me until you're happy.(Rodney slaps Fender on the face)He's happy, and I'm not feeling too bad myself!
- Tim: Let me... uh.... You're not on the list.
- Fender: We're what?! (to Rodney)Once again. (Rodney slaps Fender again) Thank you. (to Tim) Fine! WE WILL GO!! YOU ARE TO EXPLAIN TO YOUR SUPERIORS WHY WE WERE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND YOUR LITTLE LUAU, YOUR BARN DANCE, WHATEVER IT IS! BUT WE'RE LEAVING, IN A HUFF!!! (Rodney and Fender start to walk away)
- Tim: No-no-no! Please, go right in! In fact, would the Count like to hit me?
- Fender: The Count hit you?! The arrogance of some people! I will hit you on his behalf! (hits Tim, knocking him off the booth)
- Tim: Thank you, your Grace!
- Piper: By the way...the name's Piper, rhymes with "viper"! (hisses)
- Bigweld: Gasket, you're a sick, twisted, evil robot.
- Madame Gasket: I try.
- Madame Gasket: Who are these losers?
- Fender: We, sir-
- Madame Gasket: I'm a woman!
- Crank: Ouch! (Diesel's eye lenses break)
- Piper: Did I miss the butt-whuppin'?
- Everyone: Uh, no.
- Crank: Matter of fact, you're a little early.
- Fender: (with Scottish accent) We've come to rescue our friend, you evil bag of bolts! And you will be defeated by the very outmodes that you scorn and detest!
- Crank: Yeah, 'cause there's seven of us, and only one of you. (Madame Gasket's minions appear)
- Fender: There are seven of us, and... (counts how many minions there are) eight, nine...
- Crank: Did you count that one?
- Fender: I think so. WILL YOU ALL STOP MOVING AROUND?!? IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!! I THINK I COUNTED ONE OF YOU TWICE!!!
- Rodney Copperbottom: Hey Fender.
- [Rodney does arm farts]
- Fender: YEAH BABY!!!! LET IT RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- [Rodney and Fender are doing arm farts]
- Crank: Hey Guys! Come on, what are you? Three years old? This is how a man does it.
- [Crank does arm farts]
- Piper: You guys are SO gross! Besides, this is how you do it.
- [Piper does arm farts]
- Aunt Fanny: Hey kids, get a load of this!...
- [does HUGE farts and sighs with relief; Everyone is grossed out]
- Piper: Aunt Fanny, we were using our arms!
- Aunt Fanny: Oh.....excuse me.
- Crank: Ugh, light a match!
- Lamppost: Lady... please... see a doctor...!
- Lamppost: [the lamppost dies]
- Rodney: This is our moment to shine, and this is what you show that you're really made of!
- Fender: In my case, it's a rare metal called "Afraidium." It's yellow, tastes like chicke-n
- [Fender clucks like a chicken and promptly lays an egg.]
- Fender: [breathlessly] Oh-ooh-ooh! I didn't know I could do that!
- Female Robot: [angry] But I like myself just the way I am! [Her light bulb nose breaks.] Uh!
- Male Robot: We can't afford upgrades!
- Male Voice: This is unfair!
- Brute [shouting] Let's get him! [Brute attempts to throw a trashcan, but it is actually a robot.]
- Trashcan Bot: Hey, hey! What are you doing?! Don't throw me!
- Broken-Arm Bot: Hey, could you look at my arm??
- Rodney: Nice grip.
- Broken-Arm Bot: LIKE IRON!!!
- Jackhammer: I got good news and I got bad news.
- Fender: What's the bad news?
- Jackhammer: I checked the stock book. As of today, they're no longer making parts for your model. You have been officially outmoded.
- Fender: [calmly] Outmoded. Well, that's fine. [Angilry] WHAT'S THE GOOD NEWS?!?
- Jackhammer: Well, when we had your parts...THEY WERE ON SALE! (laughs, Fender laughs and then cries)
- Fender: How could this happen to me?! I'm practically a kid!
- Tire Bot: I can't get rid of this spare tire!
- Lost Mind Bot: I am losing my mind!
- Tammy: [crying] I didn't take good care of my battery and I'm bleeding to death!
- Fender: Back off! BACK OFF! HE'S GOT HIS OWN DREAMS THAT WON'T COME TRUE!!!
- Rodney: See a need, Fill a need!
- Bigweld: Gasket, you're a sick, twisted, evil robot!
- Madame Gasket: [in a sing-song voice; fluttering her eyelashes] I try.
- Rodney: Mr. Bigweld! Are you alright?
- Bigweld: I'm the prettiest girl at the Harvest Moon Ball!
- Rodney: I'll take that as a "no!"
- You can shine no matter what you're made of.
- Ewan McGregor as Rodney Copperbottom
- Halle Berry as Cappy
- Robin Williams as Fender
- Amanda Bynes as Piper Pinwheeler
- Mel Brooks as Bigweld
- Greg Kinnear as Phineas T. Ratchet
- Drew Carey as Crank Casey
- Jennifer Coolidge as Aunt Fanny
- Harland Williams as Lug
- Jim Broadbent as Madame Gasket
- Dianne Wiest as Lydia Copperbottom
- Stanley Tucci as Herb Copperbottom
- Natasha Lyonne as Loretta Geargrinder
- Paul Giamatti as Tim the Gate Guard
- Dan Hedaya as Mr. Gunk
- Jay Leno as a Fire Hydrant
- Lucille Bliss as a Pidgeon Lady
- Paula Abdul as Wristwatch #1
- Randy Jackson as Wristwatch #2
- Ryan Seacrest as Wristwatch #3
- Al Roker as Mailbox
- John Mahoney as Ratchet's robots
- James Earl Jones as Darth Vader, voice chip
- Randall Montgomery as Zinc