Rock and roll
(Redirected from Rock and Roll)
Rock and Roll is a musical genre and lifestyle which first originated in the 1950's and has since evolved in popular culture throughout the years proceeding.
- Rock and roll is just, rock and roll.
- It's got a back-beat you can't lose it, any old time you use it... it's got to be rock and roll music if you want to dance with me.
- As I define it, rock and roll is dead. The attitude isn't dead, but the music is no longer vital. It doesn't have the same meaning. The attitude, though, is still very much alive -- and it still informs other kinds of music.
- If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my ass in jail!
- It's a nightmare set to music.
- And it turns out the lingua franca of the world is not english. It's rock 'n roll.
- Men make angry music and it's called rock-and-roll; women include anger in their vocabulary and suddenly they're angry and militant.
- Commercial rock 'n' roll music is a brutalization of the stream of contemporary Negro church music an obscene looting of a cultural expression.
- Rock and Roll is passion, commitment, and spirit.
- You've got to be hard, like the rock in that old rock and roll.
- Rock and roll used to be for kicks, nowadays it's politics.
- Rock and Roller cola wars. I can't take it anymore!
- Videos destroyed the vitality of rock and roll. Before that, music said, "Listen to me." Now it says, "Look at me."
- I like rock and roll, and I don't like much else.
- We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first, rock 'n' roll or Christianity.
- Now in the sixties we were naive, like children. Everybody went back to their rooms and said, 'We didn't get a wonderful world of just flowers and peace and happy chocolate, and it won't be just pretty and beautiful all the time,' and just like babies everyone went back to their rooms and sulked. 'We're going to stay in our rooms and play rock and roll and not do anything else, because the world's a horrible place, because it didn't give us everything we cried for.' Right?
- Rock and roll doesn't necessarily mean a band. It doesn't mean a singer, and it doesn't mean a lyric, really. It's that question of trying to be immortal.
- I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear! When I wear leather, I feel like a Black Panther!
- I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
- If you live in rock and roll, as I do, you see the reality of sex, of male lust and women being aroused by male lust. It attracts women. It doesn't repel them.
- No, it hasn't, because I was in tanks and they rock and rolled quite a bit.
- Elvis Presley, when asked if his 2-year stint in the Army changed his thoughts on rock and roll
- "Rock and Roll" is about me. If I hadn't heard rock and roll on the radio, I would have had no idea there was life on this planet. Which would have been devastating to think that everything, everywhere was like it was where I come from. That would have been profoundly discouraging. Movies didn't do it for me. TV didn't do it for me. It was the radio that did it.
- Rock and Roll: Music for the neck downwards.
- It's only Rock and Roll but I like it.
- Rolling Stones
- Rock and roll is dead, and we don't care.
- Rock and roll music - the music of freedom frightens people and unleashes all manner of conservative defense mechanisms.
- Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world.
- My my, hey hey... Rock and roll is here to stay. Hey hey, my my... Rock and roll will never die.
- Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read.
- No change in musical style will survive unless it is accompanied by a change in clothing style. Rock is to dress up to.