Rush (2013 film)
- Directed by Ron Howard. Written by Peter Morgan.
- [argues his case for cancelling the 1976 German Grand Prix] I accept that every time I get into my car, there's 20% chance I could die and I could live with it, but not one percent more! And today with the rain, the risk is more.
- [James Hunt is undergoing medical checkup after a race]
- James Hunt: I had a friendly disagreement with another driver about his wife.
- Nurse Gemma: [checks eyes] Why, what did you do?
- Hunt: Only what she asked me to do.
- Gemma: Which was?
- Hunt: I could show you if you'd like.
- [Suzy Miller looks at James Hunt's car and laments the lack of safety features]
- Suzy Miller: Why don't they make it safer?
- James Hunt: The risk of death turns people on.
- [Niki Lauda's driving a sedan that two Italian men agree to let him on the way to a train station with Marlene Knaus, who's gotten quite bored]
- Niki Lauda: There's no need to drive fast. We're not in a hurry, we're not being paid. There is no reward for the risk. So why would I drive fast?
- Marlene Knaus: Because I'm asking you to.
- Lauda: [in German] Do you always get what you want?
- Knaus: [in German] Usually. [suddenly pushed back against her seat as Niki steps on the gas]
- [Niki Lauda is being interviewed before the 1976 Italian Grand Prix]
- Reporter: What did your wife say when she saw your face?
- Niki Lauda: She said, you don't need a face to drive, you just need a right foot.
- Reporter: I'm being serious. Do you think your marriage can survive with your face looking like that?
- Lauda: And I am being serious too... [flips off finger] Fuck you! This press conference is over. [storms out of room]
- [James Hunt sees Niki Lauda at the 1976 Italian Grand Prix]
- James Hunt: I feel responsible for what happened.
- Niki Lauda: You were.
- Hunt: I swayed the room and the race should never have went ahead.
- Lauda: You did, but trust me. Watching you win those races while I was fighting for my life. You were equally responsible for getting me back in the car.
- [At the Japanese Grand Prix James Hunt pulls into the pits with two flat tires, with the title slipping away having slipped down to fifth place with only four laps left]
- James Hunt: Come on, Come on!!!
- Alistair Caldwell: James!!
- Hunt: Come on!!!
- Caldwell: Listen!!
- Hunt: What?!!!
- Caldwell: Just go easy out there.
- Hunt: What are you saying?
- Caldwell: I’m saying look after yourself. We want you back in one piece. You’re too far back. There’s too many drivers in front of you. There’s always next year.
- Hunt: So that’s it? It’s over?! ... [thrusts helmet visor shut] Fuck it!!! [accelerates wildly out of the pit lane]
- Based on a true story.
- Everyone's driven by something.
- Chris Hemsworth - James Hunt
- Daniel Bruhl - Niki Lauda
- Alexandra Maria Lara - Marlene Knaus
- Olivia Wilde - Suzy Miller
- Natalie Dormer - Nurse Gemma