- [On Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and chairman Bill Gates:] Ballmer and Butt-Head
- [...] the only thing I'd rather own than [Microsoft] Windows is English or Chinese or Spanish, because then I could charge a $249 right to speak English. And I could charge you an upgrade fee when I add new letters like N and T.
- You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it.
- Sprenger, Polly (1999-01-26). "Sun on Privacy: 'Get Over It'". Wired. Retrieved on 2008-01-11.
- What we offer is good enough. It's like my haircut: It ain't pretty, but it's good enough.
- Ricciuti, Mike (2002-10-08). "Sun CEO: We're "good enough"". CNET News.com. Retrieved on 2006-08-25.
- In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
- Schlender, Brent (13 October 1997). JAVAMAN THE ADVENTURES OF SCOTT MCNEALY TODAY'S EPISODE HIS FIGHT TO SAVE THE WORLD WIDE WEB FROM THE EVIL EMPIRE. Fortune.