Shaman King was a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hiroyuki Takei. Shaman King follows the adventures of Yoh Asakura as he attempts to hone his shaman skills to become the Shaman King in the Shaman tournament.
Shaman King was serialized in the Japanese manga anthology Weekly Shōnen Jump between 1998 and 2004 and has been collected in thirty-two tankōbon volumes. Since its publication, Shaman King has spawned a substantial media franchise. The manga has been adapted into an animated television series produced by Xebec and co-produced by TV Tokyo. The series has also spawned numerous video games.
- 1 Shaman King (Manga)
- 1.1 Chapter 1: The Boy Who Dances with Ghosts
- 1.2 Chapter 2: The Waiting Samurai
- 1.3 Chapter 3: The Unfinished Billboard
- 1.4 Chapter 4: Soul Boxing
- 1.5 Chapter 5: Samurai Bodyguard
- 1.6 Chapter 6: Another Shaman
- 1.7 Chapter 7: Shaman vs. Shaman
- 1.8 Chapter 8: 100% Integration
- 1.9 Chapter 9: The Shaman King
- 1.10 Chapter 10: Shaman Ambition
- 1.11 Chapter 11: The Shaman Life
- 2 External Links
Shaman King (Manga)
Chapter 1: The Boy Who Dances with Ghosts
- Manta Oyamada: [Annoyed] Why does he always seem so carefree? He doesn't study... He listens to his favorite music... He even watches the rivers and stars! ......I wish I could live like that...
Chapter 2: The Waiting Samurai
- Mosuke: It's my fault he's called a demon! I killed him!! I can't fulfill my promise until I give him Harusame!! Even though I died I can't accept my death!
- Yoh Asakura: Is that all?
- Mosuke: WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT'S ALL!?
Chapter 3: The Unfinished Billboard
- Manta Oyamada: Tests are meant to test your own knowledge. So how can you do them relying on other people!?
- Yoh Asakura: What? I want to become a professional shaman so there's nothing wrong with it.
- Manta: Professional? Huh?
- Yoh: Yeah. It's kind of the same as a professional musician or artist. This is my skill so I should keep using it. I don't really care about tests and all that; as long as I graduate normally it's okay.
Chapter 4: Soul Boxing
- Manta Oyamada: Hey, Yoh-kun, what happened to Gushi's ghost in the end?
- Yoh Asakura: Ran away. I did.
- Manta: [Snickering] What? It's not good to run away...
- Yoh: [Battered and bruised] I don't like boxing, it's too painful. I don't like painful things.
Chapter 5: Samurai Bodyguard
- Manta Oyamada: Have you thought about what it'll be like having a ghost around all the time?
- Yoh Asakura: What do you mean? It's a good thing. In the morning, he can wake me up by paralyzing me.
- Manta: Paralysis!?
- Yoh: If I get lost, he can navigate for me from above.
- Manta: Be-because he's a ghost...
- Yoh: I don't need to be afraid of hoodlums at all.
- Manta: Be-because he's a samurai...
- Yoh: On top of that, if I'm afraid to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, he can go with me.
- Manta: Ehhhh! BUT ISN'T HE A GHOST!?
Chapter 6: Another Shaman
- Tao Ren: There's no sky in Tokyo, don't you think? Stars are like lights that guide us humans. Those who cannot read the movements of the stars lose sight of the path they should follow, and fall into ruin. Are you also one of those foolish people?
Chapter 7: Shaman vs. Shaman
- Yoh Asakura: You start fights with people, and then all of a sudden, you tell me to give you Amidamaru?
- Tao Ren: Would you prefer if I said "please"?
- Yoh: NO! Amidamaru is my friend! You can't just treat him like some object!
Chapter 8: 100% Integration
- Tao Ren: You're saying you'd just cast aside your spirit!?
- Yoh Asakura: If the only other option is to let him become your "tool"... then absolutely yes.
Chapter 9: The Shaman King
- [Yoh refuses to grow up to be a shaman.]
- Yohmei Asakura: So... What do you want to do in the future?
- Yoh Asakura: Well... Every day, I want to listen to my favorite music! And live free of worries!
- Yohmei: IDIOT!!
Chapter 10: Shaman Ambition
- Anna Kyoyama: Because I aim to be the First Lady of the shaman world... You will become Shaman King, whether you want to or not.
Chapter 11: The Shaman Life
- Yoh Asakura: The easiest way to test a person's real ability is under extreme conditions. Therefore, it's appropriate to choose the Shaman King through fighting.