Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 is a video game released in August 14, 2007 for the PlayStation 2. It is the fourth installement in the Persona series, a spin-off series of Shin Megami Tensei. Despite being named "Persona 3," as said above, it is the fourth installement; Persona 2 was divided into two different games as a duology.
- Junpei: Who's the man!
- Junpei: Dude, I gotta pull it together.
- Referring to successfully finishing the battle.
- Aigis: Efficiently executed.
- Aigis: Enemy... annihilated.
- Aigis: I can't lose here!
- Mitsuru: [When using an all-out attack] You'll fall by my hand!
- Junpei: Damn! I can't finish it off!
- Referring to attacking the enemy and that they have some HP left.
- Yukari: Why you little!
- Referring to her getting up after being downed by an enemy.
- Fuuka: There are two enemies left!
- Referring to any of the characters defeating the 3rd enemy and leaving two left.
- Mitsuru: Well, aren't you the slave driver?
- Referring to you if you don't let her flee battle when critically wounded.
- Akihiko: I've been waiting for this!
- Referring to an All-Out Attack.
- Fuuka: There's only one left!
- Referring to the final boss.
- Fuuka: Akihiko-senpai is in trouble!
- Referring to Akhiko at critical HP.
- Aigis: I need your help!
- Aigis: Persona!
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Magician Arcana] Attaining one's dream requires a stern will and unfailing determination.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Priestess Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Empress Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Celebrate life's grandeur... its brilliance... its magnificence...
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Emperor Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Hierophant Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. It is indeed a precious gift to understand the forces that guide oneself.
- Nyx Avatar:[Switching to the Lovers Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. There is both joy and wonder in coming to understand another.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Chariot Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. One of life's greatest blessings is the freedom to pursue one's goal.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Justice Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. To find one's true path, one must seek guidance amidst uncertainty.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Hermit Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly and forge one's own path.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Fortune Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Alongside time exists fate, the bearer of cruelty.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Strength Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Only with strength can one endure suffering and torment.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Hanged Man Arcana] The arcana is the means by which all is revealed. In the face of disaster lies opportunity for renewal.
- Nyx Avatar: [Switching to the Death Arcana] The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.
April 7 Conversation: Junpei, Protagonist & Yukari
- Student: 'Sup, dude!? How's it goin'?
- Student: Me? I'm Junpei Iori. Nice to meet ya. I transferred here when I was in eighth grade. I know how tough it is being the new kid. So I wanted to say "hey." Heh... See what a nice guy I am!
- Junpei: Hey, it's Yuka-tan! I didn't think we'd be in the same class again.
- Yukari: *sighs* At it again? I swear. You'll talk to anyone if they'll listen. Did you ever think you might be bothering someone?
- Junpei: What? But, I was just bein' friendly!
- Yukari: If you say so. [to the Protagonist] Anyway, looks like we're in the same homeroom...
[If the player chooses: It must be fate.]
- Yukari: Fate? Yeah, right. *chuckle* Still, I was a little surprised.
Battle On The Bridge
- Ryoji: Yes... Ten years ago... The night I was born into this world, I set foot on this very bridge.
- Aigis: The sole purpose of my existence is to destroy shadows. For that reason, I was given a personality and a persona.
- Ryoji: They said I was death. The thirteenth arcana that was never meant to be... And I wasn't in this world for long... before parts of my body escaped me... Leaving me incomplete... as I was when I met you.
- Aigis: Even so your strength was far greater than I anticipated. The only possible alternative was to seal you away. And as circumstance would have it, a suitable vessel was availiable. A human child standing nearby... so I did what was neccassary.
- Ryoji: I see... So I was confined within him! And I led him to my twelve missing pieces without realising it! And then... Ugh! I remember! I remember everything! It all makes sense now! Who... and what I am.
Nov. 22, Strega's Return
[An alarm goes off, waking the Protagonist.]
- Fuuka: (telepathically) I'm sorry to wake you up... Um, I'm not sure how to say this, but... You need to go to the 4th floor, and please hurry!
[Fuuka is in the meeting room with Juno summoned. Mitsuru and Akihiko are already there. The other SEES members arrive.]
- Yukari: What's going on!?
- Mitsuru: Yamagishi sensed something! Other Persona-users—they're outside Tartarus!
- Ken: Other Persona-users...? Don't tell me it's...
- Akihiko: Strega. They're still alive.
- Yukari: First, the Dark Hour won't go away, and now Strega is back!? What's happening!?
- Akihiko: How many are there, Yamagishi?
- Fuuka: (telepathically) There's only one, but...I thought she was in the hospital...
[There's a flash. Fuuka holds her hands to her head.]
- Fuuka: (telepathically) No... she's... she's inside... [screams]
- Mitsuru: What's wrong!?
- Chidori: (telepathically) ...Long time, no see.
- Junpei: [shocked] Chidori!?
- Mitsuru: She's speaking through Yamagishi!?
- Chidori: (telepathically) I can't stand the sight of you all anymore...so, I've decided to do something about it. Come to me...
[Fuuka seems to regain control.]
- Yukari: What the heck...!? I thought she was... [she turns to Junpei] Junpei, do you know what's going on!? Junpei!
- Junpei: No, dammit! I have no idea! Just leave me the hell alone!
[He runs out of the room.]
- Yukari: J-Junpei? Junpei, wait!
- Mitsuru: This is most likely a trap. But, we're dealing with Strega, so we must pursue this. And if we confront them, we may gain some insight into our current situation.
- Fuuka: (telepathically) Please be careful. I sense only one person, but the other two may be nearby.
- Mitsuru: [to the Protagonist] We have no idea what they're planning, so choose your allies wisely. We'll go after Iori once you've made your decision.
[The Protagonist selects the party members, and they head out. Later, Junpei and Chidori are outside Tartarus.]
- Junpei: Chidori! What's going on!? Why are you doing this!?
[Chidori says nothing]
- Junpei: It doesn't make any sense! I mean, I know I'm not that smart, and I've done a lot of stupid stuff...but, we shouldn't be fighting like this!
[Junpei starts to approch her when...]
- Fuuka: (offscreen) Junpei-kun! Look out!
[Chidori swings her weapon at him but Junpei manages to dodge in time.]
- Junpei: Whoa!
- Chidori: Tch...
[The other party members arrive on the scene.]
- Junpei: Chidori...? Why!?
- Akihiko: Get back, Junpei! It's useless trying to reason with her!
- Fuuka: No! It's too dangerous! I know how you feel, Junpei-kun! But please, just back up!
[The party begins to battle Chidori.]
[The party defeats Chidori. She drops to her knees and Junpei runs over to her.]
- Junpei: Chidori!
- Chidori: I told you: don't touch me...
- Junpei: Chidori, please: tell me why you're doing this...
- Chidori: What I fear most isn't death; what I fear most is...attachment. Once I become attatched to something, I fear that I will lose it. That's why we only live for the moment... But you...you brought me pain... Pain that I didn't want... Pain that I never asked for...
- Junpei: Huh...?
- Chidori: When I'm with you, Junpei, I fear everything... I fear loss... I fear death... I fear that my time with you will end... That's why I...
- Junpei: Chidori...?
[Suddenly, Fuuka grabs her abdomen.]
- Fuuka: I'm sensing...
- Mitsuru: What? What is it?
[Takaya and Jin suddenly appear in front of the doors to Tartarus.]
- Ken: So then...
- Akihiko: There you are, you sons of bitches!
- Takaya: *sigh* Chidori... I see that it is too late. You've been poisoned by them...
[Junpei gets up, angered.]
- Junpei: What the hell does that mean, you figgin' ghost!?
- Takaya: *laugh* I am no ghost... Fate permitted me to live, even though I wasn't attached to life... You might say I was... chosen.
- Junpei: You bastard... I've made up my mind! I won't let you do this to her anymore! I'll protect Chidori with my life! [kneels down in front of Chidori] Chidori, don't stay with them! Come with me!
- Takaya: *laugh*
[Takaya pulls out his revolver.]
- Akihiko: Look out, Junpei!!
[Junpei stands up—just as Takaya shoots him.]
- Junpei: H-Huh...?
[Junpei puts a hand to his chest before dropping to the ground. Chidori turns towards him.]
- Chidori: Jun...pei...
- Fuuka: Nooooooooo!!
[The scene fades out and changes into another scene. Junpei is lying in a hospital bed and Chidori is sitting in a chair next to him.]
- Junpei: ...!?
- Chidori: I'm so happy you're awake...
[Junpei sits up.]
- Junpei: Chidori...? Huh...? I-I thought I was...
[Chidori takes his hand.]
- Chidor: I...I was wrong. [Junpei looks confused] I was scared, and I blamed you for my heartache. I never felt that way before I met you, Junpei... And for the first time in my life, I...I realized what I wanted...
- Junpei: And, what is that?
- Chidori: I...I want to be with you, Junpei. Forever.
- Junpei: I, um, I... [blushes] I want to be with you, too...
- Chidori: But, it could never last... I'm different from you... Since the moment I gained my power, I've known the day I was going to die.
- Junpei: [turns toward her] What...!?
- Chidori: Knowing that scared me...because I had never really thought about dying. And it made me realize that I wouldn't be with you anymore...
[Junpei holds her hands.]
- Junpei: Chidori...
- Chidori: That's why this is how it should be...you can't die here, Junpei.
- Junpei: Die...?
[There's a flash.]
- Junpei: H-Huh!?
[The vision fades back to reality. Chidori is using Medea on Junpei.]
- Junpei: [gasping] ...Ah!
- Fuuka: Junpei-kun!
- Yukari: Junpei!
- Junpei: [sits up] I...
- Chidori: It worked...
- Akihiko: [stunned] She revived him. I can't believe it.
- Fuuka: Her power is the opposite of mine: her Persona doesn't sense life; it emits life. But, in order to revive a person, she must...
[Chidori suddenly collaspes. Junpei grabs her and holds her in his lap.]
- Junpei: Chidori!
- Chidori: I can hear the life pulsing through you... *chuckle*
- Junpei: Huh...?
- Chidori: Now I will live inside you, and we'll be together...forever.
- Junpei: Wh-What're you saying...!? Chidori... Chidori!
- Chidori: I'll protect you, Junpei...always...
- Junpei: I-I'll protect you too! Please...don't go!
[She holds her hand up and Junpei takes it.]
- Chidori: It feels so nice to be with you...
- Junpei: Chidori...!
- Chidori: Thank you...Jun...pei... I love you...
[Her hand goes limp and drops to the ground.]
- Junpei: ...!? This can't be happening... Chidori... Chidori, answer me... Chidori...! Aaaaaaaah!!
[Takaya and Jin step forward.]
- Takaya: What a pity... Such a meaningless death...
[The SEES members all stare up at him in shock and anger, but Junpei is first to respond.]
- Junpei: Meaningless...!?
[Junpei sets Chidori on the ground and turns around.]
- Takaya: Hm?
- Junpei: Aaaah...!
[Junpei uses his Evoker and summones Hermes.] > The resolution in Junpei's heart has awakened a new Persona...
- Jin: ...!?
[Hermes changes into a reddishly-colored Persona.]
- Takaya: What!?
> Hermes has given rise to Trismegistus!
- Junpei: Aaaaaaaaaargggggh!!
[Jin runs forward and shields Takaya from a blast of fire, knocking him backdown.]
- Jin: Gah!
[The Persona disappears, leaving Junpei exhausted.]
- Junpei: [gasping] I refuse to...ugh...
[Junpei drops to his knees. The rest of the party runs forward.]
- Akihiko: Junpei!
- Takaya: My...that was quite a specticle. Now, allow me to reciprocate.
[Takaya pulls out his revoler, but Jin grabs his other arm.]
- Jin: Takaya, don't!
- Takaya: Wh-What is the meaning of this!? [grunts] Release me!
- Jin: Don't forget about your mission! This is just a waste of energy!
- Takaya: ... [to the SEES members] I have something much greater to accomplish. And since you have no means of destroying the Dark Hour, I will let you be...for now.
[Takaya makes a gesture with his revolver.]
- Takaya: ...But know, that the day I shall finish this is soon approaching.
[Jin throws out a smoke bomb and they escape.]
- Junpei: Wait!
- Akihiko: Stop!
- Junpei: Let go! I...!
- Akihiko: She [Chidori] entrusted you with this life! Don't waste it.
[Stymied, Junpei turns back around to face Chidori.]
- Junpei: Chidori... Chidori, I...I... This is so hard... But...it's not just my life anymore...
- Yukari: Junpei...
[The scene fades out.] > ...... Everyone was silent as you walked back to the dorm together. No one can find the right words to say to Junpei...
October 5, Shinji's Memorial
[Akihiko enters the auditorium and climbs the stage. He addresses the picture of Shinjiro.]
- Akihiko: Yo. I had the usual for lunch... Ramen tastes a lot better when you're cutting class. ...Make sure you invite me next time.
[He turns his back.]
- Akihiko: Say something, will ya...? Why are you always like that? You're so stubborn. Put yourself in my shoes for a change...
[He turns back around and leans on the table.]
- Akihiko: ...You think it's the other way around, huh? I guess you're right...I was too obsessed with power... Ever since I lost Miki, that's all I've cared about... I thought that if I was strong enough, I could protect anyone... But, I was wrong... And now, you're gone too...I'm such an idiot.
[He hangs his head and pounds the table a few times in frustration.]
- Akihiko: In battle, there's always a chance of dying... I knew that! But... I was so focused on fighting that I didn't notice anything else! It didn't matter how tough I was! Look what happened!
[He drops down to his knees.]
- Akihiko: Ahhhhhhhhh...
[He looks back up at the picture.]
- Akihiko: ...Yeah, I know... Crying won't change anything, will it...?
[He stands back up.]
- Akihiko: Alright, Shinji... You watch from there with Miki. I still have things to do, right?
> The resolution in Akihiko's heart has awakened a new Persona...
[Polydeuces appears above Akihiko, and then changes into another Persona.]
> Polydeuces has given rise to Caesar!
Akihiko: I know that much. I can't carry this guilt forever... I'm getting tired of it.
October 20, Natsuki Transfers
[On the rooftop of the school, Fuuka and Natsuki are sitting down]
- Natsuki: You're a weird one, y'know? The biggest bitch in the school is leaving, and you feel sorry for her.
- Fuuka: You're transferring... and you didn't say anything...?
- Natsuki: It's not like telling you would've changed anything. Why make us both depressed?
[Natsuki gets up from bench]
- Natsuki: Anyway, my dad's pretty sick, and they say it'll take some time for him to recover... We don't really have that much money, so we can't afford to stay here.
[Fuuka looks up]
- Natsuki: Y'know, I still think you're crazy for being friends with someone like me... But, like I said before... we're both in the same boat. My parents act like I don't even exist. ...I hate living at home. That's why I was so jealous when you moved into the dorm.
- Fuuka: Natsuki-chan...
- Natsuki: But, Fuuka... You're house is nearby and your parents are pretty normal. So, why'd you move?
- Fuuka: Huh...? Well... um...
- Natsuki: If you don't want to tell me, that's okay. But if it's something that you and your folks can work out, then do it while you have the chance. It'll be a while before my dad's in any condition for us to have a heart-to-heart.
- Fuuka: ......
- Natsuki: Haha, what am I doing? This isn't what I wanted to talk about. Y'know, Fuuka...I used to think that every day was just the same. And I'm only saying this because it's you... But, you don't get any second chances in life. If you accept the way things are, then they'll never change... This is the last time I'll see this view, huh... I won't be in school next week 'cause I'll be packing, so... I guess this is goodbye...
[Alarmed, Fuuka stands up]
- Fuuka: No!!
- Natsuki: Haha. It's okay. Everything will be alright. C'mon, don't give me that look.
- Fuuka: But...
- Natsuki: Hey, I'm not helpless, y'know. I've changed a lot since I met you. I'm gonna try and figure out what I really want now, so, I hope you do the same.
- Fuuka: What I really want...?
[Fuuka's silent, lost in thought.]
- Fuuka: I used to try and please everyone... I was afraid of not being liked, so I did my best to fit in. But, I never really thought about what I wanted.
- Natsuki: Hahaha. That is so like you, Fuuka. Well I say, if they don't accept you for who you are, then screw 'em. But I like you...even if you don't like yourself.
- Fuuka: Natsuki-chan...
- Natsuki: Well... I'd better get going.
[Natsuki walks off. Fuuka is about to run after her, but decides to stop. Her cell phone then goes off]
- Fuuka: Natsuki-chan!
- Text Message>>: "Even if we're apart, we'll still be connected. We can always talk, right? Thanks for everything."
- Fuuka: Natsuki-chan...
[She puts away her cell and looks up at the sky]
- Fuuka: "Even if we're apart, we'll still be connected." [pause] It all makes sense now... I've always been so worried about how others are feeling... That's why my power allows me to stay connected with them... I guess there is something I want after all... It makes me happy to see everyone else happy too. So, I want us all to remain friends. The power to connect people, even when they're apart... My Persona has given me this amazing gift.
> The resolution in Fuuka's heart has awakened a new Persona...
> Lucia has given rise to Juno!
- Yukari: There you are.
[The protagonist, Yukari, Aigis and Junpei come running up to Fuuka.]
- Fuuka: ...Why, did something happen?
- Aigis: It is surprising to find you on the rooftop.
- Junpei: Nah, we were just wondering what you were up to...
- Fuuka: Everything's okay now.
[Everyone is confused.]
- Fuuka: ...I've made up my mind. I'll do as much as I can with my power. ...For my sake, as well as the sake of others.
- Yukari: Okaaayyy...
- Fuuka: *giggle* Sorry, I guess that was sort of random, wasn't it?
- Junpei: Uh, are you sure you're alright?
The Truth about Shadows
[Ryoji and the party members are in the meeting room.]
- Mitsuru: Is everyone present?
- Fuuka: Are you okay, Ryoji-kun?
- Ryoji: Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks. Besides, there's more I have to tell you guys.
- Yukari: Ryoji-kun...
- Mitsuru: Yes, there are many questions we need answered. To begin with, you said Shadows were here to faciliate the rebirth of the maternal being... Please elaborate on this.
- Ryoji: The maternal being is called Nyx.
- Junpei: Who the hell's Nyx...?
- Ryoji: Nyx is the mother of Shadows. In ancient times, she bestowed "Death" to this world. If she is awakened, darkness will once again cover the land, and all life will vanish.
- Akihiko: You mean, everyone will die!?
- Mitsuru: All life will vanish...? Th-Then, that must mean...!
> ...Everyone seems to be coming to the same conclusion. Every human being will become like The Lost... leading to the extinxtion of mankind, and the end of the world.
- Mitsuru: The Fall...
- Yukari: But, it's still possible to keep it from happening, right?
- Ryoji: ......
- Yukari: Wh-What...? There's no way to prevent it...?
- Ryoji: ...I'm sorry...
- Yukari: Wait, what're you apologizing for!? Are you saying it's for certain!?
- Ryoji: Yes... You heard the bell... I'm The Appriser... The Appriser of Death... My existence is the affirmation of the Fall.
> Everyone is at a loss for words... It is inevitable... The entire human race will become members of The Lost. Ryoji's existence confirms the impending extinction of mankind. ......
- Akihiko: When!? When will it happen!?
- Ryoji: I'm afraid you will not live to see spring...
- Junpei: But, that's not too far away!
[Junpei looks around, but no one says anything.]
- Junpei: *laugh* Wh-What're you guys freaking out about? All we have to do it defeat this Nyx! And that won't be a problem cuz we've never lost!
- Ryoji: Defeating Nyx is... impossible. It has nothing to do with strength, ability, or power. Just as all living things die... and the flow of time is continuous... Nyx cannot be defeated.
- Junpei: What...? That's bullshit!
- Ken: This is all so sudden...
> The others are unable to hide their fear...
- Ryoji: I was born from a collection of Shadows. But now, I have a human form... So I can talk with you, laugh with you, cry with you... All gifts I received because I was inside him. So... I can give you a choice.
- Yukari: A choice...?
- Ryoji: Nyx's coming cannot be avoided. But, it is possible to live in peace until she arrives. You'll have to... kill me. If I were to disappear, all memories of the Dark Hour would disappear with me, as would any recollection of the fate that awaits you. You won't remember anything. The coming of the Fall will be instantaneous... and you will not suffer.
- Mitsuru: We'll forget everything?
- Ryoji: You'll be able to return to your normal lives. And in doing so, the time until the Fall will be slightly delayed. In essence, I am the same as Nyx and cannot be killed. But thanks to him, there's a part of me that's "human". So, if death comes from his hands, I think it may be possible.
- Fuuka: Ryoji-kun...
- Ryoji: If you don't kill me, you will suffer more than you could ever imagine. With no hope for salvation, you will live every day paralyzed by the fear of your impending death. And I... I don't want you to have to endure such pain.
- Yukari: ...I don't want my memories to be erased. ...To forget everything would be like hiding from the truth!
- Ryoji: Would that really be such a bad thing? All that awaits you now is despair. You don't know the terror of absolute death...! Please, don't make your decision without at least thinking about what I've said.
- Yukari: ......
- Ken: Why is this happening!?
- Ryoji: You don't have to decide right now. You have until December 31st, New Year's Eve, to think about it. After that, I'll dissolve into the blackness of the Dark Hour and become intangible.
- Junpei: Ryoji...?
- Ryoji: I will disappear with the coming of Nyx anyways... So, don't worry about me. I'll be back on New Year's Eve...
[Ryoji takes one last look around before leaving the room.]
- Junpei: H-Hey, Ryoji, wait!
[The door closes. Junpei starts to go after him.]
- Fuuka: Wait! I can't sense him anymore. Ryoji-kun's no longer here...
- Akihiko: Are you sure?
- Fuuka: Yes...
- Ken: ......
- Yukari: Ryoji-kun...
- Mitsuru: We will see him again, on New Year's Eve.
[The scene fades out.]
> ...... A devastating realization... The world will soon perish... The destiny of mankind is extinction... A difficult decision lies before you... Death is inevitable... The Appriser waits for you. ...... You cannot think clearly. How does a person choose the way he will die?
New Years - 1/1
- Junpei: Oh man... I completely overslept. Why did I stay up all night watching that stupid movie...?
- Junpei: Did you guys see it? It had these giant amazon women running in the jungle...
- Akihiko: Why would I watch that?
Armaggeddon - 1/31
Jin's Last Stand
- Jin: So, you came after all.
- Akihiko: You! Where's your partner?
- Jin: Takaya went on ahead of me. He's destined for greater things. So, it seems like your serious about fighting Nyx.
- Fuuka: How did you know about Nyx?
- Jin: I pieced it together from the information Ikutski left behind. But not all of it made sense...he was a real nut job.
- Yukari: Did you know Ikutski?
- Jin: We were surprised to find out he was your boss. We really only knew his name...he was just one of the researchers who created us.
- Mitsuru: He "created" you?
- Fuuka: Who are you!?
- Jin: Heh...it makes no use in telling you...the end is near.
- Mitsuru: We have no time for this...get out of our way.
- Jin: Can't do that little lady. There's no way you'll be able to stop Nyx, but I can't let you interfere with Takaya's wish.
- Yukari: Do you even understand what you're saying!? If Nyx isn't stopped, all life will be destroyed!
- Jin: Exactly. We won't live much longer, and we want to see the end before we die. That is Takaya's wish, so I'm not backing down. Enough talk, let's do this.
[After the battle...]
- Jin: Ugh...I failed... Ngh...What are you waiting for? Finish me off! I would do anything for Takaya...
- Akihiko: Why are you so loyal to him?
- Jin: Heh...you wouldn't understand. Takaya showed me the light when I was in the darkness...
[Jin sits down.]
- Jin: It was a long time ago. In order to better understand the Dark Hour, Kirijo rounded up kids who were living on the streets, and gave them special powers so they could investigate Tartarus.
- Mitsuru: What!?
- Jin: But when that power doesn't emerge naturally, it's difficult to control. So the kids had to take experimental medications, so their powers wouldn't kill them. Only three kids out of the original hundred survived and after six months, the experiment was cancelled.
- Fuuka: Then, those three were...
- Mitsuru: You all suffered at the hands of Kirijo.
- Jin: Takaya saved me from it all. He said "Don't let the past control you, and don't look to the future. Simply live for the moment." To be honest, I don't even care about Kirijo anymore. But...Takaya's wish...must be...fulfilled!
- Yukari: You...
[Koromaru barks, and the group realizes that Shadows were drawn to the fight.]
- Akihiko: Tch! We were here too long!
- Mitsuru: We're running out of time! We have to go! Now!
- Junpei: But we can't...
- Jin: You idiots! I don't want your pity!
[The SEES members escape, and the Shadows surround Jin.]
- Jin: Heh, I won't let you eat me. I believe in you, Takaya... Fulfill your wish. I will hold onto the freedom you gave me to the very end!
[Jin oulls out a grenade, pulling out the pin. From the stairs, a loud explosion is heard off-screen.]
- Junpei: Hey...was that... Did he...?
- Mitsuru: ...Come on. Let's go.
- Good Ending
- Mitsuru: I remember... Yes... With my father's death, I lost my purpose in life.
- Yukari: Hang on! ..Wasn't I supposed to...?
[everyone starts to get up]
- Junpei: Uh... huh? Akihiko senpai... What's up?!
- Man: Sit down, you two!
- Mitsuru: [continuing] But now... I have something to live for. No longer will I run from the future. I will face it head-on, carrying out my father's will. I'm resolved... and without reservation...
- Junpei: ...The promise!
- Mitsuru: I owe it all to my invaluable friends... and we have promised to never lose hope, no matter what tomorrow may bring!
[Mitsuru leaps off of the stage and lands infront of the group]
- Yukari: Senpai, we made a promise! Let's find him! And Aigis too!
- Mitsuru: Yes, I can hardly wait! Everyone, let's go!
[audience continue to shout and talk as the group run off to the rooftop]