Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (abbreviated as P4) is a Japanese role-playing video game developed and published by Atlus for Sony's PlayStation 2, and chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Persona 4 was released in Japan in July 2008, North America in December 2008, and Europe in March 2009. It features a weather forecast system, with events happening on foggy days, replacing the moon phase system implemented in the previous games.
Instead of the city locales of previous games in the series, Persona 4 takes place in a fictional Japanese countryside and is indirectly related to both Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (in terms of gameplay and production) and Persona 2 (in terms of the "Shadow Selves" and confronting them to awaken their Persona potentials). The player-named main protagonist is a high-school student who moved into the countryside from the city for a year. During his year-long stay, he becomes involved in investigating mysterious murders while harnessing the power of summoning Persona.
[About the previous suspect, Mitsuo Kubo, who is revealed to be a copycat murderer.]
- Naoto: Mitsuo Kubo's only victim was Mr. Morooka. It was a copycat killing that mimicked the true culprit's method.
- Yosuke: No wonder King Moron's murder broke the pattern in so many ways!
- Namatame: But the TV world was completely different from what I imagined... Such an abominable, grotesque place... I knew that the three of you who I "saved" went back to you're normal lives, so...I didn't realize how terrible that world was. I never knew...you could even get out of that place on your own... I thought I was going insane... I probably did. And you know the rest. When I came to, I was lying in a hospital bed.
- Naoto: You really were trying to save people...
- Namatame: But I ended up doing just the opposite... What a fool.