Silver Linings Playbook
Silver Linings Playbook is a 2012 film about a former teacher who, after a stint in a mental institution, moves back in with his parents and tries to reconcile with his ex-wife. Things get more challenging when he meets a mysterious girl with problems of her own.
Pat Solitano 
- Nikki's waiting for me to get in shape and get my life back together. Then we're going to be together.
Tiffany Maxwell 
- Can we get through one fucking conversation without you reminding me that my goddamn husband's dead?
- You might not have experienced the shit that I did — but you loved hearing about it, didn't you? You are afraid to be alive! You're afraid to live! You're a conformist! You're a hypocrite! You're a liar! I opened up to you and you judged me! You're an asshole! You're an asshole!
- I do this! Time after time after time! I do all this shit for other people! And then I wake up and I'm empty! I have nothing!
- Does anyone here happen to know what the Official Motto of the State of New York is on the Official Seal of the State of New York? Huh? Anybody? Do you? Do you know? … Excelsior! … Look it up. Yeah — Excelsior! Not that I give a fuck about football, or about your superstitions — but if it's me reading the signs, I don't send the Eagles guy whose personal motto is Excelsior to a fucking Giants game, especially when he's already in a legal situation.
Pat Sr. 
- [upon arriving at the hotel and seeing the professional dancers on the night of the competition] Holy shit. Is this Dancing with the Stars?
- Pat: You look nice.
- Tiffany: Thank you.
- Pat: Oh, I'm not flirting with you.
- Tiffany: Oh, I didn't think you were.
- Pat: I just see that you made an effort, and I'm gonna be better with my wife. I'm working on that. I wanna acknowledge her beauty. I never used to do that. I do now. Just practicing. How'd Tommy die?
- [Tiffany looks shocked and sad]
- Pat: How old are you?
- Tiffany: Old enough to have a marriage end and not wind up in a mental hospital.
- Tiffany: Hey!
- Pat: What the fuck? I'm married!
- Tiffany: So am I!
- Pat: What the fuck are you doing, your husband's dead!
- Tiffany: Where's your wife?
- Pat: You're crazy!
- Tiffany: I'm not the one who just got out of that hospital in Baltimore.
- Pat: And I'm not the big slut!... I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry.
- Tiffany: I was a big slut, but I'm not any more. There's always going to be a part of me that's sloppy and dirty, but I like that. With all the other parts of myself. Can you say the same about yourself fucker? Can you forgive? Are you any good at that?
- Pat: You have poor social skills. You have a problem.
- Tiffany: I have a problem? You say more inappropriate things than appropriate things. You scare people.
- Pat: I tell the truth — you're mean.
- Pat: Goddamn it, I knew it, it was a test! How did I do? I think I did pretty well.
- Tiffany: Yeah, she said you were cool, basically.
- Pat: Basically? Was I some percentage "not cool"?
- Tiffany: No — she said you were cool, but — you know…
- Pat: No — I don't know.
- Tiffany: Sort of … how you are. It's fine. Relax.
- Pat: What do you mean? How am I? What does that mean?
- Tiffany: Sort of like me.
- Pat: Sort of like YOU? I hope to GOD she didn't tell Nikki that!
- Tiffany: Why?
- Pat: Because! It's just not right, lumping you and I together, its…. I mean it's wrong and Nikki wouldn't like that. Especially after all the shit you just told me.
- Tiffany [with dawning realization]: You think that I'm crazier than you.
- Pat: Well, yes—rrrrr… we're different, I mean.
- Tiffany: [with a look of disgust] Oh my God! Oh… you're killing me. [sighs] You know what? Forget I offered to help you. Forget the ENTIRE FUCKING IDEA. Because that must have been FUCKING CRAZY! Because I'm so much CRAZIER than you!
- Pat: [nervously] : Keep your voice down.
- Tiffany: [raises voice so entire diner hears] I'm just a CRAZY SLUT with a DEAD HUSBAND! Hahaha! FORGET IT!
- Pat: Shut the fuck up.
- Tiffany: FUCK YOU! YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP! [smashes dinnerware off of diner table, and leaves].
- Officer Keogh: Hey, aren't you Tommy's widow?
- Tiffany: Yes, I'm Tommy's crazy whore widow. Minus the whore thing, for the most part.
- Officer Keogh: You're a funny girl. You want to get a drink sometime?
- [Tiffany turns around and walks away in disgust]
- Pat: You shouldn't say that to her. She doesn't do that anymore.
- Officer Keogh: What? What did I say?
- Pat: She doesn't do that anymore.
- Pat: [holding hands, walking into the dance competition] Wait, what's this?
- Tiffany: I thought you were doing it.
- Pat: I thought you were doing it.
- Tiffany: You know, for a while, I thought you were the best thing that ever happened to me. But now I'm starting to think you're the worst.
- Pat: Of course you do. Come on, let's go dance.
- Tiffany: You let me lie to you for a week?
- Pat: I was trying to be romantic.
- Pat: [reading his letter] "The only way to beat my crazy was by doing something even crazier. Thank you. I love you. I knew it from the moment I saw you. I'm sorry it took me so long to catch up." I wrote that a week ago.
- Tiffany: You love me?
- Pat: Yeah.
- Tiffany: Okay.
- [kisses him]
- Bradley Cooper - Patrick "Pat Jr." Solitano
- Jennifer Lawrence - Tiffany Maxwell
- Robert De Niro - Patrizio "Pat Sr." Solitano
- Jacki Weaver - Dolores Solitano.
- Chris Tucker - Danny
- Julia Stiles - Veronica Maxwell
- Anupam Kher - Dr. Patel
- Brea Bee - Nikki
- Shea Whigham - Jake Solitano
- John Ortiz - Ronnie
- Paul Herman - Randy
- Dash Mihok - Officer Keogh