Sinatra (TV miniseries)
- Dolly Sinatra: You take a good look round this country, people are starving Mr Big Shot! Our neighbours and they cant feed the seven kids they've got, never mind a new one on the way. You know most people in this world today, they'll make seventy five dollars a week like you Mr Big Shot! Most people dont make seventy five a month and if they did, they wouldnt quit!
(silence Frank's father walks in)
- Frank Sinatra: Hi pop?
- Marty Sinatra: I don't get it.
- Frank Sinatra: Pop I've learned a lot while I was on the road, but I'm a soloist.
- Marty Sinatra: You couldn't be a soloist in a relief line. You're nothing but a quitter.
- Frank Sinatra: Pop, I'm better than those bums, you dont know, you weren't there.
- Marty Sinatra: Do you know what happens when cocky kids are in the ring, they go down, down!
- Frank Sinatra: My medic guy Hank Sanicola. He's gonna manage me.
- Dolly Sinatra: Your gonna kill us both if you dont straighten out.
- Frank Sinatra: Wait a minute mom, pop's wrong, I'm not going down, I'm going up.
- Frank Sinatra: Hey that's Ava Gardner.
[After Frank has sung that Old Black Magic]
- Ava Gardner: Surprise.
- Frank Sinatra: Where's Howard?
- Ava Gardner: Oh shut up. [While their walking]
- Ava Gardner: Are you showing me off Francis?
- Frank Sinatra: Damn right! give me a kiss.
- Ava Gardner: No, everybody's looking.
- Frank Sinatra: You know why?
- Ava Gardner: No.
- Frank Sinatra: Every cat in here, wants to be me and every chick wants to be you. [Kisses her on the cheek]
- Ava Gardner: Goodbye Francis!
- Frank Sinatra: Ava for god's sake what are you doing?
- Ava Gardner: [shouts] Don't you ever grab me like that again!
- Frank Sinatra: All right I'm sorry. I'm sorry! come on your breaking my heart here.
- Ava Gardner: Go home to your wife and kids. I'm not a home wrecker.
- Frank Sinatra: Your not a home wrecker. It was over before New York.
- Ava Gardner: Oh sure, does she know that?
- Frank Sinatra: I never figured out how to tell her.
- Ava Gardner: Take a lesson from me. Goodbye Francis.
- Frank Sinatra: Ava.
- Ava Gardner: It's never going to work between us.
- Frank Sinatra: You think you sweetheart, wed give you permission to come to Houston with me.
- Bob Weitman: Okay now lets cut through all the crap boys, I'm still nervous about this. Frank, I think your a very talented singer but you got a soft voice. I can't see it coming up the Paramount.
- George Evans: Don't worry about his voice filling up your Theatre Bob. The girls will fill up your Theatre. (laughs)
- Bob Weitman: I can't gamble on that.
- Frank Sinatra: I filled the Masque, I can fill the Paramount.
- Bob Weitman: The Masque is a small Theatre in Newark, we're talking about the Paramount.
- Frank Sinatra: Exactly.
- Philip Casnoff - Frank Sinatra.
- Olympia Dukakis - Dolly Sinatra.
- Joe Santos - Marty Sinatra.
- Rod Steiger - Sam Giancana.
- Marcia Gay Harden - Ava Gardner.
- Gina Gershon - Nancy Barbato Sinatra
- Nina Siemaszko - Mia Farrow.
- Bob Gunton - Tommy Dorsey.
- Robert Levine - Bob Weitman.
- Vincent Guastaferro - Hank Sanicola.
- Adam LaVorgna - Young Frank.
- Joe Grifasi - George Evans.
- The Music was just the Beginning.