Sleepy Hollow (TV series)
Sleepy Hollow (2013–) is an American fantasy mystery drama television series that premiered on Fox on September 16, 2013, airing on Mondays at 9:00 P.M. ET. The series is considered a "modern-day retelling" of the 1820 short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" by Washington Irving.
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Pilot [1.01]
- 1.2 Blood Moon [1.02]
- 1.3 For the Triumph of Evil [1.03]
- 1.4 The Lesser Key of Solomon [1.04]
- 1.5 John Doe [1.05]
- 1.6 The Sin Eater [1.06]
- 1.7 The Midnight Ride [1.07]
- 1.8 Necromancer [1.08]
- 1.9 Santuary [1.09]
- 1.10 The Golem [1.10]
- 1.11 The Vessel [1.11]
- 1.12 The Indispensable Man [1.12]
- 1.13 Bad Blood [1.13]
- 2 Season 2
- 3 Cast
- 4 External links
- Abbie Mills: You know, some people, when they read the paper, they relax. They're off the clock.
- August Corbin: My clock has its own schedule.
- Frank Irving: You said you cut off his head.
- Ichabod Crane: First I shot him. He got back up. Cutting off his head seemed to be the next logical step.
- Abbie Mills: Two hundred and fifty years, huh? Civil War didn't wake you? Noisy neighbors to the south. Did you get up to pee? Don't know about you, but I'm getting up to pee every 75, 80 years.
- Ichabod Crane: Are you quite finished? Because most of what you say is unintelligible gibberish to me. It's like watching a chicken cluck. And when did it become acceptable for ladies to wear trousers?
- Ichabod Crane: That building used to be a livery stables.
- Abbie Mills: Yeah? Well, now it's a Starbucks. Where they make coffee.
- Ichabod Crane: And that building is also a Starbucks?
- Abbie Mills: Yep.
- Ichabod Crane: Well, how many are there?
- Abbie Mills: Per block?
- Ichabod Crane: Is there a law?
- Ichabod Crane: When I beheaded him, that man didn't die. Because he was never a man at all. He is Death itself, Lieutenant. And somehow he has returned to Sleepy Hollow to finish what he started.
Blood Moon [1.02]
- Ichabod Crane: What's insane is a ten-percent levy on baked goods. You do realise the Revolutionary War began on less than two percent—how is the public not flocking to the streets in outrage!? We must do something.
- Ichabod Crane: Then theoretically, you could rekindle the relationship?
- Abbie Mills: I will literally pay you to stop talking.
- Ichabod Crane: I would happily accept because I am in need of currency.
- Abbie Mills: You dropped your gun.
- Ichabod Crane: It was empty.
- Abbie Mills: You only fired one shot.
- Ichabod Crane: There are more?
For the Triumph of Evil [1.03]
- Jenny Mills: Are you Abbie's new boyfriend?
- Ichabod Crane: We are amicable, and yes, I am male, but I suspect you're implying something else.
- Jenny Mills: What's your name, tall, dark, and British?
- Ichabod Crane: My name is Ichabod Crane.
- Jenny Mills: What do your friends call you? "Icky"?
- Ichabod Crane: Not if they wish to remain my friends.
- Ichabod Crane: I was born more than two centuries ago, and my wife is prisoner in some otherworldly realm. I'm no stranger to complications.
The Lesser Key of Solomon [1.04]
- Ichabod Crane: [very calm] Surviving death separated by time tests the bonds of love. The moment I saw her, I knew. The bravest love is born again with each new day. The kind of love that makes the mundane a marvel, that... bewilders with its magnificence. Until Fate's cruel hand intervened, and in a blink of an eye, Katrina was lost to me.
- Yolanda, NorthStar Assistance: [over the car speaker, near tears] I am so, so sorry.
- Ichabod Crane: I offer this tale, no matter how cruelly he may have treated you, to suggest that you do not give up. Nor give in to anything less than certainty in matters of the heart.
- Yolanda, NorthStar Assistance: No one's ever said—said it like that. Thank you.
- Ichabod Crane: It is I who should thank you, kind woman, for unlocking this vehicle from afar. And showing me how the entertainment system operates. Farewell, Yolanda.
- Yolanda, NorthStar Assistance: [in tears now] Thank you for calling NorthStar Assistance.
- Ichabod Crane: An officer of the law with a criminal past. Imagine the delinquency we could perpetrate if we really put our minds to it.
John Doe [1.05]
The Sin Eater [1.06]
- Ichabod Crane: [to Abbie] I've lived on borrowed time; more than any man deserves. I've seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. And through these centuries, against the impossibility that we would find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it.
- Henry Parish: Imagine you had a pair of glasses into their hearts. Seen what they've done. The parts that are locked down so deep, even they're afraid to see. But you see them and you carried them. Until the only person you can't see anymore... is yourself. If I didn't stop, I would have disappeared completely.
The Midnight Ride [1.07]
- Andy Brooks: Rumors of my demise have been… pretty much true.
- Ichabod Crane: We saw you die in that cell.
- Andy Brooks: Yeah. Not my best day.
- Frank Irving: I am running out of rope with which to hang myself.
- Abbie Mills: You wanted proof.
- Frank Irving: Honestly, I wanted it to be a lie.
- Frank Irving: I can hardly believe Jefferson foresaw holding a headless man prisoner.
- Ichabod Crane: He foresaw holding the worst type of demons that may walk the earth. A product, no doubt, of his years trying to reason with the French.
- Abbie Mills: She dumped her fiancé for you. Wow. You got some game.
- Ichabod Crane: I neither wanted nor did I invite "game".
The Golem [1.10]
- Ichabod Crane: [looks at a warped image of himself in a mirror at a fair] What kind of torture is this? Since when did irony become the nation's pastime?
- Henry Parish: It seems we've been relegated to the part of 'gongoozler', you and I.
The Vessel [1.11]
The Indispensable Man [1.12]
- Ichabod Crane: Good day. This is Captain Ichabod Crane, Esquire. If you will be so kind, please leave your name, rank and an address where I may reach you, and I will return this correspondence in a timely manner. And now what do I press? Pound? What's pound?
- Ichabod Crane: [reading text] On my way. Colon, close parentheses. Oh, it's a man's face. I suppose that's… charming.
- Ichabod Crane: I'm not blaming you, Lieutenant. It's these telecommunication companies overwhelming the populace with their ostentatious advertisements. They're coercing the consumer into purchasing countless 'system updates'. It's an abuse of capitalism and certainly not the vision behind our laissez-faire market.
- Ichabod Crane: Remarkable stitching. An old flame of mine was a seamstress. She'd be most impressed.
- Lt. Abbie Mills: Who'd you date? Betsy Ross?
- Ichabod Crane: How did you know that?
- Henry Parish: I can cross 'fighting a demon' from my bucket list.
- Abbie Mills: Nice teeth.
- Ichabod Crane: Gold, ivory and lead. They were the envy of every man in Virginia. I'm not sure how Martha felt about them.
Bad Blood [1.13]
- Abbie Mills: How're you both here? You're dead.
- August Corbin: Dead? Shoot! Why doesn't anyone ever tell me these things?
- Ichabod Crane: Recall, if you will, the words of General Washington.
- Jenny Mills: Which one? Zombie Washington or father of the free world Washington?
- Abbie Mills: You need to have faith.
- Jenny Mills: I have more than faith. I'm a mental patient with a gun.
- Ichabod Crane: I trusted you!
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: You needed faith, my dear Ichabod, and I gave it to you, both of you in your desire to be reunited. And to Abigail, who so desperately needs to believe there's a purpose to her pain. See, faith is a pillar of human nature. The belief that all will end well if we just cling onto it with all our might. And it is what blinds us to what's right in front of us all along.
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: Now you'll know what it is to lose faith. When it's gone, you have nothing. And when you have nothing, there's nothing holding you back from what you're capable of.
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: War isn't coming to Sleepy Hollow. It's been waiting here all along.
This Is War [2.01]
- Ichabod Crane: A surprise party. And why must your era celebrate terror with dessert?
- Abbie Mills: We are talking about Benjamin Franklin? The editor of the Declaration of Independence?
- Ichabod Crane: Blowhard, braggart, blatherskite and gasbag. He had an insatiable need to prove he was the sharpest intellect in the room.
- Abbie Mills: I could see how that would be hard for you.
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: These plants have no idea their sunlight isn't real, yet they bloom, nonetheless. A testament to the fact that anything can be tricked into believing a lie.
- Leena Reyes: We are going to bring some sanity back to this town.
- Abbie Mills: It's nice to know that even a man from the eighteenth century won't ask for help with directions.
- Frank Irving: I used to be just like you. I thought I had it all figured out. But then I came to Sleepy Hollow. And now that I've seen what I've seen, I'm not gonna pretend to be blind again. The end is near.
Root of All Evil [2.03]
- [Two men are seen sitting in a restaurant. One is dressed in a suit and tie, the other dressed casually with a cap on his head. The men are holding hands.]
- Ichabod Crane: Is that considered acceptable now?
- Abbie Mills: Oh! Lots of attitudes have changed since your days. Not everyone's, but Supreme Court has upheld the Constitutional right of same-sex couples, and more and more states are even legalizing gay marriage.
- Ichabod Crane: [with emphasis but not exclamation] I meant gentlemen wearing hats indoors. I know about homosexuals, thank you. I trained under Baron von Steuben. His affections for his own sex were well known. Also, I watched the finale of Glee.
- Abraham Van Brunt/The Headless Horseman: Why are you only telling me now of this current plan?
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: It's not my job to indulge your needs.
- Abraham Van Brunt/The Headless Horseman: Katrina was correct to ask why I am confined here. Yet you come and go freely, plotting our future from the comfort of your family home.
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: If you have grievances with our leader's strategy, by all means, raise them with Moloch.
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: Your son's a lawyer. You must be very proud.
- Ichabod Crane: To begin, let us agree that through neither your fault nor mine, I was not the most involved father.
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: Oh, my. Is this to be an attempt to start over? Are you going to take me down to the fishing hole?
- Ichabod Crane: I'm afraid, sadly, you underestimate the good in people.
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: "Afraid"? You haven't begun to know fear. Or sadness. I'm glad you survived that box I put you in, so that you, too, can witness first hand people's true nature. Well, if you ever need an attorney, look me up. I'm building quite a client list, but I can always make room for family.
- Ichabod Crane: Sheriff Reyes, I have tried to cooperate, but this country was founded by men who fought for nothing if not individual liberty, forged by the blood of men who refused to bow to a tyrant's will, and as I stand in this public house of law and order, built to defend that very liberty, I declare: I'm well within my rights to be here.
- Abraham Van Brunt/The Headless Horseman: Don't bother engaging the Horseman of War. Your son is beyond your reach.
- Katrina Crane: Is he?
- Abraham Van Brunt/The Headless Horseman: What are you playing at now?
- Katrina Crane: Don't you see? He's moved into Frederick's manor, the house he was born in. He could choose any house, and yet he chooses to move back into the house where I gave him life. He wants a connection to me. He is connected to me. He always will be.
Go Where I Send Thee... [2.04]
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: I've never lied to you, Captain.
- Frank Irving: A lie of omission is still a lie. You are the biblical Horseman of War. You didn't think that was relevant?
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: The signs were all there. You chose to look the other way. People usually do when it suits.
- Hessian: Nicholas Hawley?
- Nick Hawley: Only my mother and people with warrants call me that.
The Weeping Lady [2.05]
- Ichabod Crane: Oh, look! She comes bearing a selection of delicacies from the Far East.
- Abbie Mills: Commonly known as Yummy Food Schezuan.
- Abraham Van Brunt/The Headless Horseman: [to Katrina] The coming apocalypse is a certainty. Your only chance of weathering the storm is by my side. I know what you desire. And you know that I want you to make that choice willingly. But I will not wait forever.
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: I relish any chance to cause my parents pain.
- Nick Hawley: It was my first real, live monster.
- Abbie Mills: You deal in supernatural armaments, Hawley.
- Nick Hawley: Do people who sell Christmas trees all believe in Santa Claus?
And the Abyss Gazes Back [2.06]
- Ichabod Crane: To George Washington, Commander of the American Armies, who, like Joshua of old, commanded the sun and moon stand still, and both obeyed.
- Abbie Mills: Namaste. You guys definitely had better toasts.
- Ichabod Crane: Oh, that one was Franklin's. Much as I begrudge his posthumous fame, the man was an unrivaled reveler.
- Frank Irving: I'm not a monster like you.
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: Those who fight monsters should see to it that in the process, they do not become one. When one gazes long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes back, doesn't it, Captain?
- Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane: [to Abbie and Jenny] Violence. Always violence or order with you two.
- Ichabod Crane: You shotten herring! You are a scurvy louse. You are a slop bucket. You are a puss sludge, no good, by-blow pair of buns!
- Abbie Mills: Are you gaming online?
- Ichabod Crane: I'm not entirely sure. One thing I know is that my allies and I had just obliterated the largest horde of rabid zombies I'd ever encountered, and then, suddenly, out of nowhere "ChiefWiggum49" and "Haloismybitch12" decided to frag me.
- Frank Irving: Even God thought the Devil was beautiful before he fell.
- Abbie Mills: [to Katrina] When Crane first fell on that battlefield all those years ago, and all of the voices of Heaven and hell were shouting in your ear, "Let him die," you found another way to save him. We will find another way to save you.
- Henry Parish: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child" King Lear.
- Ichabod Crane: Act one, scene four. Our mutual love of words is no coincidence.
- Henry Parish: Perhaps I should thank you for the twinkle in my eye.
- Henry Parish: I intended to paint my hands with both your blood.
- Ichabod Crane: Then flick your wrist. Make it so.
- Henry Parish: Fate is fickle, Father. Best not to tempt it.
- Ichabod Crane: If you let her die, it will plague you for an eternity.
- Henry Parish: Like the eternity I spent in that box?
- Ichabod Crane: She is not the reason bad things happen. Your mother's love banished her to purgatory.
- Henry Parish: Her love for you. Her decision to save you.
- Ichabod Crane: Then read my sin, see for yourself. Tell me you're unmoved. No. You will not touch me. Because you fear you will witness the depth of my suffering. You are sick with Moloch's evil, but you can fight it. You can spare her Jeremy. You have a choice.
- Henry Parish: Yes, I do. And I choose Moloch. I choose his leadership, and I choose his might. I choose his fire that will burn the world. No matter what you do, no matter where you hide her, your wife will die, and Moloch will be born!
- Tom Mison - Ichabod Crane
- Nicole Beharie - Lt. Grace Abigail "Abbie" Mills
- Orlando Jones - Capt. Frank Irving
- Katia Winter - Katrina Crane
- Lyndie Greenwood - Jennifer "Jenny" Mills
- John Noble - Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane
- John Cho - Det. Andy Brooks
- Nicholas Gonzalez - Det. Luke Morales
- Clancy Brown - Sheriff August Corbin
- Neil Jackson - Abraham Van Brunt/The Headless Horseman
- Matt Barr - Nicholas "Nick" Hawley
- Sakina Jaffrey - Sheriff Leena Reyes.