Something Wicked This Way Comes (film)
- Directed by Jack Clayton. Written by Ray Bradbury and John Mortimer (uncredited), based on Bradbury's novel of the same name.
- Then rang the bells both loud and deep. God is not dead nor doth he sleep.
- [Clenching his fists until his hands bleed] I do want to know the truth, sir. The truth is, you are lying!
- [to Charles Holloway] Your torments call us like dogs in the night. And we do feed, and feed well. To stuff ourselves on other people's torments. And butter our plain bread with delicious pain... Funerals, marriages, lost loves, lonely beds " that is our diet. We suck that misery and find it sweet. We can smell the young ulcerating to be men a thousand miles off. And hear a middle-aged fool like yourself groaning with midnight despairs from halfway round the world.
- [to Will and Jim] Boys, what the hell is going on?
- [to Mrs. Nightshade] For God's sake, go home! The man meeting you here isn't your husband!
- [to Mr. Dark] Where do you come from? The dust. Where do you go to? The grave.
- [to Will, who is crying] Tears, that's what they like! My God, how they like tears! Look, that's no way to save young Jim, Jump around, eh? Whoop and holler,
- Tom Fury: Some folks draw lightning to 'em as a cat sucks in a baby's breath.
- Charles Halloway: A father should be able to play baseball with his son.
- Mrs. Halloway: Baseball's not necessary, not with a heart like yours, he'll forgive you that.
- Will Halloway: If you're a good person, then demons can't harm you, can they? Am I? Am I a good person?
- Charles Halloway: Well, I wouldn't count on your mother's answer right now, but I think you are.
- Charles Halloway: I, uh, have the honor, sir.
- Mr. Dark: And have had for many years, I do believe. All that time spent living only through other men's lives. Dreaming only other men's dreams. What a waste.
- Charles Halloway: Sometimes a man can learn more form other men's dreams than he can from his own. Come visit me, sir, if you wish to improve your education.
- Mr. Dark: I will, and I may improve yours.
- After he fulfills your deepest, lifelong dream...he'll tell you the price you have to pay.
- Don't whisper your dreams, someone may be listening.
- Ray Bradbury's classic tale of shadowy dreams come true
- Something frightening. Something strange. Something different.
- What would you give a man who could make your deepest dreams come true?
- Jason Robards - Charles Halloway
- Jonathan Pryce - Mr. Dark
- Vidal Peterson - Will Halloway
- Shawn Carson - Jim Nightshade
- Ellen Geer - Mrs. Halloway
- Diane Ladd - Mrs. Nightshade
- Royal Dano - Tom Fury
- Pam Grier - the Dust Witch
- Mary Grace Canfield - Miss Foley
- Bruce M. Fischer - Mr. Cooger
- Arthur Hill - The Narrator