Space Jam is a 1996 American family live-action/animated featuring Looney Tunes characters. The film was produced by Ivan Reitman, and directed by Joe Pytka, with Tony Cervone and Bruce W. Smith directing the animation.
A fictional account of Michael Jordan's first retirement from the NBA, the film was released theatrically by Warner Bros. under the Family Entertainment brand label on November 15, 1996. It plays out as an alternate story of Jordan's initial return to basketball, this time with him being inspired by Bugs Bunny and friends. Despite mixed reviews from critics, Space Jam was a box office success, opening at #1 in the US, and grossing over $230 million worldwide.
- Barkley: It was this girl, 5'-nothin'. Blocked my shot!
- Psychiatrist: When did you first start having this dream?
- Barkley: It wasn't a dream! It really happened!
- Bradley: I've got other skills. I could go back and work on the farm.
- Psychiatrist: Really?
- Bradley: Or maybe I could go back to the jungle and be a missionary again.
- Tweety: [as Michael arrives in Looney Tune Land] I thought I taw - I did! I did! I did tee Michael Jordan!
- Daffy: We've got to get a new agent. We're getting thcrewed!
- Daffy: Too bad you can't practithe getting taller, boyth.
- Daffy: Oh, fear clutches my breast!
- [Stan has finished digging up the golf hole that Michael got sucked down, and still no sign of him]
- Stan: This is it! THIS IS IT! I don't know where you are, Michael! But wherever you are, you obviously enjoy bein' there more than spendin' time with me!
- Daffy: You'd better hope thith Jordan character thtill knowth how to play hoopth.
- Bugs: You and me both, brother.
- Daffy: Listen. How's this for a new team name? The Ducks!
- Bugs: Please! What kinda Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?
- Daffy: So sue me! It's just a suggestion.
- Muggsy: What are you saying? That I'm trying to disobey my mama?
- Psychiatrist: I didn't say that. You did, Muggsy.
- Muggsy: But I love my mama.
- Murray: It's 'cause I'm white, isn't it?
- Michael: No. Larry's white. So what?
- Murray: Larry's not white. Larry's clear.
- [as Michael's golf ball rolls toward the hole in an unusual way]
- Murray: It is alive!
[Michael tries to walk on the Tunes gym floor, but his cleats get stuck, and he falls down]
- Michael: Can anyone lend me a pair of sneakers?
- Bugs: Uh, sneakers?
- [he and the other Tunes look down at their feet; no one is wearing sneakers]
- Foghorn Leghorn: Uh...
- Tweety: Sowwy.
- Michael: Someone's gonna have to go to my house and pick up my basketball gear.
- Daffy: To your house? In 3D Land?
- Michael: Yeah, but whatever you do, don't forget my North Carolina shorts.
- Daffy: Your shortth? From college?
- Michael: I wore them under my Chicago Bulls uniform every game.
- Looney Tunes: [grossed out] Eww!
- Michael: Hey! I washed 'em after every game!
- Sylvester: Sure...!
- Michael: I did!
- Daffy: Gross.
- Johnson: I've been MRI'd, EKG'd, X-Rayed, Laser beamed...
- [after cleaning up the gym]
- Taz: Lemony fresh!
- Michael Jordan as himself
- Brandon Hammond as Michael Jordan as a child
- Wayne Knight as Stanley "Stan" Podolak
- Theresa Randle as Juanita Jordan
- Bill Murray as himself
- Larry Bird as himself
- Thom Barry as James R. Jordan, Sr.
- Manner Washington as Jeffrey Jordan
- Eric Gordon as Marcus Jordan
- Penny Bae Bridges as Jasmine Jordan
- Del Harris, NBA coach as himself
- Charles Barkley as himself
- Patrick Ewing as himself
- Shawn Bradley as himself
- Larry Johnson as himself
- Muggsy Bogues as himself
- Billy West provides the voices of:
- Dee Bradley Baker provides the voices of:
- Danny DeVito provides the voice of Mister Swackhammer
- Bob Bergen as provides the voices of:
- Bill Farmer provides the voices of:
- June Foray (the only original Looney Tunes voice actor in the movie) provides the voice of:
- Maurice LaMarche provides the voice of Pepé Le Pew
- Kath Soucie provides the voice of Lola Bunny
- Frank Welker provides the voice for Charles