Speed Racer (2008)
Speed Racer is a 2008 American live action film adaptation of the 1960s Japanese anime series of the same name. The story involves an 18-year old in 2118 who is a natural born racer. When his brother dies he's out to prove that won't happen again.
- Can I come with you Rex?
- But the Mach 5's your car!
- Are you going to the track? Mom said you were, you don't have to drop me off, I can just go with you.
- Hey, you wanna see my car collection?
- He was driving a 68 Fendersend, sweet set of wheels.
- I don't know why I do it anymore.
- Get that weak shit off my track!
- If you know so much why don't you tell me why I should keep racing.
- When I'm driving a T-180 I don't know, everything just makes sense.
Racer X/ Rex Racer
- No way Speed, Pops would kill me.
- Hey Speedy.
- If you say so.
- I'm sorry, that's for you to find out. I just hope that when you do, that I'm there to see it.
- Wa-watch the blind side!
- A CIB man will be posted outside your room. You and Trixie should be very careful.
- What's he doing here?
- Do what he'd do. Break his legs and let him walk back.
- Are you kidding? You don't climb into a T-180 to be a driver; you do it because you're driven.
- It doesn't matter if racing never changes. What matters is if we let racing change us.
- If I did, it's a mistake I'll have live with.
- Stowaway, we weren't sure what to do with him.
- If we drive tommorow, like we drove today WE LOSE!
- Speed, what are you doing?
- Where have you been?