Spider-Man (2002 film)
Spider-Man is a 2002 film based on the eponymous Marvel comic. It stars Toby Macguire and Willem Dafoe and explains the story of Peter Parker's struggle to balance between his normal life and his life as Spider Man. This movie is released theaters May 3, 2002 in United States.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility. This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man.
- (after Norman suggests they be like father and son) I had a father and his name was Ben Parker!
Green Goblin/Norman Osborn
- Sorry I'm late. Work was murder.
- I know this has been a difficult time for you, but I want you to try to enjoy this day. Commencement: the end of one thing, the start of something new.
- Back to formula?!?
- Out, am I?!
- [last words] Peter? Don't tell Harry.
- [after blocking Spiderman's Punch] Impressive!
- [Spraying Spiderman with Knockout Gas] Sleeeeeep!
- Misery, misery, misery, that's what you chosen. I offered you friendship, and you spat in my face.
- We'll meet again, Spider-Man!
- Follow the cold shiver running down your spine.
- Can Spider-Man come out to play?
- [singing] The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout. Down came the Goblin and took the spider out!
- Spider-Man! This is why only fools are heroes - because you never know when some lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice!
- [to his son Harry, about Mary Jane] Harry, please. Look at her. You think a woman like that's sniffing around because she likes your personality? Your mother was beautiful too, they're all beautiful - until they're snarling after your trust fund like a pack of ravening wolves!
- A word to the not-so-wise about your little girlfriend: do what you need to with her, then broom her fast!
- You've spun your last web, Spider-Man. Had you not been so selfish, your little girlfriend's death would have been quick and painless, but now that you've really pissed me off, I'm gonna finish her nice and slow. M.J. and I, we're gonna have a hell of a time!
- Forty thousand years of evolution and we've barely even tapped the vastness of human potential.
- I am going to rectify certain inequities.
- Godspeed, Spider-Man.
- The one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually, they will hate you.
- Harry tells me you're quite the science whiz. You know, I'm something of a scientist myself.
J. Jonah Jameson
- If we can get a picture of Julia Roberts in a thong, we can certainly get a picture of this weirdo! Put it up on the front page: "Cash Money For a Picture of Spider-Man!" He doesn't wanna be famous? Then I'll make him infamous!
- No jobs! Freelance! Best thing in the world for somebody your age. You bring me some more pictures of that newspaper-selling clown, maybe I'll take 'em off your hands. But I never said you have a job! Meat. I'll send you a nice box of Christmas meat, it's the best I can do. Get out of here. Bring me more photos.
- They're crap. Crap, crap, mega crap. I'll give you $200 for all of 'em.
- "Who is Spider-Man?" He's a criminal, that's who he is! A vigilante! A public menace! What's he doing on MY front page?
Mary Jane Watson
- He's saved my life twice and I've never even seen his face.
- Do I get to say thank you this time?
- I better run, tiger.
- They said I needed acting lessons.A soap opera told me.
- [Spiderman regains conscious after being knocked out by the Green Goblin]
- Green Goblin: Wake up, little spider, wake up. No, you're not dead..yet, just paralyzed... temporarly. You're an amazing creature, Spider-Man. You and I are not so different.
- Spider-Man:[Weakly] I'm not like you. You're a murderer.
- Green Goblin: Well. To each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more then a hero...is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually, they will hate you. Why bother?
- Spider-Man: Because, it's right.
- Green Goblin: Here's the real truth. There are eight million people in this city, and those teeming masses exist for the sole purpose, of lifting the few exceptional people onto their shoulders. You and me - we're exceptional. I could squash you like a bug right now. But I'm offering you a choice: join me. Imagine what we could accomplish together, what we could create...or we could destroy, cause the deaths of countless innocents in selfish battle, again and again and again until we're both dead! Is that what you want? [jumps onto his glider] Think about it, hero!
- (A bunch of commuters attack the Goblin to save Spider-Man, Mary Jane and a tram full of kids)
- Commuter: You mess with Spidey you mess with New York!
- Second Commuter: That's right: you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!
- Ring Announcer: What's you're name kid?
- Peter Parker: The human spider.
- Ring Announcer: "The Human Spider?" That's it? That's the best you got?
- Peter Parker: Yeah!
- Ring Announcer: Oh, that sucks!
- Tobey Macguire - Peter Parker/Spider Man
- Willem Dafoe - Norman Osborn/Green Goblin
- Kirsten Dunst - Mary Jane Watson
- James Franco - Harry Osborn
- Cliff Robertson - Ben Parker
- Rosemary Harris - May Parker
- J. K. Simmons - J. Jonah Jameson
- Joe Manganiello - Eugene "Flash" Thompson
- Bill Nunn - Joseph "Robbie" Robertson