Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon
Spyro: Year of the Dragon is a platform game developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation video game console. The game was released in North America on October 23, 2000 and in Europe on November 10, 2000. Year of the Dragon is the third installment in the Spyro series and the last Spyro game to be released for the PlayStation.
- We managed to...capture the eggs, your highness! Every last one!
- So, you're the one in charge of rescuing the eggs, huh? ...hahahaha... How sad! Look here, dragon, if you know what's good for you, you'll turn around and crawl back up that hole you came through! Those eggs belong to us now, and I've hidden them in places you'll never find in a thousand years! Besides, even if you could find an egg, our expertly trained armies will dispose of you and take it back. Do I make myself clear? If I find you here again, I'm going to be very angry! And you won't like me when I'm angry!
- I've warned you already; this place isn't safe for small dragons and... pussycats.
- Try looking after this!
- Okay, dragon. You've managed to survive longer than I expected, but you haven't the slightest idea of what sort of dangers lie ahead of you. I suggest you grab your cat friend and whatever eggs you found and hightail it out of here. I'm telling this for your own good, you know.
- Listen to me, dragon... Spyro... this is serious now. The Sorceress is planning a trap for you and if she catches you... believe me, you don't want to know what she's gonna do. Look, I promise to take good care of the rest of the eggs. I mean it, just take Hunter and go back home before... before... I can't say it, just go!
- Spyro, I know you don't trust me, but I want to help you stop the Sorceress. There's a way to open a hidden portal to her lair but it'll take some very strong magic. If you can find more of the dragon eggs I think my magic will be strong enough to open the portal. I'll come find you when you have enough eggs, okay?
- You did it Spyro! You've found enough of the dragon eggs for me to unlock the portal. Once I've opened it you can confront the Sorceress whenever you're ready. But be careful... she'll be expecting you.
- Hey, you finally made it, Spyro! Hunter was a little worried about you when you went off to fight the Sorceress, but I always knew you'd beat her.
- This place is where the Sorceress kept all her treasure, but after she was defeated, a bunch of thieves came and stole it. If you can catch the thieves, you're more than welcome to keep the treasure.
- Hello, I...thought you might be hungry.
- I'm sorry this happened... I tried to warn you.
- You just don't understand! If we don't bring dragons back to this world soon, all our magic will be lost.
- Yes. This their original home. But a long long time ago the Sorceress banished them to the other side of the world. She didn't realize the dragons were the source of all our magic.
- What?! All this time you only wanted them for their wings!?
- There's no time for that Hunter! We have to stop the Sorceress: she's going to kill all the dragon hatchlings.
- You're in a cage, you furry numbskull! How can I trap you by letting you out?
- I can look after myself.
- Would you like me to show you?
- Huh. I'll deal with you later.
- You said just keeping them in our world was enough! You never said you had to kill them!
- You're terrible! I can't believe I ever listened to you!
- I'm sorry... I can't.
- Uh, thanks.
"Excellent! Maybe you'll amount to something after all. Now, go guard the tunnels. Stop anyone from coming through!"
"Listen carefully, you stupid girl! I'm going to ask you one more time - why haven't you disposed of that infernal dragon?!"
- Where are the eggs?
- The Forgotten Worlds! Spyro, you'll have to go. Nobody else can fit down the holes.
- Find the eggs and bring them back, Spyro. You're our only chance!
"The holes come up on the other side of the Dragon Worlds! We found some of the eggs, but they were too heavy to carry back!"
"The other side of the world?"
"Wahoo! Look out, Hunter! It's a scary sorceress!"
"Thanks! But I guess I'm looking to myself!"
"Hey, take care of that witch school, okay!"
"Yeah! Name's Spyro!"
"Dragons used to live here?"
"How about I'll give you a jumpstart?"
- "It's a sad sight, Sparx. Another noble warrior falls victim to the plague of love. Psh, just look away."
- Upon seeing Hunter and Bianca kissing; game ending scene.
"Yo, Spyro! I just found one of those portal thingamajigs that leads to a different world! But you'll have to glide to get across to it. Press the X button to jump, then press the X button again while you're in the air to glide. Just follow me!"
"To get the best glide, press the X button at the very top of your jump."
"I saw something shiny in that cave over there. Let's go check it out. You can get there by hovering. To hover, press the triangle button at the end of your glide."
"To get the best glide distance, press the X button while walking forward, then press it again at the top of your jump. Finally, press the triangle button just before you get to the landing to hover."
"Oh, I almost forgot! I found this egg."
"There's definitely something shiny at the bottom of this hole. I was about to jump down there, but I think I hear running water, and I hate to get wet. It's a cat thing."
"Say! Is it just me or is she kinda cute when shes angry?"
"Sheesh I can't believe you beat me you must have been all this time looking for eggs hey speaking of which one of those crabs was guarding this one."
"I had to help Spyro rescue the eggs."
"The dragons used to live here?"
"Maybe I could convince the dragons to come back if you let me go."
"Hi Bianca did you bring me any more food? I'm starving."
"I don't know, you sorceress types can be sneaky."
"Wait a minute why should I trust you this could be another trap!?"
"We should help her."
"Yeah but she was aiming at you."
"Hey why'd you have to scare her off?"
"Thanks! Do you have any chips?"
"Spyro! My, my, how funny to see you here. Why I haven't seen you since we defeated Ripto in Avalar. ..hehe.. Well, my business went into a slump after you left, so I came here and struck up a nice deal with the local Sorceress. Lovely woman, she is. Seems to be rather fond of dragons, too."
"I'm getting paid a fortune to keep Sheila the Kangaroo locked up. ..hehe.. The pesky animal must've been causing a lot of trouble to that poor old Sorceress. I suppose I could accidentally let the kangaroo escape, if you were to pay me, say, a small fee?"
"The Sorceress has asked me to guard Sheila the Kangaroo. I suppose if you had a bit more money, I'd be willing to let her escape, then you can keep her for a pet, or something.."
If you choose 'Sure.': "Ah, Spyro, I love your sweet naivete. Your kind-hearted nature might be your downfall someday, but for the time being, it's making me rich."
If you choose 'No thanks.': "Don't worry, Spyro. Sheila won't stay in jail forever. The Sorceress is thinking about having her executed next Thursday."
"Ahh my good friend Spyro the Sorceress caught this naughty bird letting off rockets in her fireworks factory but I'll be willing to release provided you pay his outstanding fines."
"Don't worry Spyro I won't be needing anymore of your money now now don't look so surprised I found one of the dragon eggs and I'm going to sell it for a fortune back in Avalar err uh-oh why are you looking at me like that I err heh heh I've to be going now Toodles."
"...pant pant drat pant...pant double drat pant pant drat drat drat drat drat drat drat oh I never knew dragons were so fast that's it I give up I'm retiring to Spooky Swamp to become a haiku poet."
"Ahh, home at last. Here, I was saving this to make an omelet, but I think you deserve it more."
"Hey, Spyro! They're Rhynocs everywhere! Maybe I can find some peace and quiet at the top of the tower."
"Hi, Spyro. If you bring someone back from each of the 5 worlds, we'll have enough weight to pull down this balloon for you."
"Let's head on over to the balloon!"
"This balloon will take you to a land closer to the Sorceress, Spyro. You can also use it to come back here whenever you want to."
"Thanks for freeing me. Why don't you come visit me in my homeworld."
"Thanks again, Spyro! Now I have to find out what that nasty Sorceress has done to our home while I was locked up."
"I better go check on those billy goats again. Last time I left them alone, they ate all the shingles off the roof."
"I still haven't finished getting all the billy goats home yet."
"I'll be back as soon as I get all 3 billy goats home."
"Whoo! That was fun! I tell you, Spyro, kicking Rhynoc butt just never gets old!"
"Well, I'm off to clean off the mess those Rhynocs left behind."
"Goodbye, Spyro! I'm sure I'll see you around."
"Let's head on over to the balloon!"
"The balloon's all ready, sir! Just jump on!"
Snappy the Seal
"I think something is draining the magic out of the world. They say things have been going downhill ever since the dragons left here a thousand years ago."
- Citizen Horace: These crummy rhynocs forced me to catch the mayor.
- 2nd time: Are you a dragon? A thought you never existed.
- 3rd time: Guide the chicken during when the rhynoc press the square button.
- Citizen Paulus: A rhynoc! Helppppppppppppppppppppppp (crying)
- When there is no rhynoc: Yay, I'm going to The Chicken Birdbath!
- Rhynoc chases the lion: Ahhhhhhh! Another rhynoc! Help!
- When there is no rhynoc: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh here, take this darn egg.
- Mayor Leo: You saved my town from these rhynocs! Here take this egg.
- After the egg: The chicken wasn't in the bowl.
- 2nd time: Go to skate realm, or skate park, press the X button to jump on the ramp, press Triangle to roll in a circle.
- Marco:: Alas, I have lost my love, guarded by evil Rhynocs at the top yonder tower. Can you rescue her for me?
- 2nd time: Go see.................... sniff sniff..................... my love! (crying)
- When seeing Rapunzel: Yay, my love! Take this item.
- Rapunzel: What? Marco sent you here? I got a restraining order against him!
- 2nd time: If you see Marco, please tell him I'm moving.
- Numulus: The rhynocs have shut down our cloud generator, and I'll never see a rainbow again.
- 2nd time: The cloud generator may work if you talk to my buddies, they can guide you to the cloud generator.
- Cirrus: If my wings were big and strong like yours, I could easily glide across here.
- Moneybags: Sorry Spyro, but you can't a switch to operating these bellows, I could sing, but it cannot work.
- When you have enough gems: Thank you, sir.
- Billy the Mountain Goat: Hiya, Sheila! While you were gone, a bunch of rhynocs kicked in into our houses.
- 2nd time: It's great to be home! Here, take this egg.
- Pete the Mountain Goat: You can make it across this one with your double-jump. Press X twice to do the Double-Jump.
- 2nd time: Yay, my home!
- Bobby the Mountain Goat: Hi, you are how, When rhynoc egg, short mushroom in the home when you give me egg.
- 2nd time: Yay, home! Egg, during when the rhynoc smash piece!
- Clay: Rhynocs are running rampant around here, and I can't reach the Tiki Lodge until they do anything about it.
- 2nd time: Well, it's just me and you to get these rhynocs going.
- Rocky: You did it! Here, take this egg.
- Shay: Hmmmmmmmmmm.............
- Mikayla: Those pecky rascals are back, but I'm sure you'll sort them out.
- Sebastien: My friends borrowed their submarine, and then they took it for a joy ride......... and then the rhynocs tested them with their hit, but I'm sure you'll sort them out.
- Sandy: We had a dragon egg for you, but we used it to prove our ultra high-speed tunnel. The good news is..............That it made it to the tunnel without a scratch. The bad news is that's there no way to get it back now.
- The tunnel is chock full of rhynocs and floating mines. The only way to retrieve it back is to defeat every single rhynoc in the tunnel.
- After completion: Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
- Snappy: Here I was, about to take a nice swim at Shell Beach, but my portal dissapeared right in front of me! If you go find some more dragon eggs, the portal might work again.
- When in doubt, 14 eggs out: Yay, my portal is working! I'll see you at the beach!
- Stanley: Helpppppppppppppppppppppppp!
- When saved: Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!