Spyro The Dragon
Spyro the Dragon is a platform game developed by Insomniac Games for the PlayStation. It stars the title character, a young purple dragon named Spyro, and his dragonfly friend, Sparx, and is the first game in the Spyro the Dragon series.
- 1 Opening
- 2 Artisans
- 3 Peace Keepers
- 4 Magic Crafters
- 5 Beast Makers
- 6 Dream Weavers
- 7 Gnasty's World/Gnorc Gnexus
- 8 Closing
- 9 See Also
- (Snipping) (Plane Rearring)
- Sparx: Hey, look! Up in the sky! It's the bird! It's a plane! No, It's Spyro the Dragon!
- (Box Falls)
- (Box Crash)
- Sparx: Spyro? Is that you?
- Spyro: Yeah... You purple putz!
- Sparx: Uh... Who are you?
- Spyro: Oh, Hi Sparx! My name is Spyro! What's your name?
- Sparx: I'm Sparx the Dragonfly! And I lived in the backyard!
- Spyro: Hey, Sparx! Wan'na clean up the backyard?
- Sparx: Oh yes, you may, Spyro! Let's clean it up!
- Spyro: Yeah... Good Clean Fun!
- (Pick up trash) (Clean up the Treehouse) (Sweeping the Backyard)
- (Blink dugs up)
- Blink: Phew... What a Day, Huh?
- Spyro: Uh, Hi Blink!
- Sparx: What's up, Mole?
- Blink: I'm Blink the Mole, and I have a story about the Dragon Realms.
- Spyro and Sparx: Oooo... Dragon Realms!
- Blink: Will you like to hear it, too? Oh, great!
- Blink: Once upon a time... there lived in the Dragon Realms. Some dragons are lived in the Dragon Realms but, there was one brand new dragon in the kingdom. Was name is Jennifer. Jennifer visits the Dragon Worlds. And she said...
- Jennifer: (Whistling) Whoa... What a busy day at the Dragon Realms!
- Blink: But, Jennifer was on their way to visit their new home. But, the cameraman is in your way, and the cameraman said...
- Cameraman: Okay, rolling.
- Jennifer: Astor, Astor! Do you ever know Gnasty Gnorc has peaceful in the Dragon Worlds?
- Astor: Oh! It's been peaceful in the five worlds or is it six....for a dragons age. We now have 12,000 treasure or was it 14,000?
- Jennifer: All systems, Astor!
- Blink: Then, she saw a crystal crown.
- Jennifer: Oooo... That crystal crown is makes me pretty!
- Blink: She put them on, and she become a dragon princess.
- Jennifer: Hey, Look at me! Look at me! I'm a dragon princess!
- Blink: But, the Cameraman has saw Gnasty Gnorc coming from the kingdom. And he said...
- Cameraman: What about this Ga-nasty Ga-norc character? Now, I understand he has found a magic spell to turn gems into warriors for his cause.
- Jennifer: Alban, Alban... There's was Gnasty Gnorc in the Dragon Worlds! What should we do?
- Alban: I'll take that question. Gnasty Gnorc is a simple creature...
- Gnasty Gnorc: Simple?!
- Alban: He has been contained in a remote world and he is no threat to the dragon kingdom.
- Gnasty Gnorc: No threat?!
- Alban: Besides, he is ugly.
- Gnasty Gnorc: UGLY?! That does it!
- Blink: But, Gnasty Gnorc has zaps the dragons and it turned into a crystallized dragons. :[turns the dragons into crystal statues]
- Blink: Suddenly, Gnasty Gnorc had swipes the crystal crown, and Jennifer shouts...
- Jennifer: *surprised* Give it back the crystal crown! It's mine!
- Gnasty Gnorc: No... It's mine! You're too late!
- Blink: Gnasty Gnorc threw the crystal crown out of the Dragon Realms Story. And Gnasty Gnorc said...
- Gnasty Gnorc: You're never find the crystal crown, now!
- Blink: And soon, he left. Jennifer is frowned and she couldn't get the crystal crown back.
- Blink: And that's how Jennifer was getting frowned up! Isn't you, Sparx?
- Sparx: Uh... Yeah! I love that story about a new dragon!
- Spyro: Sparx, look!
- Blink: Uh... What is it?
- Sparx: It's the crystal crown!
- Spyro: Oooo... That crystal crown looks shining!
- Blink: Hey, I have a idea... Maybe should go to the Dragon Realms to bring the crystal crown back to Jennifer.
- Sparx: Yeah...
- Spyro: That's a great idea, Mole!
- Blink: So, let's go the the Dragon Kingdom and bring the crystal crown back to Jennifer.
- Sparx: Oh, yeah!
- Spyro: We can do it, Mole!
- Blink: So, let's get going!
- Spyro and Sparx: Oh, yay!
- [Jumps] [Storybook Glows]
- Blink: Well... Here we are at the Dragon Realms.
- Sparx: And, there's Artisans Homeworld!
- Blink: And we got to help us bring the crystal crown back to her. Come on.
- Sparx and Blink: Yeah...
- Spyro: Looks like I got some things to do!
- Nestor: Thank you for releasing me, Spyro. Free ten dragons in the Artisans world, then find the balloonist. He'll transport you to the next world.
- Spyro: What about Gnasty Gnorc? I'm going after him!
- Nestor: Find dragons first. That's all I can tell you.
- Spyro: Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!
- Delbin: Keep your horns on, Spyro! You have much to learn first! Do you know what the dragonfly following you is doing?
- Spyro: Umm...
- Delbin: His name is Sparx, and he's helping and protecting you. Keep an eye on him, and see what I mean.
- Tomas: Hey, Spyro, press the jump button twice to glide. And, and don't be afraid.
- Spyro: Afraid? Of what?
- Tomas: Falling from high mountain peeks, plummeting into prehistoric glaciers...
- Spyro: [chuckles nervously] Oh...That.
- [Before completing all levels]
- Spyro: Cool flash, do that again!
- Argus: The Artisans boss is through a portal in the dragon's mouth. But you are not yet ready, Spyro. First you must complete one of the other Artisans lands.
- [After completing all levels]
- Spyro: Cool flash, do that again!
- Argus: The Artisans boss is through the portal behind me. You can challenge him now, if you feel you are ready.
- Lindar: When you free a dragon or step on one of their platforms, you're saving your progress. That could be useful if you run into trouble. Not that you ever run into trouble, Spyro.
- Astor: After you freed all the dragons, pass through this fancy vortex, err,thing-a-mah-jigger. It'll take you back to the Artisans home. But first, let me tell ya a story-
- Spyro: N-no thanks, see ya!
- Gavin: Watch the dragonfly, Spyro. His color indicates his power. When he eats butterflies, he stays strong...like me.
- Spyro: Uh...sure.
- Gildas: Spyro, my friend! How about a hint on gliding?
- Spyro: You Bet!
- Gildas: For the longest glide, press the X button at the top of the jump and try pressing the triangle button to drop down in mid flight.
- Alban: Oh, it's you, I wasn't sure if you'd escape those annoying little creatures. Of course they wouldn't bother me, but here's a hint: Metal armor is fireproof, but a charge attack should take care of them.
- Darius: Big enemies like this Gnorc with the club cannot be charged. But a quick flame...that should defeat them.
- Oswin: Psst, Spyro, want to know a secret? Use the triangle-button when you want to zoom in and look around.
- Spyro: Oh, your secret's safe with me.
- Nils: Welcome to Town Square, Spyro. Begin exploring by gliding to that area with the bulls. Use the L2 and R2 buttons to get a good look.
- Devlin: Thanks, Spyro, haha, I had the worst itch on the tip of my wing. Oh, did you know that you get your longest glides by pressing X at the very top of your jump?
- Alvar: Hmph, Spyro, did you see a man dressed in blue running around here? He's a thief! And he's stolen a dragon egg! You've got to track him down, and get that egg! Run! Run! [wheezes] I'm getting a little winded...
- Thor: Thank you for releasing me.
- Nevin: Gnasty Gnorc has put one of his most devious henchman in charge of the Artisans world.
- Spyro: Bring him on! I think I smell a barbecue!
- Nevin: Be careful, Spyro. This boss has many tricks up his sleeve.
- Titan: Welcome to Peace Keepers, Spyro. Look how our treasure's been turned against us. And stolen! Recover our treasure, Spyro.
- Spyro: Collect treasure, got it!
- Magnus: Hi, Spyro! Sparx the Dragonfly has been doing a good job protecting you. Make sure to keep him strong by feeding him lots of butterflies.
- Gunnar: Well done, Spyro. Keep up the good work and I know you'll fulfil your destiny!
- Spyro: Destiny? I just want to kick some-
- Gunnar: Just toast those enemies and collect the treasure!
- Conan: Thank you for releasing me.
- Boris: Dry Canyon rewards good gliders. You are a good glider, eh, Spyro?
- Spyro: I was... born to glide!
- Boris: Hmph.
- Ivor: Is that you, Spyro? Are you the young dragon I've been hearing so much about? Ever since you were a wee puff a' smoke, we've known, ehh...
- Spyro: You've known...?
- Ivor: Ah, I forget.
- Maximos: Incredible glide, Spyro! I thought I'd be stuck in here forever with those ugly vultures standing on my head. Those birds might look tough, but they're pretty tasty. Flame broiled, with a pinch a' salt...
- Spyro: How's a dragon supposed to flame metal armor, anyway?
- Halvor: Remember, Spyro, flame won't harm metal. But charging with you horns, that should do the trick.
- Spyro: Hey, what's on the other side of that river?
- Enzo: Why don't you glide there and find out?
- Marco: You've reached the highest point in Cliff Town. You can get to almost anywhere from here. If I were you, I'd use that whirlwind there.
- Ulric: A word of caution, little one: Wait until you grow big... [coughs] like me... before charging those large enemies.
- Todor: Psst. Spyro. Some big gnorcs up ahead are wearing armor...and in the Ice Caves, armor can make their feet very slippery!
- Spyro: Hmmm...
- Andor: Thank you for releasing me.
- Asher: Thank you for releasing me.
- Ragnar: You've done well, Spyro. Some dragons thought you weren't ready, but I knew they were wrong.
- Spyro: I'm ready, all right! ...Ready for what?
- Trondo: This guy thinks he's so cool! You don't know what it is been like listening to him over and over! But I'll tell ya one thing: He should watch his back!
- Cosmos: Welcome to Magic Crafters. I want you to release the dragons, reclaim our treasure, and recover our eggs from those pesky blue thieves.
- Zantor: When you see arrows like these, you can run along with them to begin a supercharge.
- Spyro: Supercharge? Excellent!
- Zantor: Go ahead, try it.
- Boldar: This portal leads to a special place where you can learn to fly. I remember, when I was a young dragon, earning my wings...
- Spyro: Learn to fly, got it!
- Zane: Spyro, you're not afraid of those big, noisy, gigantic, awful beasts, are you?
- Spyro: Of course not!
- Zane: I didn't think so...
- Eldrid: Thank you for releasing me.
- Zander: Great work, Spyro! If you keep this up, you'll learn all the tricks of the Magic Crafter world.
- Kelvin: Remember that these blue thieves haven't stolen eggs only in the Magic Crafter world.
- Spyro: Don't worry, I'll take care of them!
- Cyrus: Please do something about these green druids, they insist on moving everything in sight!
- Spyro: I hate those bugs! When I become big and strong, like you, I'll squash 'em all!
- Ajax: Until then, remember that supercharge makes you invincible.
- Cedric: Try combining supercharge with jumping and gliding...and really explore the High Caves!
- Jarvis: Welcome to Wizard Peaks. This is my favorite supercharge spot. Use it to bash those wizards!
- Hexus: Thank you for releasing me.
- Ajax: Listen carefully, Spyro. There's a secret area in the Artisan home. It is at the waterfall. Try jumping on the stones there.
- Spyro: Artisan home, waterfall...Sounds good!
- Altair: Thanks for releasing me, Spyro. You have now idea how long I've been trapped in crystal. And...uh...neither do I...Who are you again?
- Spyro: Uhh, I'm outta here!
- Bruno: Gnasty Gnorc has turned our swamp in an electrified junk heap! And it used to be so beautiful...
- Spyro: I'm sure it was.
- Cleetus: Spyro! It's great to see you, but I've got to go!
- Claude: Watch out, Spyro. The Gnorcs in these parts have discovered the power of electricity...And it really stings!
- Cyprin: Good job, Spyro. One day you'll be able to tell all dragons about your amazing adventures.
- Spyro: Sure...but what I'd really like to do is get out of this swamp!
- Rosco: Be on the lookout for attack frogs, they're cold-blooded killers!
- Spyro: Attack...frogs?
- Rosco: And this used to be such a nice swamp!
- Damon: Thanks for releasing me. It seems like I've been trapped in here since I was your age...
- Spyro: Oh no...
- Damon: Why, I remember...
- Spyro: Uh, gotta go!
- Zeke: Thank you for releasing me.
- Bubba: I tell you what to do with those creatures...smash them, Spyro! Stamp them out and squish them and squash them, hahaha...!
- Spyro: Hah, hah. How about...charge them and flame them? We are dragons, after all.
- Lyle: Greetings, Spyro! For an amazing tour of the Tree Tops, don't just stop at one supercharge.
- Spyro: Oh!
- Issak: Spyro, if you jump at the end of a supercharge ramp, you can really go far!
- Spyro: I'm all over it!
- Jed: That was quite a ride, Spyro! You've learned a lot since you were a young glider.
- Spyro: Yeah, well, you could've found an easier spot to get stuck!
- Sadiki: This big robot is all charged up to meet you. Attacking the power poles should disrupt its power supply.
- Lateef: Welcome to Dream Weavers, young one. While chasing Gnasty's minions in this world, you must expect the unexpected, and prepare for what is not there.
- Zikomo: Hello Spyro, nicely done.
- Spyro: I'll be done once I've toasted that Gnasty Gnorc!
- Mazi: The fools you see in this world are invincible. But that does not mean they shouldn't be attacked.
- Spyro: Sounds all right to me!
- Kasiya: The enemies here can often be quite frightening, but you should watch the fools.
- Spyro: I'd rather flame the fools!
- Kasiya: Now you're thinking!
- Azizi: Thank you for releasing me.
- Bakari: You know, I think you just might be the dragon to defeat Gnasty Gnorc!
- Spyro: That's me, all right!
- Apara: Oh thanks, Spyro! I'd love to help you catch Gnasty, but I'd really hate being trapped in crystal again.
- Spyro: Don't worry, the only one who is going to be trapped is him!
- Obasi: Thank you for releasing me.
- Mudada: Fairies are always on your side, Spyro.
- Baruti: Thank you for releasing me.
- Useni: Ah, Spyro, thanks. Supercharge will get you to new places here in Lofty Castle, too. See where it takes you.
- Kosoko: Hey Spyro, all dragons know there's magic in a fairy's kiss. See what it can do to your power of flame.
- Spyro: Hold your horns, here comes Spyro!
- Lutalo: Patience, little one. You'll soon have the opportunity to battle the one who matters most...Gnasty Gnorc!
- Copano: You've become a master of the supercharge. Great work.
- Spyro: Any advice before this...battle?
- Revilo: Advice. hmm... A wise dragon once told me, aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.
- Spyro: Huh?
- Unika: Thank you for releasing me.
Gnasty's World/Gnorc Gnexus
- Spyro: Hey, didn't I already free you?
- Delbin: You're in Gnasty's World now, Spyro, and you are the dragon that must defeat him.
- Spyro: Bring him on! I'm ready!
- Delbin: Reach the exit in each in of Gnasty's lands. Then you can challenge the Gnorc himself.
- [After Gnasty is defeated]
- Spyro: Gnasty's ancient history now! So, what's in there?
- Magnus: I believe this is Gnasty's treasure hoard. But the gate will not open until you have found everything in the dragon kingdom. Come back when you've reached 100%.
- Lateef: Keep up the good work, Spyro. I expect Gnasty's really starting to worry about you.
- Spyro: I'd be shaking in my gnorc boots if I were him.
- Tomas: Wow! I never thought I'd be rescued. Especially by such a little dragon. Uh...wh-what I mean is... I always believed in you, Spyro!
- Spyro: You gotta believe!
- Cosmos: Thank you for releasing me.
- Cleetus: Be on the lookout for gnorc commandos, Spyro.
- Spyro: They better be on the lookout for me.
- Spyro: You're toast, Gnorc!
- Blink: Well done, Jennifer! You did a great job!
- Jennifer: Thanks, Blink! Gnasty Gnorc is defeated!
- Blink: Thanks a lot, Jennifer!
- Sparx: It was nothing!
- Spyro: Sorry, I took so long. I kinda forgot about you.
- Jennifer: Is that the crystal shard necklace, Blink?
- Blink: Oh, Cameraman! Where have you been?
- Sparx: Did you defeat Gnasty Gnorc, Cameraman?
- Cameraman: What about Ga-nasty Ga-norc?
- Blink: Who was a gnorc's name, Spyro?
- Spyro: Gnasty Gnorc? He's toast!
- Sparx: I think Jennifer has an idea! *whispers*
- Jennifer Huh, Sparx!
- Sparx: Yes, Jennifer!
- Jennifer: We like the congratulate for the crystal shard necklace, Sparx! Here you go, Sparx! All Finish!
- Sparx Uh... Thanks, Jennifer!
- Jennifer: You're welcome, Sparx! Well, I'll better get going! Toodle-oo!
- Spyro, Sparx and Blink: Bye, Jennifer!
- Sparx: Uh... Cameraman, we like to introduce a new dragon in order, Spyro the Dragon!
- Spyro: Yeah... Call me, Spyro!
- Cameraman: So, now there's order again in the dragon kingdom?
- Spyro: Well, mostly. I still got some treasure to pick up.
- Sparx: That's right, Spyro!
- Blink: Well, we better get back to Sparx's Backyard.
- Sparx: We can play some games, anytime you want, Cameraman.
- Cameraman: What will you do next?
- Blink: Um... Sparx's Backyard, Come on, guys! Let's go back to the backyard and play some new games.
- Sparx: Great! Spyro, look!
- Spyro: Oooo...
- [Flips] [Zooms to the partol]
- Sparx: Spyro had completely, 14,000 treasures.
- Blink: And clean up the backyard. And...
- Spyro: I'd say the sky's the limit!
- Sparx: The End!
- Cameraman: Spyro the Dragon, you've defeated Gnasty Gnorc, collected the dragon eggs, saved all the dragons, and recovered every bit of treasure in the dragon kingdom. How do you feel?
- Spyro: I feel fired up, Bob! And I'm happy for the dragon worlds, of course. I certainly don't want to spend the rest of my dragon days butting heads with Gnasty Gnorc and his weird minions.
- Cameraman: What's a minion?
- Spyro: Uh, never mind. You know what they say - you need a good battle for every good adversary. And I felt that Gnasty, in spite of his misguided nature, was a worthy opponent. [The dragons turn to crystal] Uh-oh. Here we go again!