Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 TV series)
- For other uses of "Star Wars", see Star Wars.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008–2013) is an American TV series, which aired on Cartoon Network, in which the Grand Army of the Republic, led by Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and other Jedi Knights, fights General Grievous's and Dooku's New Droid Army of the Separatists. The Timeline and conflict is set to be between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith where Darth Sidious still plans to turn Anakin Skywalker into his new Sith Apprentice, Darth Vader.
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Ambush [1.01]
- 1.2 Rising Malevolence [1.02]
- 1.3 Shadow of Malevolence [1.03]
- 1.4 Destroy Malevolence [1.04]
- 1.5 Rookies [1.05]
- 1.6 Downfall of a Droid [1.06]
- 1.7 Duel of the Droids [1.07]
- 1.8 Bombad Jedi [1.08]
- 1.9 Cloak of Darkness [1.09]
- 1.10 Lair of Grievous [1.10]
- 1.11 Dooku Captured [1.11]
- 1.12 The Gungan General [1.12]
- 1.13 Jedi Crash [1.13]
- 1.14 Defenders of Peace [1.14]
- 1.15 Trespass [1.15]
- 1.16 The Hidden Enemy [1.16]
- 1.17 Blue Shadow Virus [1.17]
- 1.18 Mystery of a Thousand Moons [1.18]
- 1.19 Storm Over Ryloth [1.19]
- 1.20 Innocents of Ryloth [1.20]
- 1.21 Liberty of Ryloth [1.21]
- 1.22 Hostage Crisis [1.22]
- 2 Season 2
- 2.1 Holocron Heist [2.01]
- 2.2 Cargo of Doom [2.02]
- 2.3 Children of the Force [2.03]
- 2.4 Senate Spy [2.04]
- 2.5 Landing at Point Rain [2.05]
- 2.6 Weapons Factory [2.06]
- 2.7 Legacy of Terror [2.07]
- 2.8 Brain Invaders [2.08]
- 2.9 Grievous Intrigue [2.09]
- 2.10 The Deserter [2.10]
- 2.11 Lightsaber Lost [2.11]
- 2.12 The Mandalore Plot [2.12]
- 2.13 Voyage of Temptation [2.13]
- 2.14 Duchess of Mandalore [2.14]
- 2.15 Senate Murders [2.15]
- 2.16 Cat and Mouse [2.16]
- 2.17 Bounty Hunters [2.17]
- 2.18 The Zillo Beast [2.18]
- 2.19 The Zillo Beast Strikes Back [2.19]
- 2.20 Death Trap [2.20]
- 2.21 R2 Come Home [2.21]
- 2.22 Lethal Trackdown [2.22]
- 3 Season 3
- 3.1 Clone cadets
- 3.2 ARC Troopers
- 3.3 Supply lines
- 3.4 Sphere of influence
- 3.5 Corruption
- 3.6 The Academy [3.06]
- 3.7 Assassin [3.07]
- 3.8 Evil Plans [3.08]
- 3.9 Hunt for Ziro
- 3.10 Heroes on Both Sides [3.10]
- 3.11 Pursuit of Peace
- 3.12 Nightsisters [3.12]
- 3.13 Monster
- 3.14 Witches of the Mist [3.14]
- 3.15 Overlords [3.15]
- 3.16 Altar of Mortis [3.16]
- 3.17 Ghosts of Mortis [3.17]
- 3.18 The Citadel [3.18]
- 3.19 Counterattack [3.19]
- 3.20 Citadel Rescue [3.20]
- 3.21 Padawan Lost [3.21]
- 3.22 Wookiee Hunt [3.22]
- 4 Season 4
- 4.1 Water War
- 4.2 Gungan Attack
- 4.3 Prisoners
- 4.4 Shadow Warrior
- 4.5 Mercy Mission
- 4.6 Nomad Droids
- 4.7 Darkness on Umbara
- 4.8 The General
- 4.9 Plan of Dissent
- 4.10 Carnage of Krall
- 4.11 Kidnapped
- 4.12 Slaves of the Republic 4.12
- 4.13 Escape from Kadavo [4.13]
- 4.14 A Friend in Need [4.14]
- 4.15 Deception [4.15]
- 4.16 Friends and Enemies [4.16]
- 4.17 The Box [4.17]
- 4.18 Crisis on Naboo [4.18]
- 4.19 Massacre
- 4.20 Bounty
- 4.21 Brothers [4.21]
- 4.22 Revenge [4.22]
- 5 Season 5
- 5.1 Revival
- 5.2 A War on Two Fronts [5.02]
- 5.3 Front Runners [5.03]
- 5.4 The Soft War [5.04]
- 5.5 Tipping Points
- 5.6 The Gathering [5.06]
- 5.7 A Test of Strength [5.07]
- 5.8 Bound for Rescue
- 5.9 A Necessary Bond
- 5.10 Secret Weapons
- 5.11 A Sunny Day in the Void
- 5.12 Missing in Action
- 5.13 Point of No Return
- 5.14 Eminence
- 5.15 Shades of Reason
- 5.16 The Lawless [5.16]
- 5.17 Sabotage [5.17]
- 5.18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much [5.18]
- 5.19 To Catch a Jedi
- 5.20 The Wrong Jedi [5.20]
- 6 Season 6
- 7 Cast and characters
- 8 External links
- Great leaders inspire greatness in others.
- King Katuunko: [About Yoda's supposed surrender and the subsequent battle] That's a lot of smoke for a surrender.
- Ventress: Find Master Yoda.
- Droid: Uh... What does he look like?
- Ventress: He'll be the small, shriveled green one. (Raises her voice and brings out her lightsaber) With the Lightsaber!
- Droid: Small, huh? Don't worry supreme leader. We'll take care of him.
- King Katuunko: You were right, Count Dooku. One Jedi is not worth a hundred battle droids. . . more like a thousand. I'm sorry, but I will be joining the Republic.
- Count Dooku: I urge you to reconsider, Wise King. I promise you won't regret it.
- King Katuunko: Your agent also promised me Yoda would get a fair fight. I will not deal with those who break their words.
- Count Dooku: So be it. Perhaps our negotiations will be more fruitful with your successor. Ventress, kill him!
- Yoda: In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.
- Count Dooku: It was a pity I wasn't there, my old master.
- Yoda: a pity it was, my fallen apprentice.
- Commander 224 Battle droid: Supreme leader, we found the Jedi.
- Asajj Ventress: excellent, where is he?
- Commander 224 Battle droid: He's just sitting here, in front of our tanks.
- Asajj Ventress: Shoot him, shoot him now !
- Commander 224 Battle droid: (to troops) quickly, ready, aim fire! fire!
- Asajj Ventress: (into hologram) report, what's going on down there? 224 come in! (another battle droid shows up on the hologram) Where is 224?
- Battle droid: Destroyed, supreme leader. The Jedi has overrun our position and ah.....(cut down by Yoda).
- King Katuunko: I think all of those stories about the Jedi are true.
- Asajj Ventress: The fight isn't over yet, majesty (presses button to unleash Destroyer droids).
Rising Malevolence [1.02]
- Belief is not a matter of choice, but of conviction.
- Ahsoka Tano: Wait! Just because there hasn't been any survivors before doesn't mean there won't be any this time.
- Palpatine: Boldly spoken for one so young.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: She is learning from Anakin.
- Anakin Skywalker: Excuse my Padawan.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka!
- Ahsoka Tano: If anyone could survive, Master Plo could. I don't understand why--
- Anakin Skywalker: What you don't understand is Jedi protocol or your place, my young Padawan.
- Anakin Skywalker: I'll scout ahead for enemy activity.
- Admiral: Isn't that risky with the mystery weapon out there?
- Anakin Skywalker: It might be, but I know you won't argue my orders. Come on, Snips.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master, I should tell you why I spoke up before.
- Anakin Skywalker: You don't have to explain anything.
- Ahsoka Tano: So it's okay when you don't do what the council says.
- Anakin Skywalker: Doing what the Jedi Council says, that's one thing. How we go about doing it, that's another. That's what I'm trying to teach you, my young Padawan.
- Anakin Skywalker: Lives are in danger, Ahsoka. We can't just turn our backs on them.
- Ahsoka Tano: That's what I said back in the briefing room.
- Anakin Skywalker: I know, but the way you said it was wrong.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, where are you?
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, hello, Master. Uh, we made a quick stop in the Abregado system.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A rescue mission, I suppose. You have other orders.
- Ahsoka Tano: It was my idea, Master Obi-Wan.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Oh, I'm sure.
- Anakin Skywalker: [To Ahsoka] I'm sorry, Ahsoka.
- General Plo Koon: Skywalker, it is time to give our report to the council.
- Anakin Skywalker: [sighs heavily and rolls his eyes] Right, the council report. [begins to walk away with Plo but stops to look back at Ahsoka] Come on, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: [Looks surprised then confused] You want me there? I figured, because of before--
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, through it all, you never gave up. You did a great job but if I'm getting in trouble for this, you're going to share some of the blame too. [laughs] Come on. Let's go.
- Ahsoka Tano: [smiles and follows Anakin] Right behind you, Master.
Shadow of Malevolence [1.03]
- Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.
- Broadside: [Reciting Shadow Squadron's motto] Minimal casualties, maximum effectiveness. That's us.
- Ahsoka Tano: Which one's mine?
- Anakin Skywalker: You're with me. You'll be my gunner. [Ahsoka looks at him in shock] Somebody's got to watch my back.
- Ahsoka Tano:: Broadside could do that. Besides, you have R2. [R2 whistles]
- Anakin Skywalker: But I so enjoy your company, my Padawan.
- Ahsoka Tano: Just admit it, you don't like my flying.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Starts to stutter nervously] No, I-- No, it's not that. It's just, I--
- Ahsoka Tano: [R2 beeping] I know, Artooie. This is gonna be a tough one.
- Anakin Skywalker: Cut the chatter, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: Does anyone care what the Padawan thinks?
- Anakin Skywalker: Of course we care, Snips, but we're still going through that Nebula.
- General Grievous: The care these Jedi show for their troops is a weakness.
Destroy Malevolence [1.04]
- A plan is only as good as those who see it through.
- Anakin Skywalker: Master, everything I know, I learned from you.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Oh, if only that were true.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, you're crazy. Spinning is not flying.
- Anakin Skywalker: But it's a good trick.
- General Grievous: General Kenobi, did you really think I would leave the hyperdrive unguarded?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anything is possible. You haven't exactly impressed me today.
- General Grievous: [Laughs] Kill him.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: [About Anakin Skywalker] He's probably late again.
- The best confidence builder is experience.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: They should have checked in from the Rishi station hours ago. It appears your captain follows orders as well as you do.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hm. Perhaps Cody is boring Rex with standard procedures and protocol.
- Captain Rex: All right, listen up. There's only one target of interest in this sector, Kamino. It's the closest thing we Clones have to a home. Today we fight for more than the Republic. Today we fight for all our brothers back home, understood?
- Captain Rex: The name's Rex, but you can call me captain or sir.
- Fives, Echo, Hevy: Sir, yes, sir!
- Commander Cody: I'm Commander Cody. I'm your new boss.
- Fives: My trooper designation is Clone Trooper 27-5555, sir.
- Hevy: We call him Fives. I'm Hevy. This is Echo.
- Commander Cody: Where's your sergeant in command?
- Echo: Dead, sir. We're all that's left.
- Captain Rex: Looks like we got us a bunch of shinies, Commander.
- Echo: Shinies, sir?
- Captain Rex: That's right. Your armor, it's shiny and new, just like you.
- Hevy: Sir, my squad is ready to take back that station, shiny or not.
- Captain Rex: [while smirking] There's hope for you yet, rookie.
Downfall of a Droid [1.06]
- Trust in your friends, and they'll have reason to trust in you.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I advise retreat.
- Anakin Skywalker: If we run, the Separatists will take control of this sector. I can't let them do that.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: And that is your problem.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master Kenobi is right. We should regroup. We don't stand a chance against--
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: Suicide is not the Jedi way, Master.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: You should listen to your Padawan.
- Anakin Skywalker: As you listened to yours, my old master? No. We are going to stay and fight.
- Anakin Skywalker: R2 didn't make it. We lost him, master.
- Obi Wan Kenobi: Well, droids are a dime a dozen.
- Anakin Skywalker: There's something else. I didn't exactly erase R2's memory.
- Obi Wan Kenobi: What? You mean he still has our attack plans programmed? You need to search and find that droid right away.
- Anakin Skywalker: Yes, master.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Bluffing their way past Gha Nackht] Pookums here really has her heart set on another R2. She lost the last one.
- Ahsoka Tano: Pookums? Oh, brother.
Duel of the Droids [1.07]
- You hold onto friends by keeping your heart a little softer than your head.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I know you're fond of that droid but he's fallen into enemy hands.
- Anakin Skywalker: I could rescue Artoo.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: No, this is not a rescue mission.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master, our orders were to find the Separatist listening post.
- Anakin Skywalker: Perhaps Artoo's at the listening post. Did you consider that?
- Captain Rex: We found the reactor room, sir. The alarm triggered another security door ray shielded.
- Ahsoka Tano: This could take a while to bypass.
- Anakin Skywalker: Good luck with that.
- General Grevious: [About Ahsoka] They sent a child to destroy my station? The Republic must be running out of Jedi!
- [After Anakin finds and rescues R2-D2; R2-D2 chirps beside Anakin]
- Anakin Skywalker: R3? Uh, yeah, I had to get a replacement droid. Look, sorry, Artoo.
- [R2-D2 beeps angrily]
- Anakin Skywalker: It was Obi-Wan's idea. Look, we'll take about this later.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: So let me get this straight, Anakin. You risked the mission, all your men, even your Padawan to save a droid?
- Anakin Skywalker: [After he gets to the hangar and R3-S6 rolls past him] Hey, Stubby, where's Ahsoka?
- Captain Rex: [His group joins Anakin in the hangar without Ahsoka] General Skywalker, explosives are in place, sir. Objective completed.
- Anakin Skywalker: Where's Ahsoka?
- Captain Rex: She engaged General Grievous.
- Anakin Skywalker: Alone?!
- Captain Rex: She distracted him while we completed the mission. It was on her orders, sir. The droid was with her.
- Anakin Skywalker: We've got to find her.
- Anakin Skywalker: [After R3-S6 closes the hangar door on him] What is the matter with you? Are you trying to get us killed?
- Ahsoka Tano: [She joins Anakin's side in battle in the hangar] What did I miss?
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, the usual. It was foolish of you to take on General Grievous by yourself.
- Ahsoka Tano: Well, I was leading the mission and it seemed like a good idea at the time.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: So let me get this straight, Anakin. You risked the mission, all your men, even your Padawan to save a droid?
Bombad Jedi [1.08]
- Heroes are made by the times.
- Padmé Amidala: Go back to the ship and call for help.
- C-3PO: I regret the transmitters on the ship are out of order.
- Padmé Amidala: What?!
- C-3PO: The ship has been destroyed.
- Padmé Amidala: Battle droids?
- C-3PO: No.
- Padmé Amidala: Jar Jar?
- C-3PO: Jar Jar.
- Padmé Amidala: [to Onaconda Farr] There's always a choice! To live in fear is no life at all!
Cloak of Darkness [1.09]
- Ignore your instincts at your peril.
- Nute Gunray: Listen to me! I am a very rich, very powerful individual! Let me go and I can give you money beyond your imagination!
- Commander Gree: That sounds like a really tempting offer. In the meantime, I have a little gift for you! [Slaps handcuffs on him]
- Ahsoka Tano: If it isn't the hairless harpy.
- Asajj Ventress: If it isn't Skywalker's filthy, obnoxious, little pet.
- Ahsoka Tano: How nice of you. Tell you what. I'll give you a merciful death.
- Asajj Ventress: Now you fall, as all Jedi must.
Lair of Grievous [1.10]
- Most powerful is he who controls his own power.
- Fisto: You may have been a proud warrior once, but now you're just a pawn in Dooku's game!
- General Grievous: I wield great power, Jedi fool!
- Kit Fisto: That power will only consume you.
- Mace Windu: What about your former padawan?
- Kit Fisto: His heart was in the right place, but he tried to answer Grievous' power with his own.
- Yoda: To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are.
- General Grievous: [touching controls] Let's see if Gor's finished playing with the Jedi. [screen pops up to see his dead pet] Huh? Where are they? [sorrowfully] Gor? [screams of pain and fury; smashes the controls with his bare fists]
Dooku Captured [1.11]
- The winding path to peace is always a worthy one, regardless of how many turns it takes.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Drops from ceiling behind Obi-Wan and about to attack before realizing it was him] Oh, it's you.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: This is how you thank me for rescuing you? Pounce on me from the ceiling?
- Anakin Skywalker: Kind of difficult without a... [Obi-Wan hands Anakin his lightsaber and Anakin snatches it from him]...lightsaber. Thanks.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: What are you doing?
- Anakin Skywalker: Following him.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Not that way. We need to cut him off.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Jumping down into the chute after Dooku] You cut him off. I'll follow him and meet you at the hangar.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Why do I even try?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Lucky for you, I'm an excellent shot.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Ship spiraling straight down about to crash] Lucky for you, I'm an excellent pilot!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: For all your expertise, this isn't a very smooth landing.
- Anakin Skywalker: And if you'd hit that second fighter, we wouldn't be in this mess. [Crashes ship and the two Jedi get out]
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I've had better landings.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: [After the two Jedi are almost crushed by an avalanche of rocks] Anakin, when I tell you to run, run.
- Anakin Skywalker: Master! You're alive.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: And where's your lightsaber?
- Anakin Skywalker: It got knocked out of my hands.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: By a rock?
- Anakin Skywalker: [Turns back to Obi-Wan and begins searching for his lightsaber] Yeah, by a rock. It's got to be here somewhere.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: That is a feeble excuse.
- Anakin Skywalker: You know what would be helpful? A little light.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Certainly. [Turns on his lightsaber but it sputters and goes out] Silly thing. It was just working a minute ago.
- Anakin Skywalker: You don't suppose it was hit by a rock, do you?
- Anakin Skywalker: [Being chased by a Gundark as Obi-Wan is standing aside and examining his lightsaber] Jump in anytime!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: [Looking curiously at his lightsaber] Oh, you're doing fine. She seems to like you.
- Anakin Skywalker: Lucky me! This isn't as much fun as it looks. I thought Gundarks were only found on Vanqor.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: [Takes apart lightsaber] Then, this system must be Vanqor.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Trips and the Gundark grabs him by the ankle and pulls Anakin towards her as he struggles to get away] So, that would make this one...
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: [Taps lightsaber on a rock as Anakin is held upside down in the air by the Gundark] The mother of all Gundarks. Precisely.
- Anakin Skywalker: Are you gonna help? [Obi-Wan uses the Force to throw a boulder at the Gundark, making her drop Anakin] Well, you took you time. [Both Jedi uses the Force to throw boulders at the Gundark until she is knocked out] It's a pity. I was just starting to senses a connection.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Should I leave you two alone or would you prefer to find a way out of this hole before she wakes up?
- Ahsoka Tano: Looks like I got here just in time.
- Anakin Skywalker: What do you mean, just in time?
- Ahsoka Tano: You were in very big trouble.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Troule? We were simply searching for Count Dooku.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Coughing] Yeah, we had the situation under control, my little Padawan.
- Ahsoka Tano: Mmm, I see. So which part of the situation did you have under control: the blocked entrance, the poison gas or that Gundark behind you?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Oh, you mean that one that's too far away to worry about?
- Anakin Skywalker: How come I'm the one getting caught all the time? It doesn't look good.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: When you're a Jedi Master, you can make the plan.
- Anakin Skywalker: That's just it. How can I become a Jedi Master if I'm always getting caught?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: At least you're a master... at getting caught.
- Count Dooku: [About the Space Pirates] They are devious and deceitful and most importantly, stupid.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: It's a wonder you don't get along with them, Dooku. You have so much in common.
The Gungan General [1.12]
- Fail with honor rather than succeed by fraud.
- Anakin Skywalker: You should be more patient, Master. After all, the Count is an elderly gentleman and doesn't move like he used to.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I suppose you're right.
- Count Dooku: I would kill you both right now if I did not have to drag your bodies.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Jedi! After everything, you're just going to walk away?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: We have no quarrel with you, and we seek no revenge.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Indeed. Very honorable, Master Jedi.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Oh, Captain, you will find that Count Dooku does not share our sense of honor... and he knows where you live.
- Anakin Skywalker: It's bad enough that we have to be in the same cell, but could you at least spare me the sound of your constant chatter?
- Count Dooku: And while I hold my tongue, the two of you will devise a brilliant strategy for getting off this Godforsaken planet?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker: [in unison] Yes.
- Count Dooku: Excellent.
- Anakin Skywalker: [As Count Dooku is using the Force to hover a plate of food with a knife on it to him] Don't you think our priority should be escape first, eat second?
- Count Dooku: [To Obi-Wan] Do control your protégé's insolence so I can concentrate.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin.
- Anakin Skywalker: What?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Control your insolence. The count is concentrating.
- Anakin Skywalker: [After getting recaptured by the pirates when their escape didn't work] What were we thinking? Following a Sith lord.
- Anakin Skywalker: [hanging off the edge of a wall with Obi-Wan and Dooku hanging beneath him] This is not going well.
- Pirate: Don't let them get away!
- Anakin Skywalker: [Dooku's line broke and Obi-Wan hung upside down to grab him, putting more weight on Anakin] What are you guys doing? You're too heavy. I can't. . . do it. Drop Dooku.
- Anakin Skywalker: I think it's time to lose some dead weight. [Steps menacingly towards Count Dooku but Obi-Wan stops him]
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Obi-Wan and Anakin are hanging by their wrists about to be tortured] That can't be right.
- Hondo:: Are you calling me a liar?
- Anakin Skywalker: Uh, isn't that kind of what you do for a living?
- Hondo: You reject my hospitality, refuse to wait in your cell and now you're going to insult me?!
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm just saying.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin.
- Anakin Skywalker: What? He is a pirate.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Yes, but this may not be the best time for you to speak.
- Anakin Skywalker: But you--
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: At all, Anakin.
- Hondo: [After the power went out when he was electrocuting Anakin and Obi-Wan] What happened to the power? I was having fun!
Jedi Crash [1.13]
- Greed and fear of loss are the roots that lead to the tree of evil.
- Aayla Secura: I'm sure you are aware that the Jedi did not initiate the Clone Wars. Our only intention is to end it and restore peace.
- Tee Watt Kaa: What difference does it make who started the war and who only wants to end it? Violence breeds violence. It takes two to fight.
- Aayla Secura: But isn't liberty worth fighting for?
- Tee Watt Kaa: But is it worth killing for? Fighting for something doesn't necessarily mean you have to destroy everything in your path. Only when you lay down your arms and pursue a course of nonviolence can you make this claim to me that the Jedi are peacekeepers.
- Ahsoka Tano: [About Anakin Skywalker] I'm just glad he wasn't awake to see that landing!
- Aayla Secura: He would've been proud.
- Ahsoka Tano: I've certainly perfected the art of demolishing ships and almost getting my master killed.
- Captain Rex: Hey, Kid.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know, I know. I'm hanging on.
- Aayla: General Skywalker's condition may be critical. We must get him on board the Resolute.
- Admiral: Are all Jedi so reckless?
- Aayla: Just the good ones.
- Ahsoka Tano: I should stay. Commander Bly doesn't need my help. Anakin does.
- Aayla: You can help Anakin by getting this ship to safety.
- Ahsoka Tano: Well, we're not going to crash into the star, but we're definitely going to hit that planet.
- Aayla: As a Jedi, it is your duty to do what is best for the group.
- Ahsoka Tano: Be strong, Master. Just a little bit longer. Rex will watch over you.
- Aayla: I can still sense your worry for Anakin, your attachment to him.
- Ahsoka Tano:: It's just--I get confused sometimes. It's forbidden for a Jedi to form attachments yet we're suppose to be compassionate.
- Aayla:: It is nothing to be ashamed of, Ahsoka. I went through the same process when I was your age with my own master.
- Ahsoka Tano:: Really? You?
- Aayla: He was like a father to me. I realized that for the greater good, I had to let him go. Don't lost a thousand lives just to save one.
- Ahsoka Tano: Maybe. But that doesn't mean that I can't try to save his life.
- Anakin Skywalker: [After being surrounded by Lumen] Um. . . Snips?
Defenders of Peace [1.14]
- When surrounded by war, one must eventually choose a side.
- Aayla Secura: [To Ahsoka, about the Lurmen] Don't underestimate their resolve. A strong belief can be more powerful than any army.
- Anakin Skywalker: [To Ahsoka, about the Lurmen] There's a difference between pulling innocents into a war, and leaving them to extinction.
- Ahsoka Tano: I hope you're feeling better, Master, cause look what we found.
- Anakin Skywalker: Heh, I'm getting stronger all the time, Snips. . . [Takes binoculars from Ahsoka and sees enemy base]. . . but I'm not sure I'm ready for that.
- Arrogance diminishes wisdom.
- Chairman Chi Cho: [To Senator Chuchi] Let me tell you something, Senator. I have led our people since before you were born. I've seen a hundred planets rise and fall through force of arms. If it's not the Separatists out there, then it is an aggressive and malevolent enemy nonetheless, and I will not let whoever it is jeopardize the security of the people of Pantora.
- Senator Riyo Chuchi: [To Thi-Sen] To die for one's people is a great sacrifice. To live for one's people, an even greater sacrifice. I choose to live for my people. What do you choose?
- [Thi-Sen raises a spear, and plunges it into the ground]
- C-3PO: He chooses to live as well.
- Senator Riyo Chuchi: We shall leave Orto Plutonia under the watchful eyes of the Talz from this day forth, and recognize your sovereignty as a free and equal people.
The Hidden Enemy [1.16]
- Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to your heart.
- Captain Rex: I bet you sold out your brothers for some real shiny coin, huh?
- Sergeant Slick: Yes, she offered me money. But she offered me something more important, something you wouldn't understand: freedom!
- Anakin Skywalker: You couldn't be a bigger disappointment. How could you do this to your brothers?
- Sergeant Slick: Only a Jedi would ask that. It's the Jedi who keep my brothers enslaved! We do your bidding, we serve at your whim. I just wanted something more.
- Captain Rex: And all you had to do to get it was put the rest of us all at risk.
- Sergeant Slick: I... I love my brothers. You're too blind to see it. But I was striking a blow for all clones!
- Commander Cody: If you loved your brothers, you never would've put them at risk.
- Commander Cody: Sergeant, you said that he could talk to the Jedi when they came back. How did you know they were gone?
- Sergeant Slick: I really wish you hadn't noticed that sir..(attacks Cody and flees).
- Captain Rex: It's Slick? Slick's the traitor?
Blue Shadow Virus [1.17]
- Fear is a disease; hope is its only cure.
- Anakin Skywalker: Where's Senator Amidala?
- Commander: She went to go look for the lab.
- Anakin Skywalker: And you let her go?!
- C-3PO: Senator Padmé can be very hard to stop once she has made up her mind.
- Anakin Skywalker: Good point. I know what you mean.
- Anakin Skywalker: Where are they?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Patience. They'll be here in a moment. You seem a bit on edge.
- Anakin Skywalker: There's a good chance we're about to destroy all life on this planet, including ours, and the senator's. So yes, I'm a little on edge. Why aren't you?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I'm just better at hiding it.
- Dr. Nuvo Vindi: Meanwhile, as we speak, thousands and thousands of so-called 'superior" lifeforms are spreading their disease of war throughout the galaxy! Perhaps they are the ones who should be eradicated?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: [After all the bombs have been activated] Anakin, I'm guessing you didn't capture the doctor.
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm working on it. Do you have the bombs?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I'm working on it. Dr. Vindi has remotely activated the bombs. They're counting down.
- Anakin Skywalker: That's great.
- Anakin Skywalker: Have you seen Padmé?
- Ahsoka Tano: She's right next to me? I'm okay too. Thanks for asking.
Mystery of a Thousand Moons [1.18]
- A single chance is a galaxy of hope.
- Anakin Skywalker: The virus is loose, but Ahsoka has sealed off the entire facility.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Yes, but any remaining droids will try to break out. I'll do what I can to stop them. I cannot let that virus escape.
- Anakin Skywalker: Be careful.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Pulls out lightsaber and holds it up to Vindi's face] Where's the antidote, Vindi?
- Dr. Vindi: [Laughs] You mistake my role, Jedi. My job is to manufacture a plague, not to cure it.
- Anakin Skywalker: We don't have time for games.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Patience, Anakin. There's more than one way to skin a womprat.
- Anakin Skywalker: I said, where?
- Dr. Vindi: Yes, kill me now and spare these old bones the blue shadow dire embrace, because once the first droid breaks out of that laboratory, all of Naboo is doomed.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, the fastest way to save Senator Amidala and Ahsoka is to get Vindi back to the capital and find an actual antidote.
- Anakin Skywalker: Let's go.
- Commander: [Anakin begins to leave] You must move cautiously if you--
- Anakin Skywalker: There's no time for caution. [Obi-Wan stops Anakin] My Padawan is trapped down there and so is Padmé. [Obi-Wan looks at Anakin with concern and Anakin looks away in shame] I mean, Senator Amidala.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Very impressive. You just destroyed seventeen defenseless battle droids without suffering a scratch.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Another battle droid falls apart in front of them] Eighteen, actually.
- Anakin Skywalker: We'll borrow a power converter from Jaybo and reprogram it to feed our--
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Slow down, Anakin.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Stops and turns sharply to Obi-Wan, angry] Slow down. Slow down? You saw them, Master, they're dying!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A great leap forward often requires taking two steps back.
- Anakin Skywalker: And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump.
- Anakin Skywalker: I heard you did well, my padawan.
- Ahsoka Tano: All because of your training.
- Anakin Skywalker: Yeah, I probably deserve most of the credit. [Ahsoka rolls her eyes] But not all of it.
- Ahsoka Tano: It's a good thing you don't mean everything you say.
Storm Over Ryloth [1.19]
- It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.
- Admiral Yularen: [to Anakin about Ahsoka] Did you train her not to follow orders?
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, we are in trouble. I order you back here.
- Ahsoka Tano: All right, all right. Let's go, squad. Pull back to command ship.
- Clone: Why are we retreating?
- Ahsoka Tano: We're not retreating. We're falling orders.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, I am very disappointed in you. You not only disobeyed the admiral, you disobeyed me.
- Ahsoka Tano: I thought I could knock out those battleships so when Master Obi-Wan arrived, he could get through.
- Anakin Skywalker: I know you meant well, Snips but there's a bigger picture that you're not aware of. First rule of war: listen and obey your superiors.
- Ahsoka Tano: But sometimes you get carried away.
- Anakin Skywalker: All that means is that I understand what you're going through.
- Ahsoka Tano: But I failed.
- Anakin Skywalker: It was a trap, Snips, it wasn't your fault.
- Ahsoka Tano: I lost so many of my pilots.
- Anakin Skywalker: Take heart, little one. That's the reality of command.
- Ahsoka Tano: I understand that, Master, but we've lost so many men. Did we get more support?
- Anakin Skywalker: No, we have to make do with the forces we have, and I need to come up with a plan.
- Ahsoka Tano: You don't even have a plan?!
- Anakin Skywalker: Don't worry, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: No, that's what you said last time, and now everyone's gone, my whole squadron.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka!
- Ahsoka Tano: We can't just smash through that blockade.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Anakin's comlink beeps and he answers it without breaking his glare with Ahsoka] Skywalker here.
- Captain Rex: [Over comlink] General, the Defender is contacting us. There seems to be a problem.
- Anakin Skywalker: All right, I'll be right there. [Ends conversation with Rex and focuses his attention back to Ahsoka] Go back to your quarters and cool off. We'll finish this talk later.
- Ahsoka Tano: I can't. If something goes wrong, I can't be responsible for --
- Anakin Skywalker: You are responsible, Ahsoka. These men are depending on you, and this time, so am I.
Innocents of Ryloth [1.20]
- The costs of war can never be truly accounted for.
- TX-20: Their chances of success against us are 742 to one.
- Wat Tambor: You had better be right.
- TX-20: I am a droid, I am always right.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: We need to know what the droids have in store for us. Send your best men to scout ahead.
- Commander Cody: Will do, sir. Boil, Waxer, come with me.
- Waxer: [To Boil] I guess we're the best.
- Boil: Ouch! The little tail-head bit me!
- Waxer: Sir, she kept calling us 'Nera.' What does that mean?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Nera, it means brother.
Liberty of Ryloth [1.21]
- Compromise is a virtue to be cultivated, not a weakness to be despised.
- Battle Droid 1: Look, it's RB-551. No wonder he got blasted. He's one of those older models programmed by a central computer.
- Battle Droid 2: Not like us; we're independent thinkers.
- Battle Droid 1: Roger, roger.
- Battle Droid 2: Roger, roger.
- Battle Droid 1: Roger, roger.
- Cham Syndulla: [To Mace Windu] Another armed occupation is not a free Ryloth. How long before I am fighting you, Master Jedi?
- Wat Tambor: [To Cham Syndulla] What are your terms for surrender?
- Cham Syndulla: They are unconditional.
- Wat Tambor: [pauses in disgust] Agreed.
- Mace Windu: I'll hold them off, get that bridge back up!
- Clone Trooper: Sir, yes sir!
Hostage Crisis [1.22]
- A secret shared is a trust formed.
- Cad Bane: Well, Hutt, it doesn't look like prison had too adverse an effect on you.
- Ziro the Hutt: Oh, you can't imagine the unspeakable things I've suffered! The horror! I doubt I'll ever really recover!
- Cad Bane: Once Ziro has been released and is handed over to me, then your associate will be released, understand?
- Palpatine: Oh, I do. But I feel it is my duty to warn you that you will end up paying for this outrage.
- Cad Bane: I can live with that.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hey, I'm supposed to be on a meditative retreat. We should go away together. I know a place far away from here where no one would recognize us. Yeah, it'll be like we're actually husband and wife instead of senator and Jedi.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: I--I can't, Ani.
- Anakin Skywalker: What do you mean, you can't? Oh, it's only two weeks. We'll be back before anyone even notices we're gone.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: I have to bring this bill before the senate. It's important.
- Anakin Skywalker: Uh-huh. More important than the way you feel about me?
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Not more important, but important. The work I do--the work we both do is in the service of the Republic, to protect those who would otherwise be powerless to protect themselves.
- Anakin Skywalker: Of course. But those are ideals. Isn't our love more important to you?
- Senator Padmé Amidala: But I--
- Anakin Skywalker: No. No, but. To me, there's nothing more important than the way I feel about you. Nothing.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: [Stands up to face Anakin] Anakin, don't be so--
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, you don't believe me.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: I didn't say I--
- Anakin Skywalker: I'll prove it. Just watch. [Pulls out his lightsaber] When I finished constructing my lightsaber, Obi-Wan said to me, "Anakin, this weapon is your life." This weapon is my life.
- Senator Padmé Admidala: No, Anakin, I can't. A Jedi lightsaber is-- [Anakin puts the lightsaber in Padmé's hand] Wow, it's heavier than I thought.
- Anakin Skywalker: It's yours. Believe me now?
- Senator Padmé Amidala: If all you, want to do is make fun of me, I think you should just go.
- Anakin Skywalker: That's not what I want. Not at all.
Holocron Heist [2.01]
- A lesson learned is a lesson earned.
- Ahsoka Tano:[Anakin lands the ship in front of Ahsoka who is fighting an army of droids] What are you doing?!
- Anakin Skywalker: [Runs out into the field and looks up at Ahsoka] Get in the ship! Now!
- Ahsoka Tano: Can't you see that they're retreating?
- Anakin Skywalker: They're about to overrun you, Ahsoka. You just can't see it. Now follow orders and get in the ship!
- Ahsoka Tano: Master, I'm sorry I let you down.
- Anakin: I know. I was a padawan myself not too long ago.
- Mace Windu: Padawan Ahsoka, do you feel Master Kenobi's description of the incident is accurate?
- Ahsoka Tano: Yes, my masters.
- Yoda: More to add, do you?
- Ahsoka Tano: I know I was wrong. I just got so caught up in my own success, I didn't look at the battle as a whole. I wasn't being disobedient. I just. . . forgot.
- Anakin Skywalker: Masters, this incident is my responsibility. Because of Ahsoka's advanced abilities, I forgot how young she is. I gave her more freedom than I should have.
- Mace Windu: That may be, but it doesn't excuse what happened on Felucia. I think she needs some time away from the battlefield.
- Yoda: On archive security, reflect on your actions, you can, Padawan.
- Ahsoka Tano: Guard duty? For how long?
- Mace Windu: Longer now.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: You are putting your troops' lives in danger, young one. You will get on the gunship when we arrive.
- Anakin Skywalker: Where's Ahsoka?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Following your teachings.
- Anakin Skywalker: Is she winning?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: For now.
- Darth Sidious: Sorry for the interruption, Bounty Hunter. I am in need of your services.
- Cad Bane: I'm listening.
- Darth Sidious: I need a Jedi Holocron.
- Cad Bane: To get a Jedi Holocron, I would need to break into the Jedi temple. It's impossible, not to mention dangerous.
- Darth Sidious: Perhaps your reputation has been gravely exaggerated.
- Cad Bane: I want a Rogue class starfighter with hyperdrive capabilities, weapons modifications, the works, oh and triple my usual fee.
- Darth Sidious: Money is of no concern to me. I will even provide you with the means to get into the temple.
Cargo of Doom [2.02]
- Overconfidence is the most dangerous form of carelessness.
- Ahsoka Tano: Enjoy this while you can, slimo! This burning boat is about to finish us both off!
- Cad Bane: Oh, we have time. The bond between a Jedi Master and his apprentice is strong!
- Ahsoka Tano: Which means my master will be coming for me any minute!
- Admiral Yularen: So. . . did you manage to recover the holocron or capture the bounty hunter?
- Anakin Skywalker: Um, no and no.
- Admiral Yularen: I see. So, the mission was your usual version of success, then?
- Anakin: If by success you mean I won, then yes. [Admiral groans in frustration and turns to walk away]
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm sure of it, Admiral. Intercept them before they can jump to hyperspace. I'll ready the troops for boarding.
- Admiral: Boarding? We have no boarding craft. We were prepared to land on the planet, not to board another ship. You can't be serious.
- Anakin Skywalker: I am, Admiral. Thank you for your opinion.
- Anakin Skywalker: We're going to board a Separatist frigate, rescue Master Popal and recover an archive holocron.
- Captain Rex: We have no assault craft, Sir, only a couple of fighters and the Twilight. [Anakin gives Rex a stern look and Rex straightens his posture] Waiting for orders, Sir.
- Ahsoka Tano: And the plan is? [Anakin gives Ahsoka a stern look] Just curious.
- Admiral: There's a power surge heading toward the bridge. If you're there, get out immediately. You must abandon your mission.
- Anakin Skywalker: I don't have the holocron memory, and I seem to have misplaced my Padawan.
- Admiral: Out of all the Jedi, why did I have to end up with Skywalker?
- Battle Droid 1: [As Anakin is walking menacingly towards them] You said we were safe back here.
- Battle Droid 2: [Anakin activates his lightsaber] Come on. There's three of us and only one of him.
- Battle Droid 3: It won't matter.
- Anakin Skywalker: What do you want?
- Cad Bane: This holocron carries information I've been paid to collect. I can't unlock but you can. The last Jedi who had it wouldn't open it. I hope you don't make the same mistake. . . [Anakin exchanges a worried glance with Ahsoka who looks back at him with pleading eyes] . . . We don't have much time. Hurry it up, Jedi, or she dies.
- Ahsoka Tano: No, Master, don't do it.
- Anakin Skywalker: I can't let you die, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master, no!
- Anakin Skywalker: [Drops his lightsaber to the ground] We'll deal with the holocron later.
- Cad Bane: How touching.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master. [Anakin keeps running] Wait. Stop! [Anakin stops and turns to Ahsoka] This is the way to the hangar. We must get off this ship. Now.
- Anakin Skywalker: I can't let Bane get away.
- Ahsoka Tano: Patience! Master. Patience.
- Anakin Skywalker: You're right.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master, I'm sorry I let that mercenary get the upper hand.
- Anakin Skywalker: It wasn't your fault, Ahsoka. It was mine, start to finish.
- Cad Bane: (To Battle Droids) Erase all memory in the databanks so the Jedi won't know of our mission, initiate the self-destruct sequence, and you! I want controls transferred to my wristband. I want everything: doors, gravity generators, everything!
- Battle Droid 1: Yes sir.
- Cad Bane: The rest of you, stay here and defend the bridge! (he leaves through an air duct)
- Battle Droid 1: We're defending the bridge, alone?
- Battle Droid 2: Against the Jedi? I hate this job..
Children of the Force [2.03]
- The first step to correcting a mistake is patience.
- Mace Windu: [To Cad Bane] I think the fear of whoever you work for outweighs your fear of us.
- Darth Sidious: Among the children of the Jedi, there are no innocents.
- Anakin Skywalker: Admiral, lockdown the hyperspace rings! Hurry!
- Admiral: What could possibly have happened since I last spoke with you?
- Mace Windu: The Chancellor wants a report on our progress.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi:Tell him this is not Republic business. It's an internal Jedi affair.
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm to disagree, but as long as the Jedi are acting as a military, we should report to the Chancellor, even on internal matters such as this.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Well, then, I guess you just volunteered to go. Give the Chancellor my regards.
- Anakin SkywalkerNow, wait a minute.
- Mace Windu: I agree. Report back here when you are finished.
- Anakin Skywalker: This could be a trap, Master. You sure you don't need us to go.
- Mace Windu: Of course it's a trap, Skywalker.
Senate Spy [2.04]
- A true heart should never be doubted.
- Anakin: I hitched a ride on a cargo freighter.
- Padmé Amidala: What happened to your military transport?
- Anakin Skywalker: Eh... it blew up.
- Senator Clovis: Wait. Now give me back my disk.
- Anakin Skywalker: Don't worry, Clovis. It's good to know you have a heart. I wish I could give you the disk, but I have a lot faith in your survival skills.
- Anakin Skywalker: Anyway, the freighter captain was bringing a shipment to a restaurant here, and he gave me something to bring home. [Padmé stops walking and looks surprised at Anakin] We just have to-- [Anakin stops walking and turns to Padmé] What?
- Senator Padmé Amidala: You called this home.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, what else would I call it? [Kisses Padmé]
- Senator Padmé Amidala: I've been saving it for a special occasion.
- Anakin Skywalker: An evening alone with you? I can't think of an occasion more special.
- Anakin Skywalker: I have to report to the Jedi council.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Right now?
- Anakin Skywalker: Actually, about seven clicks ago. If I keep delaying, Obi-Wan will send a clone squad to find me. I've been ducking his signals all night.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: [Sighs] I understand.
- Anakin Skywalker: I can sense that you're angry.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Don't think that you can read my mind.
- Anakin Skywalker: Padmé, you shouldn't take this personally. Duty comes first, especially in wartime.
- Anakin Skywalker: Someone does. Just not you.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Why not me?
- Anakin Skywalker: Because it's going to be dangerous. Whoever takes this mission will be putting their life at risk.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: I've been in many tough situations before. It never seemed to bother you. I've never stopped you from facing danger. You're constantly getting shot at.
- Anakin Skywalker: I've been trained for that. It's very different from spying on a traitor.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: You mean I can't handle the mission.
- Anakin Skywalker: I mean, I'm not going to let you do it.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: You're not going to let me? It's not your decision to make. It's mine.
- Anakin Skywalker: Lucky for us, you've already decided to refuse.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Actually, I just changed my mind. You've convinced me that it's vital to learn what Clovis is doing. I accept the mission to spy on him.
- Anakin Skywalker: Even though I'm telling you not to.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Don't take it personally, Anakin. Duty comes first, especially in wartime.
- Anakin Skywalker: Get away from her, if you want to live.
Landing at Point Rain [2.05]
- Believe in yourself or no one else will.
- Anakin: You were supposed to study the holo maps.
- Ahsoka Tano: I did! Remember when I reminded you about the giant wall, and you said "don't worry snips, we won't be anywhere near that."?
- Anakin Skywalker: Great. The one time I actually ask Obi-Wan for help, he's nowhere to be found!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: You're late.
- Anakin Skywalker: Sorry, Master. Ahsoka and I were busy routing the Seppies near Dorin.
- Ahsoka Tano: My squadron alone had fifty-five kills.
- Anakin Skywalker: Yeah, but mine had seventy-six.
- Ahsoka Tano: [Rolls her eyes] Show off.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Well, I'm glad to see you two are enjoying yourselves.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hey, it's just a little friendly competition, Master. Nothing to worry about.
- Commander Cody: No, Sir, I wasn't involved in the first assault on Geonosis.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Well, you didn't miss much. Last time, I was chained to a pole and attacked by several humongous monsters.
- Commander Cody: That sounds. . . entertaining.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: It was. . . for the Geonosians.
- Ahsoka Tano: Well, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into.
- Anakin Skywalker: What? Hey, it's not my fault. You we're supposed to study the holomaps.
- Ahsoka Tano: I did! Remember when I reminded you about the giant wall, and you said, 'Don't worry, Snips, we won't be anywhere near that.'
- Anakin Skywalker: Just get ready to climb.
- Anakin Skywalker: How many droids have you shot down so far?
- Ahsoka Tano: Twenty-five.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ah, you're falling behind.
- Anakin Skywalker: Come on, Rex.
- Ahsoka Tano: Up and away. [Anakin and Ahsoka uses the Force to throw Rex up into the air before jumping off the wall. They land on the ground just in time to use the Force again to slow Rex's fall down. Anakin walks over to him and helps him up.]
- Captain Rex: Next time, just tell me to jump.
- Anakin Skywalker: Now where's the fun in that?
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, what happened to you?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I might ask you the same question.
- Ahsoka Tano: So, Master, what was your total?
- Anakin Skywalker: Not now, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: Come on. Are you afraid you lost this time?
- Anakin Skywalker: Fine. Fifty-five, that's my count and you?
- Ahsoka Tano: Sixty. Looks like I won.
- Anakin Skywalker: Yeah but I called in the air strike. Tie.
- Ahsoka Tano: You're impossible.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I'll never understand how you can simplify these battles into some kind of game.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, take care of yourself. I expect to see both of you back here by the time I've destroyed the main factory.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: We shall do our best.
- Master Mundi: Sixty-five, Skywalker.
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm sorry?
- Master Mundi: My total. Sixty-five. So, what do I win?
- Anakin Skywalker: [Exchange glances with Obi-Wan before looking back at Mundi and bowing in respect] My everlasting respect, Master Mundi.
- Master Mundi: Oh.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: That is a gift Anakin rarely bestows, I assure you.
- Commander Cody: General Kenobi, don't land, the zone is hot!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: But there's nowhere else to go! (his shuttle gets hit) We're hit, we're going down! Brace yourselves!
Weapons Factory [2.06]
- No gift is more precious than trust.
- Barriss Offee: Whatever you're doing, I hope it works because I'd sure rather have died fighting up there than starve to death down here.
- Ahsoka Tano: Don't worry. We'll run out of air long before we starve.
- Barriss Offee: That's a comforting thought.
- Anakin: [After Ahsoka and Barris emerge from the debris] They're alive! I told you we couldn't give up on them!
- Luminara Unduli: It's not that I gave up on them, Skywalker, but when the time comes, I am prepared to let my student go. Can you say the same?
- Ahsoka Tano: This bridge is our first waypoint. Focus your fire on the gun emplacement here and here, because it's only--
- Anakin Skywalker: Because it's only after we neutralize the guns that we can push for the factory.
- Ahsoka Tano: I was--Yes. We can push for the factory. Now expect stiff resistance from--
- Anakin Skywalker: [Interrupts Ahsoka again, stepping in front of her and facing the clones] And don't forget to top off your energy cells and ration packs. Once we leave, there will be no re-supply. Anything else, Ahsoka?
- Ahsoka Tano: No, I think you've pretty much covered everything. . . in my briefing.
- Ahsoka Tano: You know, Master, my briefings might go better if you didn't interrupt me every time I try to--
- Anakin Skywalker: I wasn't interrupting. I was trying to help you.
- Ahsoka Tano: Which I would appreciate if you didn't interrupt me to do it. I just think maybe you don't trust me to give the briefing.
- Anakin Skywalker: It's not about trust. It's about getting the job done right.
- Ahsoka Tano: So, you don't trust me to get the job down right. I knew it!
- Anakin Skywalker: Snips, I never said--
- Ahsoka Tano: No. No, it's okay. I understand. I'm the Padawan, you're the Master.
- Anakin Skywalker: Listen to me.
- Ahsoka Tano: Well, if you don't trust me, then maybe you should send me back.
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, don't tempt me, Snips.
- Barriss Offee: The bugs took the bombs.
- Ahsoka Tano: What are we going to do now?
- Barriss Offee: I don't know what to do without the bombs.
- Ahsoka Tano: Well, this tank could destroy the power generator. . . and probably us along with it.
- Barriss Offee: I guess that's our only choice.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master, can you hear me? Master?
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, set off the bombs! We're trapped!
- Ahsoka Tano: I'm sorry, Master. We can't make it out.
- Anakin Skywalker: Can't make it out? Ahsoka, wait!
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka. Ahsoka, can you hear me? Come in. Master Luminara, don't worry.
- Luminara Unduli: Be at ease, Skywalker.
- Anakin Skywalker: At ease? We need to act now. Ahsoka and Barriss may still be alive down there.
- Luminara Unduli: There's not enough time. I sense them drifting away.
- Anakin Skywalker: No, we'll get them out.
- Anakin Skywalker: We cannot abandon our Padawans.
- Luminara Unduli: You misjudge me. I too care for my apprentice but if their time has come. . .
- Anakin Skywalker: I refuse to let Ahsoka die. She will find a way out.
- Luminara Unduli: If my Padawan has perished, I will mourn her, but I will celebrate her as well through her memory.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, I still plan on celebrating this victory with my Padawan in person.
- Barriss Offee: But if it weren't for Ahsoka, we'd still be down there.
- Luminara Unduli: Indeed. Your master never lost faith in you.
Legacy of Terror [2.07]
- Sometimes, accepting help is harder than offering it.
- Luminara Unduli: Just make sure to leave a bit of strategic planning for me when I come back, Master Kenobi. I'd hate to feel left out.
- Luminara Unduli: I thought I told you not to follow me, Master Kenobi?
- Obi-Wan: Yes well, I took a lesson from Anakin and decided not to follow orders.
- Anakin: Hey!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: It's a sort of mind control, a hive mind. She thinks she can possess us.
- Anakin Skywalker: Great. Find out everything you wanted to know yet?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: No, wait I want to see how it works.
- Anakin Skywalker: I don't think Luminara wants to know how it works.
- Luminara Unduli: No, I don't.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I'm curious. The more we know the better.
- Luminara Unduli: I disagree.
- Anakin Skywalker: So do I.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Come now. The nose or the ear, which do you think it will enter?
- Anakin Skywalker: [Sighs] I think the nose.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: The air is warmer here. We must be getting close.
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, forget the heat. [Coughs] It smells down here.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Keep your voice down.
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm just saying. This planet is rotten from the inside out.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Must you always rush into things.
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, no, you don't actually want to talk to it, do you?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Matter of fact, I do. Anakin, don't you wonder why they took Luminara captive? Why not just kill her?
- Anakin Skywalker: She's leverage. She's a hostage.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Leverage for what? No, there's something else going on here, and these zombies are connected to it.
- Anakin Skywalker: Fine, we'll try it your way.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: So glad you agree.
- Anakin Skywalker: How did you know they wouldn't just attack us?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Because I make observations while you think with your lightsaber.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, that quick thinking of mine is usually needed when your observations get us into trouble.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, the queen took Luminara hostage. She wanted a Jedi. Now she has two more. I want to know what she's after.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, when this plan doesn't go as planned, which it won't, I'll be ready.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: That is so reassuring.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: What are you doing? I was going to study that.
- Anakin Skywalker: Study the bottom of my boot.
Brain Invaders [2.08]
- Attachment is not compassion.
- Ahsoka Tano: [about Anakin] You might find some of his thoughts on the future... a bit radical.
- Anakin: [about Ahsoka] She would have checked in.
- Obi-Wan: Like you always do?
- Anakin Skywalker: Good point.
- Obi-Wan: Sometimes I don't think you realize how alike you two have become.
- Anakin Skywalker: I don't like it. Something's up.
- Luminara Unduli: It is certainly most unlike either Padawan to lose contact.
- Anakin Skywalker: They're in trouble.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, have faith in your Padawan.
- Anakin Skywalker: She would have checked in.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Like you always do?
- Anakin Skywalker: Good point.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Sometimes I don't think you realize how alike you two have become.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master, on the ship, Barriss was gone, and she wanted me to kill her. She told me--
- Anakin Skywalker: But you couldn't do it.
- Ahsoka Tano: No. No, I couldn't. But should I have? I mean, it worked out now, but if we had failed, and the ship docked and the worms spread, and. . .
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, it's your duty to save as many lives as you can. Barriss knew you could save thousands if the worms were destroyed which she thought meant destroying her too. But you did the right thing. You knew the freezing cold would kill the worms. Letting go of our attachments is a difficult struggle for all of us. You followed your instincts. I'm sure she would agree that you made the right choice.
Grievous Intrigue [2.09]
- For everything you gain, you lose something else.
- Eath Koth: [to General Grievous] Your reputation precedes you, General. The reputation of a coward, and a murderer.
- General Grievous: Murder?! Is it murder to rid the galaxy of you Jedi filth?!
- General Grievous: Listen to me, Jedi. I do not care about your politics. I do not care about your Republic. I only live to see you DIE!
- General Grievous: Your plans have come to ruination Jedi!
- Obi-Wan: [to General Grievous] I hear a lot of talking, General, but in the final accounting, what does all the talk get you? A futile quest for power, a mutilated body - and your place as Dooku's errand boy!
- General Grievous: I'm no errand boy. And I'm not in this war for Dooku's politics. I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: An army with no loyalty, no spirit, just programming! What have you to show for all your power? What have you to gain?
- General Grievous: The future. A future where there are no Jedi! The story of Obi-Wan Kenobi ends here!
- Adi Gallia: How close are you going to jump in next to Grievous' ship?
- Anakin Skywalker: Hmm. Pretty close. Buckle up, boys.
- Adi Gallia: Define pretty close.
- Anakin Skywalker: Close enough to get the job done.
- Anakin Skywalker: So was that close enough for you?
- Adi Gallia: Any closer, and we'd be flying down hallways.
- Anakin Skywalker: Eh, next time.
The Deserter [2.10]
- It is the quest for honor that makes one honorable.
- Cut Lawquane: I like to think I'm merely exercising my freedom to choose: to choose not to kill for a living.
- Captain Rex: That is not your choice to make. You swore an oath to the Republic. You have a duty.
- Cut Lawquane: I have a duty. You're right. But to my family. Does that count, or do you still plan to turn me in?
- Captain Rex: Do I have a choice?
- Captain Rex: I'm part of the most pivotal moment in the history of the Republic. If we fall then our children and their children could be forced to live under an evil I can't well imagine.
- Obi-Wan: [points to shuttle] Concentrate your fire on that shuttle!
- Battle Droid: Hey, they're shooting at us! Coming back around.
- Clone: The guns are overheated!
- Obi-Wan: [shakes head] Always something... Jesse, Cody, cover me! [jumps toward Grievous]
[Grievous escapes on his ship]
- Commander Cody: [to Obi-Wan] Sir, are you all right?
- Obi-Wan: No! We're right back where we started! Call the cruisers and see if they can catch that ship.
- Commander Cody: Yes, Sir!
- Obi-Wan: And tell them to send someone to pick us up....
- Suu Lawquane: Captain, are you going to turn in my husband?
- Captain Rex: Sorry, Suu. It's my duty...[sad faces of Lawquane family] But, in my condition, I probably won't remember any of this.
- Suu Lawquane: Thank you!
Lightsaber Lost [2.11]
- Easy isn't always simple.
- Ahsoka Tano: A thief stole my lightsaber, and I only got a quick look at him. I could tell he definitely came from one of the aquatic planets. You know, one of the water worlds?
- Tera Sinube: So you're saying there was something fishy about him?
- Chancellor Palpatine: I have no doubt the Jedi are doing their very best to ensure the safety of every citizen in the Republic. The accusations that the Jedi created the Clone War to give themselves more power over the government is absurd, and I will not stand for it.
The Mandalore Plot [2.12]
- If you ignore the past, you jeopardize the future.
- Obi-Wan: After all these years, you're even more beautiful than ever.
- Duchess Satine: Kind words for a man who accuses me of treachery.
- Duchess Satine: For a man sworn to peace, you take an unseemly pleasure in the injuries of others.
- Obi-Wan: For a woman sworn to non-violence, you don't seem troubled that I could have been killed.
- Duchess Satine: But you weren't. And yet I still haven't heard any thanks.
- Obi-Wan: Well, you certainly haven't changed much.
- Pre Vizsla: For generations, my ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Now, that woman (Duchess Satine) tarnishes the very name "Mandalorian."
Voyage of Temptation [2.13]
- Fear not for the future, weep not for the past.
- Duchess Satine: War is intolerable. We have been deceived into thinking that we must be a part of it. I say the moment we committed to fighting, we already lost.
- Duchess Satine: Senators, I presume you are acquainted with the collection of half-truths and hyperbole known as Obi-Wan Kenobi?
- Duchess Satine: [starts down a set of stairs toward Obi-Wan] Even extremists can be reasoned with!
- Obi-Wan: Perhaps if one can be heard over the clanking of their battle droids!
- Duches Satine: The sarcasm of a soldier! [comes to stand in front of Obi-Wan, glaring]
- Obi-Wan: The delusions of a dreamer! [the pair glare at each other]
- Tal Merrik: Duchess, Master Jedi-it's been a long trip. I think we can all do with a bit of rest and refreshments.
- Orn Free Taa:Here, here. Now, let us put aside politics until after dinner.
- Obi-Wan and Duchess Satine [both look at Orn Free Taa] FINE! [Satine storms around Obi-Wan]
- Anakin Skywalker: This may not be the time to ask...but were you and Satine ever— [cut off by Obi-Wan]
- Obi-Wan: [angrily] I don't see how that has any bearing on the situation at hand!
[Anakin and Obi-Wan just stepped out of lift]
- Anakin: I'll take care of this, Obi-Wan. You—go find your girlfriend! [he runs away]
- Obi-Wan: Right. [looks back, calls after Anakin] Ah, No, Anakin! She's not my — [cut himself off, turning to run off in exasperation in opposite direction]
- Tal Merrik: Time to say good-bye!
- Duchess Satine: Obi, it looks like I may never see you again. I don't know quite how to say this but, I've loved you ever since you came to my aid, all those years ago!
- Tal Merrik: [in disgust] I don't believe this....
- Obi-Wan: Satine, this is hardly the time or place for — [looks at Satine's face] — all right... Had you said the word, I would have left the Jedi Order.
- Tal Merrik: [Sarcastically] That is touching! Truly it is. But it's making me sick! And we really must be going!
- Duchess Satine: [scoffs] You have the romantic soul of a slug, Merrik! [stomps on his foot and gets away, holding gun on Merrik] And slugs are so often trod upon!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Republic military presence is the only sure defense against the Separatists.
- Duchess Satine: Even extremists can be reasoned with.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Perhaps, if one cane be heard over the clanking of their battle droids.
- Duchess Satine: The sarcasm of a solider.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: The delusion of a dreamer.
- Anakin Skywalker: All right, men. What's the problem? I'm missing dinner.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Just like that swarm of venom-mites on Draboon, remember?
- Duchess Satine: How could I forget? I still have the scar.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Begging your pardon, Duchess. I distinctly remember carrying you to safety.
- Duchess Satine: I meant, the scar I got after you fell and dropped me.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Oh. Yes.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, Tal Merrik is the traitor, and he's taken Satine hostage.
- Anakin Skywalker: Copy that, but I got problems of my own right now.
- Tal Merrik: Who will strike the first and brand themselves a cold-blooded killer? [Anakin comes up behind him and stabs him in the chest with his lightsaber, catching the detonator before it hit the ground as Tal drops to the floor.]
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin. . .
- Anakin Skywalker: What? He was going to blow up the ship.
- Duchess Satine: And yet. . .
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: What?
- Duchess Satine: I'm still not sure about the beard.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Why? What's wrong with it?
- Duchess Satine: It hides too much of your handsome face.
Duchess of Mandalore [2.14]
- In war, truth is the first casualty.
- Duchess Satine: If the Republic gets involved in our affairs, it will only lead to further violence. Thus I shall reassert our position of neutrality.
- Mas Amedda: Talk of an idealist!
- Duchess Satine: No, those are the words of a pacifist, and a people who have chosen non-violent action.
- Duchess Satine: [to Obi-Wan] Ironic words from a man who spends his days running hither and yon, wielding his light saber with deadly force as if on a crusade! Why would I listen to someone who so frequently relies on violence?
Senate Murders [2.15]
- Searching for the truth is easy. Accepting the truth is hard.
- Lt. Tan Divo: Politicians always have something to hide, and it always comes back to haunt them, am I right? Oh, look who I'm asking. Room full of politicians.
- Chancellor Palpatine: How can we justify fortifying our security here in the Senate if we don't also provide reinforcements on the front lines? You see, the victory of the clone army, for now, is the only thing that can lead us to peace.
Cat and Mouse [2.16]
- A wise leader knows when to follow.
- Admiral Trench: Fire all forward cannons. Cut off those Republic Supply Ships, separate them from their escort cruisers. I smell fear... and it smells good.
- Commander Cody: Looks like General Skywalker's already engaged the enemy.
- Obi-Wan: That's nothing out of the ordinary, especially since I gave him a direct order not to.
- Anakin: Oh, what, I'm still the delivery boy!?
- Commander Cody: Looks like General Skywalker's already engaged the enemy.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: That's nothing out of the ordinary, especially since I gave him a direct order not to.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, here I am. Tell me about this new weapon.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: You're looking at it.
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm looking at what?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Two steps forward, and you'd actually be kissing it.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hello, Ugly.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Might I remind you that this was not your mission?
- Anakin Skywalker: You might.
Bounty Hunters [2.17]
- Courage makes heroes, but trust builds friendship.
- Anakin: Why do you even ask for my opinion? We never do things my way.
- Obi-Wan: We crashed the ship your way.
- Hondo Ohnaka: You know what I always say... speak softly, and drive a big tank.
- Hondo Ohnaka: [Shouting] This effort is no longer profitable!
- Anakin Skywalker: You thinking what I'm thinking?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Almost certainly not.
- Ahsoka Tano: How come every time you fly, we crash?
- Anakin Skywalker: It's not my fault. It's the ship.
- Ahsoka Tano: He always. . . blames. . . the ship.
- Ahsoka Tano: Oh. I don't like the sound of that.
- Anakin Skywalker: And I don't like the look of that.
- Anakin Skywalker: You always taught me to go on instinct and my instincts tell me to go that way.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: No, that-- that doesn't seem right. I think we should go this way.
- Anakin Skywalker: Why do you even ask for my opinion? You never do things my way.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: We crashed the ship your way.
- Anakin Skywalker: Very funny. I see your sense of humor survived the landing.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: It's about the only thing.
- Anakin Skywalker: Take it easy, Snips. We don't want any trouble. [Bounty hunter 1 speaks alien language] It's not always about the numbers.
- Bounty Hunter 2: Four on one is hardly a fair fight. Even for a Jedi.
- Ahsoka Tano: Wait a minute, four on one? You mean, four on two.
- Bounty Hunter 3: We don't count you, Knee-high.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Do you count me?
The Zillo Beast [2.18]
- Choose what is right, not what is easy.
- Dr. Boll: We have accounted for every probable outcome.
- Mace Windu: It's the improbable that concerns me, Doctor.
- Mace Windu: One problem always seems to replace another.
- Anakin Skywalker: Don't worry about me. I'm alright.
- Mace Windu: Where's your starfighter?
- Anakin Skywalker: That thing ate it.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hey, it worked.
- Mace Windu: Are you sure?
- Anakin Skywalker: Yes, I'm sure. You go first.
The Zillo Beast Strikes Back [2.19]
- The most dangerous beast is the beast within.
- Chancellor Palpatine: [to Senator Amidala] I sympathize my dear, truly I do. But consider this: a democracy is only as strong as the people who comprise it.
- Obi-Wan: Looks like one of Anakin's improvised plans.
- Mace Windu: How can it be a plan if its improvised?
- Anakin Skywalker: I've got an idea, but it's risky.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Considering the circumstances, I'll take the risk.
- Captain Rex: Sir, looks like the General's up to something.
- Mace Windu: What is Skywalker doing?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: It appears to be one of Anakin's improvised plans.
- Mace Windu: How can it be a plan if it's improvised?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Not to worry. Just catch them when they fall.
- Captain Rex: A lot of the General's plans involve falling.
Death Trap [2.20]
- Who my father was matters less than my memory of him.
- Sergeant Crasher: War does not come with a guarantee. No soldier gets the promise of safety, survival or victory. But men, I guarantee you this: every member of this clone youth brigade will have his moment. And it is that moment when you are no longer a cadet. You are a soldier.
- Mace Windu: You seem more disappointed than our cadets.
- Anakin: It's our job to instruct and inspire.
- Mace Windu: You just wanted to show off.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hey, when I show off, it is instructive. And inspiring.
R2 Come Home [2.21]
- Adversity is a friendship's truest test.
- Anakin: [R2 bleeps cautiously] You're not kidding, little buddy. I don't like the feel of this place either.
- Mace Windu: Your astromech is programmed to feel?
- Anakin: R2 is kind of a... special case. He's got a lot of personality, that's all.
- Mace Windu: You encourage it too much.
- Anakin : Whose helmet is that anyway?
- Mace Windu: It belongs to a bounty hunter I killed on Geonosis by the name of Jango Fett.
- Mace Windu: Boba was on Geonosis when his father died. He watched as I killed him.
- Anakin: That would complicate things.
- Mace Windu: Indeed.
- Mace Windu: I can see why your master trusts you, little one. Good job. [R2 chirps a happy reply, then rolls off]
- Anakin Skywalker: Heh. That's definitely more praise than I ever get.
- Ahsoka Tano: Some pretty serious burns, but nothing a night in the bacta tank won't fix. [Ahsoka punches Anakin in the leg and Anakin grunts in pain and glares at Ahsoka] Oh, sorry.
Lethal Trackdown [2.22]
- Revenge is a confession of pain.
- Boba: This isn’t what I wanted.
- Kilian: You don't have to do this, you're not like them. I can tell.
- Boba: What do you know, old man?
- Kilian: I know a good soldier when I see one.
- Boba: I'm no soldier! I'm no clone! Not like those two.
- Anakin: So, what are you planning to do with this son of Jango Fett?
- Mace Windu: I’m not planning to do anything.
- Anakin: That kid destroyed an entire cruiser, trying to get to you. And you're just gonna to let it go?
- Mace: Is there something else I should be doing, Skywalker?
- Anakin: How about tracking him down?
- Mace: So I should behave as this child does? I should seek revenge?
- Anakin: No. How is it revenge if you stop this kid and bring him to justice!
- Mace: In case you haven’t notice, we are fighting a war.
- Plo Koon: And this time, try to be more subtle.
- Ahsoka Tano: Oh, what do you mean?
- Plo Koon: You've adopted many of your master's ways, including a lack of subtlety.
- Ahsoka Tano: Sorry, Master Plo.
- Plo Koon: Not very subtle.
- Ahsoka Tano: Well, I was being subtle.
- Plo Koon: Interesting result.
- Brothers in arms are brothers for life.
- Fighting a war tests a soldier's skills, defending his home tests a soldier's heart.
- General Grievous: Your skills are impressive. Perhaps a match for my own, assassin.
- Asajj Ventress: Count Dooku may have taught you how to swing a lightsaber, General, but that hardly makes you my equal.
- General Grievous: And yet, I am the general in charge of this assault. Remember assassin, you're to recover the clone DNA.
- Asajj Ventress: Why not just destroy it?
- General Grievous: Because the DNA could unlock new possibilities for us.
- Asajj Ventress: Keep playing with your droids. I'll handle breaking into the DNA room.
- General Grievous: (grabs Ventress' wrist) Shall I provide you with a droid escort?
- Asajj Ventress: (wraps fingers around Grievous' respirator) My dear general, there's nothing (lets fingers slide off Grievous' respirator and slowly begins to leave) you have that I could want.
- General Grievous Get those doors open and scare the remaining clones out of hiding.
- General Grievous All too easy.
- Obi-Wan Define "easy" general.
- General Grievous Kenobi.
Clone Cadet: But our training's not finished!
Fives: Look around, we're one in the same! Same heart, same blood, and my blood is boiling for a fight.
Echo: This is our home, this is our war.
Clone Cadet: But what about weapons?
99: The...armory. It's just a few corridors away, I can get everything we need. So, who's ready to blast some droids?
- Where there's a will, there's a way.
:Ima-Gun Di:(As the Twi'leks are escaping) For the Republic! For the Twi'leks!
: Ima-Gun Di Captain Kili!
:Captain Kili! I'm not finished yet sir. We can do this General! (both continue to fight while being surrounded).
:Ima-Gun Di Let's make the end memorable! (Captain Kili gets shot, so does Ima-Gun Di)
:Blockade Runner Dispatcher This is blockade runner 0niner-niner, we have broken through.
:Ima-Gun Di (after seeing the dropship) The Twi'leks will live to fight another day. Ahhh! (gets shot several times)
Sphere of influence
- A child stolen is a hope lost.
- The challenge of hope is to overcome corruption.
The Academy [3.06]
- Those who enforce the law must obey the law.
- Prime Minister: Because of Master Kenobi's recent visit and the trouble that followed, no Offworlders may carry weapons on Mandalore.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master Obi-Wan caused trouble? That's a first.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Sighs] Just give me the lightsaber. [Ahsoka hands Anakin her lightsaber]
- Anakin Skywalker: I hope this assignment wasn't too boring for you.
- Ahsoka Tano: Ah, it had its moments.
- Anakin Skywalker: Huh, like the one here you convinced untrained children to help you overthrow a corrupt government. [Pulls out Ahsoka's lightsaber and flips it in the air and catches it]
- Ahsoka Tano: That was a highlight. [Snatches her lightsaber from Anakin]
- Anakin Skywalker: It sounds pretty risky. You're lucky you didn't get hurt.
- Ahsoka Tano: Nothing you wouldn't have done.
- The future has many paths - choose wisely.
Ahsoka Tano: I can't just stay behind knowing about the threat to your life. Allow me to come with you, please?
Padmé Amidala: Well, I... suppose it couldn't hurt. Besides, I enjoy your company. Of course you can join me. As... extra security.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, I sense you're uneasy. What is it?
- Ahsoka Tano: Oh. I. . . nothing, Master. Let me come with you. If I'm not with you, who else will have your back?
- Anakin Skywalker: Stay here, finish your studies, get some rest.
- Ahsoka Tano: You said it yourself. I learn more in the field than I ever do here.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, think of this as a chance to prove me wrong. [Anakin climbs onto the waiting ship before turning back around to face Ahsoka as the ship takes off] And stay out of trouble!
Evil Plans [3.08]
- A failure in planning is a plan for failure.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Threepio, is there a problem?
- C-3PO: I'm sorry, my lady, but it appears the dessert is missing it's Jugan fruit.
- Anakin Skywalker: So go get one.
- C-3PO: I could not possibly leave now.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Threepio. . .
- Anakin Skywalker: Fine. Send Artoo then.
- C-3PO: I'm afraid that may not be the most appropriate idea. It was R2-D2 who put us in this predicament, quite inadvertently, I'm sure. [R2-D2 whirs]
- Senator Padmé Amidala: [Padmé looks up at Anakin with pleading eyes] Please handle this. [Padmé walks away]
- Anakin Skywalker: [Sighs] Okay, Threepio, look, I'm sending you on a mission.
- C-3PO: A mission? Oh, my.
- Anakin Skywalker: Yes. And Artoo is going along with you.
- C-3PO: Oh, my.
- Anakin Skywalker: This should be more than enough credit-- if you don't get swindled.
- C-3PO: Swindled? Me? [R2-D2 beeps]
- Anakin Skywalker: Yes, you. Go there, come back, don't get lost and don't get distracted.
- C-3PO: Of course, Master Anakin. Come along, Artoo. [R2-D2 beeps and follows C-3PO]
- Senator Padmé Admidala: Where can Threepio be?
- Anakin Skywalker: I have no idea.
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, no. I'm never gonna hear the end of this one. [R2-D2 beeps and Anakin turns to see C-3PO and R2-D2] Threepio, where were you. You almost missed the whole party.
- C-3PO: We encountered some complications, sir.
- Anakin Skywalker: What kind of complications?
- C-3PO: Actually, I have no recollection of my day. I cannot really explain where I have been.
- Anakin Skywalker: You're gonna have to do better than that, Threepio, because if Padmé's dinner is a disaster then you're the not only one she's gonna be mad at.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Oh, Anakin, stop worrying. The cake is right here. You should really lighten up on these two. [R2-D2 beeps] Threepio, you've done a magnificent job.
- C-3PO: Oh, my, a magnificent job. A magnificent job. A magnificent job. A magnificent job. A magnificent job.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, we're gonna hear about this one for awhile, buddy. [R2-D2 beeps]
- C-3PO: A magnificent job. A magnificent job. A magnificent. . .
Hunt for Ziro
- Love comes in all shapes and sizes.
Heroes on Both Sides [3.10]
- Fear is a great motivator.
- Count Dooku: Are your droids ready?
- General Grievous: I am about to deploy the infiltrators, my lord.
- Nix Card: You must hurry, the senate is restless.
- General Grievous: I don't take orders from you! Only Count Dooku.
- Anakin Skywalker: That's not my role, Padmé.
- Ahsoka Tano: Why not? Why isn't your role? Aren't we Jedi Knight? Isn't it our duty to speak our minds to advise the Chancellor?
- Anakin Skywalker: [Clears his throat] Uh, I suggest you teach my young Padawan a thing or two about politics.
- Anakin Skywalker: War's complicated, Ahsoka. But let me simplify it. The Separatists believe the Republic is corrupt, but they're wrong, and we have to restore order.
- Senator Padmé Admidala: Maybe talking to the Jedi Council isn't the role for you after all. Thanks for your help. Come on, Ahsoka.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hey.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: You told me to teach her about politics so I'm going to.
- Senator Padmé Admidala: I'm returning your Padawan.
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm sorry your talks with Bonteri failed.
- Ahsoka Tano: How did you know?
- Anakin Skywalker: We have eyes and ears everywhere, Ahsoka. That was dangerous and careless going to Raxus, not to mention illegal. You went too far this time.
- Ahsoka Tano: You would do the same. You do the same all the time.
- Anakin Skywalker: This was too much.
Pursuit of Peace
- Truth can strike down the spectre of fear.
- Chancellor Palpatine: (during a Senate meeting) We have just received word from our enemy, Count Dooku.
- Count Dooku: (in a hologram) Your troops have carried out a barbaric attack against us. We've lost many of our own in a bombing, including our Senator, Mina Bonteri.
- Padme Amidala: What? No!
- Count Dooku: In response to this attack, I withdraw our offer of peace!
- The swiftest path to destruction is through vengeance
- Count Dooku: Yes Lord Sidious.
- Darth Sidious: Lord Tyranus, I sense how powerful your assassin has become from afar.
- Count Dooku: She has become very important to me.
- Darth Sidious: Too important, I'm afraid. I hope you would not be training an apprentice to overthrow me.
- Count Dooku: Never! My allegiance is to you and you alone.
- Darth Sidious: Then prove your loyalty my apprentice, eliminate her.
- Count Dooku: She is my most trusted...
- Darth Sidious: I SAID ELIMINATE HER!
- Count Dooku: As you wish, my lord.
- Dooku: You have failed me for the last time, child. You are no longer my apprentice. And now... you shall die.
- Ventress: (after seeing her Jedi master dead) MASTER!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Looks like I'm her favorite.
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm kind of disappointed. Only the droids follow me.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: No, thank you. No--Thank you, Artoo. That's quite enough.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Ventress, you're not looking well.
- Anakin Skywalker: She never does.
- Evil is not born, it is taught.
Mother Talzin: You have heard of the Sith Lord, Darth Maul, yes?
Count Dooku: Yes, he was struck down years ago on Naboo by Obi Wan Kenobi.
Mother Talzin: A few still remain in his bloodline. What if I could provide you with another of his kind?
Count Dooku: A warrior of the same caliber?
Mother Talzin: Yes, the men on the far side of Dathomir. One can be found.
Count Dooku: With the death of my assassin, Asajj Ventress, and the attacks from the Jedi stepping up, I am in the need of a new assassin.
Mother Talzin: One can be arranged Count. But I warn you, men can be easily persuaded but hard to control.
- Savage Opress: You beg? Weakling!
- Dooku: I foresee we will do great things together. I shall teach you the ways of the dark side. Soon, your powers will rival that of the great Sith Lord, Darth Maul. We will be even more powerful than Lord Sidious. We will rule the galaxy together, my apprentice.
- Count Dooku: Sister.
- Mother Talzin: Count Dooku, may I present Savage Opress (Savage walks out of the ship with weapon in hand).
- Count Dooku: He certainly is a sight to behold.
- Mother Talzin: The fiercest of his kind, he shall serve you well.
- Count Dooku: (with a sinister smile) yes.
Witches of the Mist [3.14]
- The path to evil may bring great power, but not loyalty.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: [referring to Savage Opress' handiwork] This is not the work of a Sith Lord, or of a Jedi... but a reckless, impulsive animal.
- Count Dooku: You must connected with your hatred.
- Count Dooku: Focus on your power growing do not think of anyone or anything else.
- Savage Opress: [during his training with Dooku] I... hate you!
- Count Dooku: Good.
- Count Dooku: ["after Savage kills King Kuntuka"] You ignorant beast! I told you I wanted him alive! [blasts Savage with Force Lightning]
- Savage Opress: ["after being shocked"] Forgive me my master.
- Count Dooku: That is not the way of the dark side.
- Count Dooku: ["after Ventress enters the room"] Ventress.
- Asajj Ventress: That's no way to treat your apprentice. I should know.
- Count Dooku: [drawing lightsaber] Savage, you can make amends for your mistake, by destroying this witch.
- Asajj Ventress: [cackles gleefully] I don't think that will be happening! Will it, Savage? ["tapping Savage's forehead"] Remember where your true loyalties lie.
- Savage Opress: With you mistress. ['both of them draw their lightsabers"]
- Count Dooku: A failed apprentice makes for a foolish master!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Be on guard. These men are ferocious warriors, and they will show no mercy.
- Anakin Skywalker: Don't worry. I won't start anything.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: So much for not starting something.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hey, don't look at me.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Don't harm them.
- Anakin Skywalker: Don't tell me. Tell them.
- Anakin Skywalker: Great. Warrior-like men, witches-- Oh, this place is all kinds of fun.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I'm glad you think so.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I don't know much about Mother Talzin, but I don't expect to be welcome here.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Chuckles] You never know. I tend to be popular with the ladies.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Too popular.
- Balance is found in the one who faces his guilt.
- The Father: [as Anakin points his lightsaber at the Father's face] Cannot sleep? To strike an unarmed man is hardly the Jedi way.
- Anakin: You're a Sith Lord!
- The Father: You have a very simple view of the universe. I am neither Sith, nor Jedi. I am much more. And so are you.
- Anakin: I see through your spells and visions, old man. Tell me what is going on here!
- The Father:[grips Anakin's lightsaber blade with his bare hand] Some call us Force-wielders. [pushes the lightsaber blade back into it's hilt, deactivating it]
- Obi-Wan: You are Sith!
- The Son: Sith? [chuckles] Yes... and no.
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, come on, that's impossible. Something's wrong. We're at the exact coordinates where the distress signal originated, but there's nothing here. Rex is at the exact same coordinates, and he's not here.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: This is getting interesting.
- Anakin Skywalker: And we thought the planet was strange. How about this one?
- Anakin Skywalker: Excuse me, who are you taking us to?
- Daughter: The Father, of course.
- Ahsoka Tano: Of course.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: And what exactly are you?
- Daughter: We are the ones who guard the power. We are the middle, the beginning, and the end.
- Anakin Skywalker: Glad she cleared that up for us.
- Anakin Skywalker: Yeah, but our friend has run off! Go back to the ship and try sending another distress call. I'll follow her and find out how to get off this rock.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: And if this is a trap?
- Anakin Skywalker: Then I'm not gonna wait around to find out.
- Ahsoka Tano: Do not trust him.
- Anakin Skywalker: You think?
Altar of Mortis [3.16]
- He who surrenders hope, surrenders life.
- Anakin: You must know I will never join the Dark Side willingly!
- The Son: How simple you make it. Light and Dark...as if there is one without the other. Allied, you and I can restore balance wherever we go, peace to the universe.
- Anakin: By becoming a Sith?! Never!
- The Son: [furious] We will DESTROY the Sith! And the Jedi!
- The Daughter: What have you done, brother?
- The Son: Done? I have done what is right...or what is wrong, depending on your point of view.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I didn't think you saw it.
- Anakin Skywalker: It was a giant tower. Of course I saw it.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka. Ahsoka, it's me. You're safe. Now let's go.
- Ahsoka Tano: Are you proud of me, Master?
- Anakin Skywalker: What? Uh, of course, Snips. Of course I'm proud of you. Now, let's get out of here.
- Ahsoka Tano: He's right, right about everything. You must join him. He only wants what's best for the universe.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hey, what's wrong with you?
- Ahsoka Tano: Always with the criticism, Master, never really believing in me, trusting me. Well, I don't need you anymore.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka. Ahsoka, listen to me. He has done something to you. Snap out of it. This isn't you, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: Isn't it? I feel more like myself than I ever have. He asked me to give you a message. He said if you didn't join him, he will kill me. [Ahsoka laughs]
- Anakin Skywalker: I won't let him.
- Ahsoka Tano: Then you will be forced to kill me.
- Anakin Skywalker: Getting ahead of yourself, aren't you, Snips?
- Ahsoka Tano: Don't call me that. I hate it when you call me that!
- Father: There is no hope.
- Anakin Skywalker: Yes, there is. There's always hope!
Ghosts of Mortis [3.17]
- He who seeks to control fate shall never find peace.
- The Son: I have a gift for you.
- Anakin: I have had enough of your trickery!
- The Son: Oh, but you'll like this one, I promise...What if I could show you the future?
- Anakin: [clutches his head as unseen visions assault him] No! No. Stop it!
- The Son: Know yourself. Know what you will become!
- [Mist surrounds Anakin as he hears and sees visions of his future]
- Anakin: I will not look!
- Darth Sidious: The Force is strong with you. [Anakin sees Sidious shooting lightning, as well as himself killing younglings and throttling Padmé]
- Padmé: [pleading] Anakin, please!
- Obi Wan: You were my brother, Anakin!
- Darth Sidious [Voice] A powerful Sith you will become.
- Anakin/Vader: [Voice as Alderaan is blown to bits] I HATE YOU!
- [The mist shapes into the form of Anakin's future self, followed by a familiar sound of breathing, then the mist clears]
- Anakin: No. No. NOOOOO! [he falls to his knees, close to tears] I will do such terrible things...
- The Son: Yes...but it doesn't have to be that way. The choice is still yours to make.
- Anakin: How?
- The Son: The future, by its nature, can be changed. Join me, and together we will destroy this Emperor that you see in your visions, then we shall end war, corruption and suffering throughout the galaxy!
- Anakin: [hesitant] Will we bring peace?
- The Son: Of course.
- Anakin: There has been a change of plan. [Force pushes Obi-Wan's speeder into the lava] Sorry. You will not understand what I have to do to end the Clone War. You will try to stop me.
- Obi Wan: [horrified, shocked by the Son's red Force lightning] Anakin, why?!
- Anakin: [regretfully] I'm sorry, but I have seen that it is the Jedi who will stand in the way of peace.
- The Father: What did he show you?
- Anakin: I have seen what I become, and I cannot let that happen.
- The Father: And for this, you join him? Your destiny can change as quickly as the love in one's heart can fade. Nothing is set in stone.
- Anakin: But I will cause so much pain!
- The Father: If there is to be balance, what you have seen must be...forgotten.
- Father: You cannot interfere.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: The way I see it, if we were not supposed to interfere, Ahsoka and I wouldn't be here in the first place. Look after the ship. I'm going to find Anakin.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Ahsoka, come in, please can you hear me? Ahsoka!
- Ahsoka Tano: Yes, Master. Any success with Anakin?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: No, quite the opposite.
- Ahsoka Tano: Master. . . what are you saying?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin has joined with the Son. Do not engage him.
- Ahsoka Tano: But--
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Just do as I say. Listen to me. You have to disable the ship.
- Ahsoka Tano: But I just finished putting it back together.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Ahsoka, please listen. We have to prevent Anakin and the Son from leaving.
- Ahsoka Tano: Yes, Master.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka. . . What have you done? Ahsoka!
- Ahsoka Tano: Hmm, nice job.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: What took you so long?
The Citadel [3.18]
- Adaptation is the key to survival.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier, but you won't be coming along.
- Ahsoka Tano: Not coming? But you're breaking into Citadel. No one's ever done it.
- Anakin Skywalker: The Citadel wasn't designed to hold common criminals. It was created to hold Jedi if any of us lost our way. It's not a place for Padawans.
- Ahsoka Tano: You're just being protective again. That's not fair. How am I supposed to learn if you won't let me share the risk?
- Anakin Skywalker: This isn't a mission for learning. You either do or die. And that's not a risk I'm willing to share.
- Anakin Skywalker: Hey, Snips.
- Ahsoka Tano: Hey, Master.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I must have carbon sickness because I could swear that's Ahsoka.
- Anakin Skywalker: Your eyes are fine. It's Ahsoka's hearing that needs help.
- Ahsoka Tano: I received orders to join the team. I thought you knew.
- Anakin Skywalker: Orders? From who?
- Ahsoka Tano: I discussed it with Master Plo.
- Anakin Skywalker: He didn't tell me.
- Ahsoka Tano: You were already in carbonite.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, I gave you a specific order not to come.
- Ahsoka Tano: If there's one thing I've learned from you, Master, it's that following direct orders isn't always the best way to solve a problem.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I see Anakin's new teaching method is to do as I say, not as I do. Welcome aboard.
- Anakin Skywalker: That wasn't the plan.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Well, it's in the plan now.
- Captain Tarkin: I reserve my trust for those who take action, General Skywalker.
- Anakin Skywalker: Then let me remind you, we rescued you back there and I reserve my trust for those who understand gratitude, Captain Tarkin.
- Anything that can go wrong will.
- Anakin Skywalker: Sorry I'm late.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: How nice of you to join us.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I'm afraid we've had a situation with the shuttle.
- Anakin Skywalker: By "situation", he means "big explosion." We're gonna need a rescue.
- Echo: We've got to stop that droid from destroying that ship (grabs shield and heads toward the ship).
- Fives: Echo, look out! (Droid destroys the ship and kills Echo) Echo!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: We have to keep moving!
Citadel Rescue [3.20]
- Without honor, victory is hollow.
- Ahsoka Tano: Why did Master Piell have to share half the intel with that guy? It's like he's not even grateful we rescued him.
- Anakin Skywalker: Captain Tarkin feels the Jedi should be relieved from the burden of leading the war effort.
- Ahsoka Tano: That's ridiculous.
- Anakin Skywalker: Maybe, but we aren't soldiers. We're peacekeepers.
- Anakin Skywalker: Master Plo, there's something we want to ask you. Did you assign Ahsoka to the mission?
- Plo Koon: It appears I did.
Padawan Lost [3.21]
- Without humility, courage is a dangerous game.
Sergeant Kano: Quick, blast the Jedi!!
Wookiee Hunt [3.22]
- A great student is what the teacher hopes to be.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka!
- Plo Koon: It is good to see you safe, little 'Soka.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, I am so sorry.
- Ahsoka Tano: For what?
- Anakin Skywalker: For letting you go, for letting you get taken. It was my fault.
- Ahsoka Tano: No, Master, it wasn't your fault.
- Anakin Skywalker: I should've paid more attention. I should've tried harder. I--
- Ahsoka Tano: You already did everything you could, everything you had to do. When I was out there, alone, all I had was your training and the lessons you taught me and because of you, I did survive. And not only that, I was able to lead others to survive as well.
- Anakin Skywalker: I don't know what to say.
- Ahsoka Tano: I do. Thank you, Master.
- Anakin Skywalker: You're welcome, my Padawan. [Anakin and Ahsoka bow to each other in respect]
- When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.
Nossor Ri: Your aqua droids are no match for the Mon Calamari. What makes you think these secret weapons you brought from your homeworld will fare any better?
Riff Tamson: They are half machine, half monster. We call them Hydroid Medusas. They are invincible.
Captain Ackbar: Soldiers of Mon Calamari, this is your home! Do not let it fall! (troops rally and charge)
- Only through fire is a strong sword forged.
- Crowns are inherited, kingdoms are earned.
There's plenty of suffering to go around.
Long live the King!
- Aqua droid: Sir, we have captured the Prince.
- Riff Tamson: Excellent, bring him to the throne room. I want him to see me in my rightful place as ruler of Mon Cala!
- No Sirai: Ruler? But that was never our arrangement with Count Dooku!
- Riff Tamson: You're right, it was not. It was mine! Hahahaha
- Who a person truly is cannot be seen with the eye.
Rish Loo: Yousa get them! ---
(Jar Jar meets General Grievous for the first time)
- Jar Jar Binks: (gasps)
- General Grievous: Come in, Minister Lyonnie. Let's sit down and have a talk.
- Jar Jar Binks: (gulps)
(General Grievous sits down)
- Jar Jar Binks: (sits down and mumbles)
- General Grievous: So...
- Jar Jar Binks: So...
- General Grievous: I hear you have decided not to aid our attack on the Naboo.
- Jar Jar Binks: (fools around with chair) Uh, yesa...(deep voice)...uh, yesa. We must put end to (normal voice)unfortunate...(deep voice) unfortunate bang-bang conflict.
- General Grievous: It was a great effort and cost for me to bring my armies here.
- Jar Jar Binks: Mesa sorry that boss...(clears throat) Exqueez me. (deep voice) Mesa was receiving muy bad advice.
- General Grievous: If you won't attack the Naboo, I will! (pounds fist on table)
- Jar Jar Binks: Hold that thought. Gen-General Tarpals?
- General Tarpals: Yesa, boss?
- Jar Jar Binks: Yousa need to do that...that thing...that BIG troop thing.
- General Grievous: What did you just say?
(General Tarpals turns to leave)
- Jar Jar Binks: Gosa! Go! (door shuts) Mesa...(clears throat; deep voice) Mesa just telling general that wesa must make the immediate arrangements for our Gungan Separatist attack.
- General Grievous: (growls)
- General Grievous: (growls) What are we waiting for?
- Jar Jar Binks: (deep voice) Planing attack taka time.
- General Grievous: You're were a man of few words Boss Lyonnie.
- Jar Jar Binks: Well, messa more of a deep thinker.
- General Grievous: (growls) You are not Boss Lyonnie. (punches chair and kicks table and removes his cape) You have no idea of the power that is in my grasp.
- General Grievous: Huh
- General Tarpals: Yousa army is shut down general. (knocks down droids) Mesa suggest you surrender.
- General Grievous: (laughs) You can't be serious. (activates two lightsabers)
- Anakin Skywalker: Why bring the war to Naboo
- Count Dooku: How quickly you forget, the war started here on Naboo many years ago.
- Anakin Skywalker: You were a part of that first battle?
- Count Dooku: The Sith control everything, you just don't know it!
- Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
- Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
Darkness on Umbara
- The first step towards loyalty is trust.
- Hardcase: Time to lock and load!
- Dogma: All platoons are reported in General.
- Anakin Skywalker: That's good, get some rest.
- Dogma: Thank you sir, but I'm fine.
- Rex: The General just gave you an order, soldier.
- Dogma: Yes sir! (walks away)
- Rex: He's wound up tight, but he's a good soldier.
- Anakin Skywalker: Funny, he kinda reminds me of you.
- Rex: Maybe, back in the day.
Pong Krell: Time and rest are luxuries the Republic can't afford.
- Tup: We're completely exposed!
- Rex: Hold your ground!
- Hardcase: You want a piece of this! (kills Umbarans)
- Tup: (after large explosion) I think Hardcase made them mad.
Hardcase: Make em' eat heat!
- Dogma: (being overrun) They're coming from all directions!
- Fives: We don't have any cover!
- Rex: We need to fall back, get them to follow us. If we can draw them out, we can see them. If we can see them, we can hit them! ALL SQUADS, FALL BACK NOW!
- Tup: This can't be good.
- Anakin Skywalker: Be careful, the enemy could have the whole area booby trapped.
- Tup: I can't even see the enemy!
- Jesse: That's why they're called the shadow people, Tup!
- Fives: General Krell, Captain Rex just saved the platoon. Surely you won't fail to recognize that!
- Pong Krell: (ignites lightsaber and points it at Fives) ARC 5555, stand down.
- Fives: Sir, yes sir.
- Captain Rex: Sir, if I may address your accusation. I followed your orders, to the exact letter. Orders that I didn't necessarily agreed with. Orders that cost us men, not clones, men! As much as it is to my duty to follow your orders, I also have another duty to protect these men.
- Pong Krell: (puts away lightsaber) You have a spark of tenacity captain, I'll give you that. I know I don't command like Jedi you're used to, especially General Skywalker, but I do things my way and they get done. I guess you are to be commended for your loyalty Captain, that is all (walks away).
- Fives: I think he just complimented you.
- Captain Rex: Eh, it's too hard to tell.
- General Krell: (after seeing his troops retreat) Feeble minded clones! (to the rest of his troops) Get in there and save their necks! (rest of the 501st moves in ).
- Hardcase: Haha! Where are you going? get back here! (as he shoots at retreating Umbarans).
- The path of ignorance is guided by fear.
Pong Krell: "What is your plan?"
Rex: "I've dispatched two men on a stealth incursion into the airbase. They've been ordered to co-opt starfighters and use them against the tanks."
- Hardcase: As soon as I see them, I'm gonna start blasting everything in sight!
- Fives: Chill out Hardcase, this is just a stealth mission. What's wrong with you?
- Hardcase: Eh, sorry sir. My Kamino commander said that my incubation tube had a leak when I was made, makes me hyper-active or something.
- Rex: (addressing his platoon before the attack) Ok, listen up. We're going to form two divisions, march down, and head through the gorge to the airbase.
- Jesse: Is Krell trying to get us killed?
- Kix: This plan is reckless, engaging the enemy head on? What is Krell even thinking? It's like he doesn't care about us clones.
- Fives: You know, I wasn't sure whether or not General Krell was crazy before, but now I know that he's insane! The casualties are gonna be high on this one!
- Hardcase: I don't know, could be fun.
- Dogma: Well, I, for one, agree with the General's plan. We're running out of time and this is our best option.
- Jesse: No recon? No air support? We don't even know what we're up against. We're facing weapons that we've never seen before!
- Rex: A lot of General Skywalker's plans seemed reckless at times, but they worked.
- Fives: Well, General Skywalker is always leading his men in the front, not leading from behind like General Krell!
Plan of Dissent
- The wise man leads, the strong man follows.
Rex: Can't we destroy the supply ship?
Obi Wan Kenobi: We're trying, but with little success. Their fleet outnumbers ours, and the extra ships we were promised have not yet arrived.
Pong Krell: Let me be clear about the punishment for the treason committed by ARC trooper 5555 and CT-5597: they will be court martialed, they will be found guilty, and they will be executed. Make no mistake. For crossing me, you will pay the price.
- Fives: Hardcase, what are you doing? Get back in your starfighter!
- Hardcase: Trust me, I've got a plan (readies to blow up reactor with missile) this is for the 501st!
- Fives: Hardcase, no!
- Hardcase: We disobeyed other orders, Sir. Now follow this one. Get out of here!
- Jesse: Knowing Hardcase, I think we better go! (Fives and Jesse pilot their starfighters out of ship)
- Hardcase: (while smiling and colliding the missile with the reactor) Live to fight another day boys, live to fight another day. (explosion occurs, destroying the supply ship).
- Pong Krell: (over the intercom) Trooper, what's happening down there!
- Fives: Everything is fine sir, nothing to worry about.
- Pong Krell: Why were the alarms triggered?
- Fives: Ehh...uhhh....safety drill, safety drill sir, nothing to worry about.
- Pong Krell: Safety drill isn't scheduled until 0600, who gave this authorization?
- Fives: Ahhh....uhhh....ehhh.. just a malfunction sir, a technical malfunction.
- Pong Krell: Who is this? What's your CT number?
Carnage of Krall
- Our actions define our legacy.
- Pong Krell: I see that you have not carried out the execution. You are making a mistake crossing me, clone.
- Captain Rex: It's captain, sir.
- Captain Rex: Everyone, stop firing! We're shooting at our own men! They're not Umbarans, they're clones! Take off your helmets. Show them you're not the enemy. They're clones! Everyone, stop firing. Cease fire. They're not Umbarans, they're clones. (tackles a shooting clone, takes off his helmet and holds him up to the enemy) Look, we're clones, we're all clones! (clones stop firing and realize they were shooting each other)
- Dogma: What?
- Tup: (after tending to the wounded) This can't be happening, what have we done?
- Dogma: I don't understand, why did these troopers attack us?
- Captain Rex: (surrounding Krell with the 501st and 212th) General Krell, you're being relieved of duty!
- Pong Krell: (turns around) It's treason, then.
- Captain Rex: (points blasters at Krell) Surrender, General.
- Pong Krell: You're committing mutiny, Captain.
- Captain Rex: Explain your actions.
- Pong Krell: My actions?
- Captain Rex: For ordering your troops against one another!
- Pong Krell: Oh, that. I'm surprised you were able to figure it out, for a clone.
- Captain Rex: (his men begin to move forward) Surrender General, you're outnumbered.
- Pong Krell: (he force-pushes all clones away and ignites his lightsabers) You dare to attack a Jedi?
- Captain Rex: Get him! (clones open fire, Krell kills many of them)
- Pong Krell: I will not be undermined by creatures bred in some laboratory! (he jumps out the window and escapes)
Captain Rex: Why General? Why kill your own men?
- Pong Krell: (chuckles) Because I can. Because you fell for it. Because you're inferior.
- Captain Rex: But you're a Jedi. How could you?
- Pong Krell: A Jedi? (laughs) I am no longer naive enough to be a Jedi. A new power is rising. I've foreseen it. The Jedi are going to lose this war and the Republic will be ripped apart from the inside. In its place is going to rise a New Order and I will rule as part of it.
- Captain Rex: You're a Separatist.
- Pong Krell: I serve no one's side, only my own. And soon my master...
- Captain Rex: You're an agent of Dooku.
- Pong Krell: Not yet, but when I get out of here I will be. After I succeeded in driving the Republic from Umbara, the Count will reward my actions and make me his new apprentice.
- Dogma: How could you do this?! You had my trust, my loyalty, I've followed all of your orders, and you made me kill my brothers!!
- Pong Krell: (laughs) That's because you were the biggest fool of them all Dogma. I counted on blind loyalty like yours to make my plan succeed! (laughs)
- Captain Rex: That will never happen. You're a traitor, General, and you will be dealt with as one.
- Pong Krell: You never learn Captain. The Umbarans are going to retake this place, and when they do I will be free.
- Where we are going always reflects where we came from.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin hasn't talked about his past, has he?
Ahsoka Tano: Only to tell me he won't talk about it.
Slaves of the Republic 4.12
- Those who enslave others, inevitably become slaves themselves.
- Anakin Skywalker: Remember, I'll keep her occupied while you locate the missing people of Kiros.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: How do you plan on keeping the queen occupied?
- Anakin Skywalker: Well. . . [chuckles] with my magnetic charm, of course.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Oh, yes. . . of course.
- Ahsoka Tano: Remind me why I'm the one playing the part of the slave.
- Anakin Skywalker: I tried it once. I wasn't any good at it. Besides the role of master comes easily to me.
- Ahsoka Tano: Really? Well, this time, try to be convincing at it.
Escape from Kadavo [4.13]
- Great hope can come from small sacrifices.
Queen: You were right, Skywalker. I am a slave, just as you are. [she dies]
- Ahsoka Tano: Well, hello, Master. Took you long enough.
- Anakin Skywalker: Well, I knew you had a nice view.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin! I'm glad to see you, but I'm afraid our host feel otherwise.
- Anakin Skywalker: You can't make everyone happy, Master.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: They're threatening to kill the slaves unless you surrender.
- Anakin Skywalker: It's good to see you're always ready to negotiate, but I've had enough bargaining with slave drivers.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, you must realize this is a fight you cannot win alone.
- Anakin Skywalker: Who said I was alone?
A Friend in Need [4.14]
- Friendship shows us who we really are.
Ahsoka: Lux! Lux, where are we, and what did you do with my lightsabers?
Lux: You should have stayed on the ship.
- Ahsoka Tano: Hungry? Careful not to choke on your stupidity.
- All warfare is based on deception.
Rako Hardeen: I killed Obi-Wan Kenobi!
Rako Hardeen: You're blaming me for a murder I didn't even do.
- Anakin Skywalker: So, what's the big rush?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: The Jedi Council has called an emergency meeting.
- Anakin Skywalker: [Sighs] I can see it now. Another long boring debate.
- Ahsoka Tano: Would you rather they call you in to train younglings?
- Anakin Skywalker: Are you crazy?
- Ahsoka Tano: I'm worried about Anakin. He hasn't said a word since it happened.
Friends and Enemies [4.16]
- Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.
Anakin: This is for Obi-Wan!
- Ahsoka Tano: Look, it's Cad Bane.
- Anakin Skywalker: Are you sure?
- Ahsoka Tano: Ugh, who else wears a hat like that?
- Anakin Skywalker: Good point.
The Box [4.17]
- The strong survive, the noble overcome.
Dooku: Welcome to Serenno. You have been invited here because you are the best bounty hunters in the galaxy. Kiera Swan, two-time winner of the Obsidian Sphere. Derrown, known simply as 'The Exterminator'. Sixtat, the Outlands Butcher. Embo, your bounty tallies were second only to one last season. Cad Bane, needs no introduction. Rako Hardeen, the Marksman of Concord Dawn. Jakoli, known for never bringing anyone back alive. Onca, you and your brother have been a legendary team. This challenge may prove difficult for you alone. Twazzi, your acrobatics once earned you praise from Chancellor Valorum. Sinrich, inventor of the holographic disguise matrix. And finally, Mantu. Your people were once a peaceful race. How far they have fallen. In a few moments, all eleven of you will enter what we call the Box.
Sixtat: Step back, boys. I show you how it's done.
- Cad Bane: What are you looking at? It's a nice hat.
Crisis on Naboo [4.18]
- Trust is the greatest of gifts, but it must be earned.
Cade Bane: So long Jedi!
Anakin Skywalker: You should have quit while you were still alive, Dooku!
Dooku: Fighting off the entire Jedi security force would have been difficult. But now that they are gone, defeating you will be an easy task.
- Count Dooku: You are a worthy adversary Master Kenobi, I cannot say the same for your young apprentice.
- Anakin Skywalker: Which means I'll be making Ahsoka your personal bodyguard.
- Ahsoka Tano: At your service, my lady.
- Anakin Skywalker: If there's trouble, Ahsoka will get you, the queen, and the rest of your staff to safety.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: What about you?
- Anakin Skywalker: Hopefully, I'll be where I always am.
- Ahsoka Tano: [Laughs] He means saving the day.
- Senator Padmé Amidala: Of course he does.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, it was my decision to keep the truth from you. I knew if you were convinced I was dead, Dooku would believe it as well.
- Anakin Skywalker: Your decision?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Look, I know I did some questionable things, but I did what I had to do. I hope you can understand that.
- Anakin Skywalker: You lied to me. How many other lies have I been told by the Council? And how do you know that you even have the truth?
- One must let go of the past to hold on to the future.
Mother Talzin: Prepare yourself, sisters! The war has come to Dathomir!
Old Daka: Rise Sisters. Undead sisters rise from your sleep. The time has come, awaken, you have been called upon.
Asajj Ventress: Surprised?
General Grievous: Hardly, you are the one I was sent here for.
Asajj Ventress: Then fight me alone, prove your the greater warrior. If I win your armies leave, if you win the Nightsisters will surrender to you.
General Grievous: (drawing lightsabers) I have always been greater than you.
General Grievous Enough of this. You think you can defeat me? You're nothing.
- Who we are never changes, who we think we are does.
- A fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled one is truly vanquished.
- Count Dooku: I can sense him Grievous. That creature Savage Opress is growing stronger and stronger as each day passes.
- General Grievous: (coughing) You consider him a threat?
- Count Dooku: He is a threat to all of us even the Jedi. With the Nightsisters eradicated, there's no one left to control him. Something is rising, something sinister.
- Darth Maul: The chains are the easy part... it's what goes on in here that's hard!
- Savage Opress: You're lost, my brother. Do you remember who you are? Where you came from?
- Darth Maul: Always remember I am fear! Always remember I am a hunter! Always remember I am filth! Always remember I am nothing!
- Savage: Your legs...
- Darth Maul: That scum! He took them from me! He took them!
- Savage: Who? Who took them?
- Darth Maul: Jedi! Jedi!
- Darth Maul: Revenge... I must have... revenge.
- Ahsoka Tano: Uh, shouldn't we be getting back to the cruiser?
- Anakin Skywalker: Nah, I'm hungry. . . tired of those government rations.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Talzin: Dooku sent his minions to destroy us, but we will survive. We always have.
Darth Maul: I was once apprentice to the most powerful being in the galaxy once. I was destined for...so much more. But I was robbed of that destiny by the Jedi, by Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Darth Maul: Jedi! I have been waiting for you.
Obi-Wan: [feigning ignorance] I'm not sure I've made your acquaintance.
Darth Maul: I am surprised you could have forgotten me so easily, after I killed your master, and you left me for dead on Naboo!
Obi-Wan: [horified] It is you.
Darth Maul: You may have forgotten me, but I will never forget you. You can not imagine the depths I would go to to stay alive, fueled by my singular hatred...for you.
Obi-Wan: That may be so, but I defeated you before, and I will defeat you again.
Darth Maul: Don't be so certain.
Darth Maul: Your master, Qui-Gon Jinn, I gutted him, while you stood helpless and watched. How did that make you feel, Obi-Wan?
Savage Opress: What now, brother? Do we go after them?
Darth Maul: No. We will be patient, Savage. I've waited so many years for my revenge, I can wait a little longer.
Savage Opress: But the Jedi will know that you have survived. They will be coming for us.
Darth Maul: I am counting on it.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: You know, when I cut you in half, I should have aimed for your neck.
- Darth Maul: Anything more to say?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I like your new legs. They make you look taller.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: We're outmatched.
- Asajj Ventress: You want to run?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I learned from watching you.
- Asajj Ventress: Funny.
Strength of character can defeat strength in numbers.
Maul: To continue, we need one singular vision…my vision.
Savage: Brother, let us share our strength. There is no need for dominance between us.
Maul: Always two there are, my brother—a Master, and an apprentice. And you are the apprentice.
- Maul: Three of your captains have joined me already.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Traitors, scum, I'm so proud, yet so ashamed.
- Maul: There is a price to pay for disobedience (he kills one of the captains with his lightsaber).
- Hondo Ohnaka: Let me warn you, you are not the first laser-sword wielding maniac I've had to deal with, and Hondo Ohnaka survives every time!
- Maul: We shall see.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Greetings Hondo.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Greetings? What kind of menace have you brought to my planet now? First, you lose the system and allow Grievous and his droids to march in and destroy my entire operation! Now, these two horny-headed freaks show up! Who are these horny-headed men anyway? They don't seem like normal Jedi.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Not Jedi, Sith. We tracked them to this location.
- Hondo Ohnaka: They just threatened to attack with a group of my men, my own men!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Yes, we can see them from here. It looks like they are headed your way.
- Hondo Ohnaka: You must help us Kenobi. You deal with the two horned men, and I will deal with my men.
- Hondo Ohnaka: (while being attacked by his men) Well, that settles it. Those traitors are no longer my men! I want their tongues!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Where are the rest of your men.
- Hondo Ohnaka: They are setting up an ambush. We can use your help, where is the other Jedi?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: She's...She's dead.
- Hondo Ohnaka: She's de...they're too powerful even for you. I am semi-speechless. (explosion occurs)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I'll lead the two away, you handle your men.
- Hondo Ohnaka: And leave you with the two crazies?...eh, ok.
- Maul: Jol, ready the men, we're leaving!
- Hondo Ohnaka: My men are not going anywhere! Look at them, how tough can they be? They're running away from Kenobi!
- Maul: You will pay for your insolence!
- Hondo Ohnaka: Insolence! (chuckles) We're pirates, we don't even know what that word means! Open fire, if we kill those two, their riches will be ours!
A War on Two Fronts [5.02]
Fear is a malleable weapon.
Steela: He fashions himself as our leader, though no one elected him.
- Anakin Skywalker: Snips, are you losing focus?
- Ahsoka Tano: No, Master.
- Anakin Skywalker: Good.
Front Runners [5.03]
To seek something is to believe in its possibility.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, remember what I told you about staying focused.
- Ahsoka Tano: I can't help it, Master.
- Anakin Skywalker: I understand.
- Ahsoka Tano: You do?
- Anakin Skywalker: I do. But try to remember, always put purpose ahead of your feelings.
The Soft War [5.04]
Struggles often begin and end with the truth.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I sense fear in you, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: The rebels are divided. If they try to rescue the king now, I'm afraid we might lose them.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: We cannot control their fate.
- Ahsoka Tano: It's just, they're risking their lives to save just one.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Do not underestimate the king's power. He represents hope and is critical to their success.
- Ahsoka Tano: I feel responsible for them.
- Anakin Skywalker: I know you do, Snips, but remember, purpose must come before feelings.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know, Master.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Step in only if you must, but remember, if this experiment is to become an effective strategy, they must learn to survive on their own.
- Ahsoka Tano: Yes, Master Kenobi. I understand.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know it's a hard choice, but I agree. Purpose must come before feelings.
Disobedience is a demand for change.
- Ahsoka Tano: Hondo! What are you doing here?
- Hondo Ohnaka: Ah, is that any way to greet me? I have brought a gift from Skywalker (opens crates) most highly advanced technology.
- Ahsoka Tano: Rocket Launchers!
- Hondo Ohnaka: Very expensive.
- Ahsoka Tano: (cautious) Paid for?
- Hondo Ohnaka: Very handsomely. (droids attack the compound) Oh, would you look at the time, gotta go.
The Gathering [5.06]
He who faces himself, finds himself.
- Master Yoda: A crystal you have found. Water you have brought.
- Petro: But that's impossible. It was my crystal. I was sure of it.
- Master Yoda: Mm. So certain were you. Go back and closer you must look.
- Petro: But the door is already half closed.
- Ahsoka Tano: Then you better hurry.
A Test of Strength [5.07]
The young are often underestimated.
- Hondo: What are you doing?
- Ahsoka Tano: Getting you off my ship.
Bound for Rescue
When we rescue others, we rescue ourselves.
A Necessary Bond
Choose your enemies wisely, as they may be your last hope.
- General Grievous: Hondo
- Hondo Ohnaka: General Grievous I presume. What a surprise. Have a seat. What may I ask is the honor?
- General Grievous: You can cease with the pleasantries, pirate! This planet [grabs Hondo by the shirt] is now under Separatist control.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Uh-uh and what do you suppose that means?
- General Grievous: It means you have a new master, pirate scum. [throws Hondo on the floor]
- Count Dooku: [via hologram] Hondo Ohnaka, we meet again. As I remember the last time we meet face to face I was your prisoner and you attempted to bargain me off to the highest bidder.
- Hondo Ohnaka: But can you blame me, I mean a Sith lord, what a handsome price you would of-
- Count Dooku: Silence. You are going to pay the price for your treachery.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Well I am a reasonably man, name the price. I'm sure we work something-
- Count Dooku: There will be payment, but no deal, only demands. Your entire arsenal will be melted down. Everything you own is now property of the Separatist Alliance.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Now you go too far, unacceptable! This is an outrage. [Grievous points to his bodyguards to contain Hondo] Now hold on we can make a deal. This is not good business!
Humility is the only defense against humiliation.
Mace Windu: You are our secret weapons.
A Sunny Day in the Void
When all seems hopeless, a true hero gives hope.
Missing in Action
A soldier's most powerful weapon is courage.
Point of No Return
You must trust in others or success is impossible.
One vision can have many interpretations.
- Pre-Visla: You're not Jedi, so what are you?
- Darth Maul: We are Sith.
- Pre-Visla: Do you serve Count Dooku?
- Darth Maul: I serve no one.
- Pre-Visla: I thought there can only be two Sith: a master and an apprentice?
- Darth Maul: We are the true lords of the Sith!
- Pre-Visla: What happened to your ship?
- Darth Maul: Destroyed by Jedi.
- Pre-Visla: Do you know which Jedi?
- Darth Maul: (angrily) Kenobi..
Shades of Reason
Alliances can stall true intentions.
- Darth Maul: (after crashing a Death Watch meeting) I challenge you, one warrior to another! And only the strongest shall rule Mandalore!
- Pre Visla: (after seeing his men give him concerning looks) so be it, give him his weapons (Bo-Katan gives Maul his lightsaber, Pre Visla ignites his) For Mandalore!
- Pre Visla: (before dying) like you said, only the strongest shall rule...
- [After Darth Maul kills Pre Vizsla and takes his sword]
- Darth Maul: I claim this sword, and my rightful place as leader of Death Watch!
- Bo-Katan Kryze: Never! No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!
- Darth Maul: If you will not join me, you will all die.
- [The Mandalorians turn on Kryze and her followers]
- Bo-Katan Kryze: You're all traitors!
- Darth Maul: Unfortunately for you, history will not see it that way. Execute them!
The Lawless [5.16]
Morality separates heroes from villains.
- Darth Maul: I sense a presence, a presence I haven't felt since... [realizes that Sidious is there] Master?! [Darth Sidious enters the throne room, incapacitating the guards as he does. Maul goes down on one knee] Master!
- Darth Sidious: I am most impressed to see that you have survived your injuries.
- Darth Maul: I used your training, Master, and I have built all this in hopes of returning to your side. [Sidious takes note of Savage Opress]
- Darth Sidious: How unfortunate that you are attempting to deceive me.
- Darth Maul: [confused] Master?
- Darth Sidious: You have become a RIVAL! [Force pushes Maul and Savage into a wall, laughs and releases them, so all ignite their lightsabers and fight]
- Darth Maul: [Sidious impales Savage Opress with his lightsabers] Brother!
- [Sidious force pushes Opress away and Maul runs towards his wounded brother and holds his hand]
- Savage Opress: [mortally wounded as his body turns back to its normal state] Brother, I am an unworthy apprentice. I'm not like you. I...never was. [dies. Maul looks stricken, then enraged as Sidious cackles behind him]
- Darth Sidious: [to Maul] Remember the first and only reality of the Sith; there can only be two...and you are no longer my apprentice.[Maul looks in anger at him] You have been replaced.
- [Maul and Sidious continue fighting, with Sidious defeating him]
- Darth Maul: [Pleading] Have mercy! Please, please!
- Darth Sidious: There is no mercy. [tortures Maul with Force Lightning] Do not worry, I'm not going to kill you. I have...other uses for you. [laughs as he continues torturing Maul]
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, that's the last time I borrow a ship from you.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: You can kill me, but you will never destroy me. It takes strength to resist the dark side. Only the weak embrace it.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Satine.
- Duchess Satine: Remember, my dear Obi-Wan. . . I've loved you always. I always will.
Sometimes even the smallest doubt can shake the greatest belief.
- Ahsoka Tano: Look out, incoming missiles.
- Anakin Skywalker: No problem. [Gets hits and fighter coats with buzz droids] Uh. . . slight problem.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, I got buzz droids. How bad did you get hit?
- Ahsoka Tano: I'm all clear.
- Anakin Skywalker: What? You always have it easy, Snips.
- Anakin Skywalker: Just keep watching and learning, Padawan. [A buzz droid begins drilling through the floor of the ship] Uh-oh.
- Ahsoka Tano: You're trailing smoke. What's wrong?
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, nothing serious. Just a small malfunction. Ugh! [Fighter gets electrocuted and Anakin is knocked unconscious]
The Jedi Who Knew Too Much [5.18]
Courage begins by trusting oneself.
- Anakin Skywalker: Belay that order, Commander Fox.
- Commander Fox: She's killed troopers.
- Captain Rex: I know Commander Tano. She would never do something like this.
- Commander Fox: Then who did?
- Anakin Skywalker: [To Commander Fox and Captain Rex] Quiet! [To Ahsoka] Ahsoka! It's me, Anakin. Stop running.
- Ahsoka Tano: You can't help me, Master. Someone's setting me up.
- Anakin Skywalker: I believe you, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: But no one else will.
- Anakin Skywalker: Do not shoot to kill. Do not shoot to kill!
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, what are you doing?
- Ahsoka Tano: You didn't even try to come and help me.
- Anakin Skywalker: They wouldn't let me in to talk to you.
- Ahsoka Tano: You could have if you tried.
- Anakin Skywalker: How would that look, Ahsoka, huh? Forcing my way in would've make you look even more guilty.
- Ahsoka Tano: I'm not guilty!
- Anakin Skywalker: Then we have to prove you're innocent. The only way we can do that is by going back.
- Ahsoka Tano: I don't know who to trust.
- Anakin Skywalker: Listen, I would never let anyone hurt you, Ahsoka, never. But you need to come back and make your case to the Council.
- Ahsoka Tano: No. I am not going to take the fall for something I didn't do!
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, I am ordering you to put down your lightsaber and come with me now! Trust me.
- Captain Rex: General Skywalker, where are you?
- Ahsoka Tano: I do trust you. But you know as well as I do that no one else will believe me. Anakin, you have to trust me now.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, I do trust you.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know you do. Wish me luck. [Jumps from the sewer to a ship heading down to the Underworld]
To Catch a Jedi
Never become desperate enough to trust the untrustworthy
The Wrong Jedi [5.20]
Never give up hope, no matter how dark things seem.
Temple Guard: Cease hostilities!
Clone Shock Trooper: BLAST COMMANDER TA-AAAUGH! *is decapitated*
- Anakin Skywalker: You've already made your decision, haven't you? This meeting is just a formality! [Obi-Wan sighs]
- Master Yoda: Reached a decision, we have - though not in total agreement, are we.
- Mace Windu: It is the Council's opinion that Padawan Ahsoka Tano has committed sedition against the Republic, and thus, she will be expelled from the Jedi Order.
- Anakin Skywalker: You can't do this!
- Master Mundi: Your Padawan status will be stripped from you, and you shall forfeit all rank and privileges within the Grand Army of the Republic. You will be turned over to the Republic courts and whatever punishments they will set for you. [A guard tears a strand of beads from Ahsoka's hair as tears cloud her eyes] Henceforth, you are barred from the Jedi Order.
- Barriss Offee: I did it. Because I've come to realize what many people in the Republic have come to realize. That the Jedi are the ones responsible for this War. That we've so lost our way that we have become villains in this conflict. That we are the ones that should be put on trial, all of us! And my attack on the Temple was an attack on what the Jedi have become. An army fighting for the Dark Side, fallen from the Light that we once held so dear. This Republic is failing! It's only a matter of time.
- Master Yoda: Back into the Order you may come.
- Anakin Skywalker: They're asking you back, Ahsoka. [Holds out Ahsoka's hair beads to her] I'm asking you back. [Ahsoka looks from Anakin to the hair beads and back again before closing Anakin's hand around the beads. Anakin looks hurt]
- Ahsoka Tano: I'm sorry, Master, but I'm not coming back.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, wait! Ahsoka, I need to talk to you. [Catches up to Ahsoka who stops and turns to Anakin. Anakin sighs] Why are you doing this?
- Ahsoka Tano: The Council didn't trust me, so how can I trust myself?
- Anakin Skywalker: What about me? I believed in you. I stood by you.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know you believe in me, Anakin, and I'm grateful for that. But this isn't about you. I can't stay here any longer, not now.
- Anakin Skywalker: The Jedi Order is your life. You can't just throw it away like this. Ahsoka, you are making a mistake.
- Ahsoka Tano: Maybe, but I have to sort this out on my own, without the Council and without you.
- Anakin Skywalker: I understand. More than you realize, I understand wanting to walk away from the Order.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know. [She turns and Anakin watches her until she disappears down the steps of the Jedi Temple]
The truth about yourself is the hardest to accept.
- Rex: Tup, can you hear me?
- Tup: (tied up) Yes captain.
- Rex: What happened out there?
- Tup: What...What do you mean?
- Rex: Do you have any idea what you've done?
- Tup: (going into a trance, repeating himself) Good soldiers follow orders, good soldiers follow orders, good soldiers follow orders.
- Kix: What is he talking about?
- Rex: I have no idea
- Count Dooku: My lord, I have received a report that leads me to conclude that there may be a grave complication with one of our assets.
- Darth Sidious: Assets?
- Count Dooku: Yes sir, a clone trooper has executed one of the Jedi Generals
- Darth Sidious: And you believe this is indicative of our programming?
- Count Dooku: I do my lord, but I cannot be certain.
- Darth Sidious: It is pertinent that we ascertain whether or not this was an isolated event in the failure of this particular clones programming, otherwise my plans will be ruined. Seize the clone immediately.
- Count Dooku: Yes, my master.
The wise benefit from a second opinion.
When in doubt, go to the source.
The popular belief isn't always the correct one.
- Fives: General Skywalker, Rex, Thank you for trusting me, and you didn't come with troops?
- Anakin Skywalker: We have.
- Fives: Put down your weapons then!
- Anakin Skywalker: I don't think so
- Fives: Please sir, please. I'm unarmed.
- Rex: (after Anakin sheaths his lightsaber) Alright, I'm putting my pistols down (sets pistols down)
- Anakin Skywalker: What are we here for Fives?
- Fives: I need your help
- Anakin Skywalker: We know, we know you're not well. It's been rough for you these past couple of days.
- Fives: I'm not crazy! please sir, just...please hear what I have to say.
- Anakin Skywalker: We're here to help you Fives, just let us take you back to the temple. (Fives traps them in a ray shield) No!
- Fives: I just need you to listen to me, please!
- Anakin Skywalker: I'm not sure we have a choice now!
- Fives: I was framed, because I know the truth! The truth about a plot, a massive deception.
- Rex: By whom?
- Fives: Well, there's a sinister plot in the works against the Jedi! I have proof of it, I can prove that everything I know is true beyond the shadow of a doubt!
- Anakin Skywalker: Show me the evidence!
- Fives: (points to his head) The evidence is in here, it's all in here, every one of us, every clone!
- Rex: What is it?
- Fives: Organic chips, built into our genetic code to make us do whatever someone wants, even kill the Jedi! It's all in here!
- Anakin Skywalker: Let's just get you some help first, then we can review everything. You'll be Ok, Fives. Let's sort this out.
- Fives: YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME!
- Rex: Fives, we are listening to you. We only want to help.
- Fives: How do I know you're not tricking me? How do I know it won't be a trap! The chancellor tried to kill me!
- Anakin Skywalker: The Chancellor?
- Fives: He's in on it! I don't know to what extent, but I know he orchestrated much of this. He told me in the medical bay!
- Anakin Skywalker: He told you, right after you tried to assassinate him! You've gone too far now Fives, the Chancellor isn't capable of something like this.
- Fives': He is! I swear to you General, you have no idea...
- Commander Fox: (come out of shadows with shock troopers) Stand down soldier! Stand down! Get on your knees!
- Fives: No, no, no! Stay back! (looks at his gun)
- Commander Fox: Don't do it soldier, don't do it!
- Fives: GET AWAY FROM ME! (aims pistol)
- Rex: Fives, no! (Fives gets shot and falls) Fives!
- Anakin Skywalker: Get this ray shield off, now! (soldiers shoot ray shield, Rex attends to Fives)
- Rex: Fives, brother, (to soldiers) call for help, we need a medic!
- Fives: Rex, this, it's...bigger than any of us. Bigger than anything I could have imagined. I didn't mean....I only wanted to do my duty. (begins dying)
- Rex: No Fives, come on stay with me. Stay with me Fives! Fives!
- Fives: The mission....The nightmares...are...finally over. (dies in Rex's arms)
- Rex: Fives, no come on Fives. Stay with me Fives. Don't go, don't go, please, brother...
- Count Dooku: It is done master. The clone in question is now dead, and the Jedi are still unsuspecting of our plan.
- Darth Sidious: Good, destroy the evidence. When the time comes, no one will be able to stop our plan to execute Order 66. (laughs maniacally)
An Old Friend
To love is to trust. To trust is to believe.
The Rise of Clovis
Jealousy is the path to chaos.
Crisis at the Heart
Deceit is the weapon of greed.
Commander Thorn: For the Republic!
Padme Amidala: Clovis, what is going on?
Rush Clovis: I didn't want this to happen.
Count Dooku: Why don't you tell her what you did want and how you got it?
Padme Amidala: Dooku?
Count Dooku: Hasn't she joined our cause? Clovis tells me of how instrumental you were to his rise to power.
Padme Amidala: If I had known...
Count Dooku: Either you are with us, or against us. Arrest her! (his guards take her)
Bec Lawise: We can't do this Dooku, the Separatist Senate would never approve.
Battle Droid: (Padme takes his gun and points it at Dooku) Hey!
Bec Lawise: (Dooku uses the force and makes Padme point it at Bec) No! No! No! (she shoots him)
Padme Amidala: (gasps) no!
Rush Clovis: Are you insane, this wasn't part of the deal?
Padme Amidala: What deal, what is going on?
Count Dooku: He's given us the banks, squandered our debts, and took control away from the Republic.
Padme Amidala: All this time, your idealism, just lies!
Rush Clovis: You wouldn't understand.
Count Dooku: Everyone has a price, my dear.
- Darth Sidious: Lord Tyranus, the Republic fleet will arrive shortly.
- Count Dooku: Very good my lord, the entire operation has been orchestrated to make it look like Clovis was behind everything.
- Darth Sidious: And when this is over, the Republic will place the banks under the control of the Supreme Chancellor. (laughs maniacally)
The Disappeared, Part I
Without darkness there can be no light.
The Disappeared, Part II
Wisdom is born in fools as well as wise men.
The Lost One
What is lost is often found.
- Darth Sidious: Tell me, why are the Jedi looking for Master Sifo-Dyas? What trail are they following?
- Count Dooku: If there is a trail, it is unknown to me.
- Darth Sidious: Retrace your steps, find this loose end, and eliminate them.
- Count Dooku: Yes, my master.
- Darth Sidious: This is not the first time you have disappointed me, my apprentice. (begins force choking Dooku through the hologram) You know the price you will pay if you shall fail (ends hologram, Dooku can breathe again).
Anakin Skywalker: Dooku! For once, you came to do your own dirty work.
Count Dooku: Sometimes, things are just that important.
Prime Minister Long: You have no business with the pikes, Tyranus.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: (surprised) Tyranus? You are the man called Tyranus?
Count Dooku: I told you everything you needed to know on Geonosis all of those years ago. Sifo Dyas understood, that is why he helped me.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: You lie. Minister Long, if you want to help us now would be the time.
Prime Minister: Kill Tyranus! (his men open fire)
Madness can sometimes be the path to truth.
Death is just the beginning.
Facing all that you fear will free you from yourself.
Cast and characters
- Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker
- Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano
- James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Plo Koon, R2-D2
- Dee Bradley Baker as all Clone Troopers, Captain Rex
- Matthew Wood as General Grievous and All Battle Droids
- Tom Kane as the narrator, Yoda
- Al Rodrigo as Quinlan Vos
- Angelique Perrin as Adi Gallia
- Blair Bless as Even Piell
- Brian George as Ki-Adi-Mundi
- Chris Edgerly as Eeth Koth
- Dee Bradley Baker as Saesee Tiin
- Flo DiRe as Jocasta Nu
- Jennifer Hale as Aayla Secura
- Meredith Salenger as Barriss Offee
- Olivia d'Abo as Luminara Unduli
- Phil LaMarr as Kit Fisto
- Tasia Valenza as Shaak Ti
- Terrence C. Carson as Mace Windu
- Tom Kenny as Nadar Vebb
- Ahmed Best as Jar Jar Binks
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Catherine Taber as Padmé Amidala
- Dee Bradley Baker as Onaconda Farr, Commander Cody
- Jameelah McMillan as Halle Burtoni
- James C. Mathis III as Gregar Typho
- Jennifer Hale as Riyo Chuchi
- Lloyd Sherr as The Father
- Kath Soucie as Mon Mothma
- Phil LaMarr as Bail Organa
- Stephen Stanton as Mas Amedda, Wilhuff Tarkin
- Tom Kane as Admiral Wullf Yularen
- Tom Kenny as Silood and Tan Divo