|This scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It is, indeed an incredible fact that what the human mind, at its deepest and most profound, perceives as beautiful finds its realization in external nature.… What is intelligible is also beautiful.
- From a lecture, "Beauty and the Quest for Beauty in Science" given at the International Symposium in recognition of Robert R. Wilson on April 27, 1979 at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, Batavia, Illinois.
- All the standard equations of mathematical physics can be solved in the Kerr spacetime.
- From Chandrasekhar's Nobel lecture, in his summary of his work on black holes.
- God is man's greatest invention.