Sucker Punch (film)
(Redirected from Suckerpunch (film))
- Written by: Zack Snyder and Steve Shibuya
- Directed by: Zack Snyder
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
The Wise Man/The General/The Bus Driver
- This is your journey, if you succeed, it will set you free.
- If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
- Remember, don't ever write a check with your mouth you can't cash with your ass.
- For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered will never know.
- Everyone has an Angel. A Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take, one day old man, next day little girl, but don't let appearances fool you. They can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our hearts. Reminding that it's us. Its every one of us who holds power over the world we create.
- We can deny angels exist; convince ourselves they can't be real. But they show up anyway, at strange places and at strange times. They can speak through any character we can imagine. They'll shout through demons if they have to, daring us, challenging us to fight!
- And finally this question, the mystery of who's story it will be. Of who draws the curtain. Who is it that chooses our steps in the dance? Who drives us mad? Lashes us with whips and crowns us with victory when we survive the impossible? Who is it, that does all of these things?
- Who honors those we love with the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us and at the same time sings that we'll never die? Who teaches us what's real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us and who holds the key to set us free? It's you. You have all the weapons you need. Now fight!
Dr. Vera Gorski
- It's like we talked about. You control this world. Let the pain go, let the hurt go, let the guilt go. What you are imagining right now, that world you control. That place can be as real as any pain.
- If you do not dance you have no purpose. And we don't keep things here that have no purpose. You see, your fight for survival starts right now. You don't want to be judged? You won't be. You don't think you're strong enough? You are. You're afraid. Don't be. You have all the weapons you need. Now fight.
- Sweet Pea: This can't be. We did everything right.
- Baby Doll: A map, a fire, a knife, a key, one thing more, one thing more. It's me.
- Sweet Pea: What?
- Baby Doll: [a breathy 'Oh'] Oh it's me,of course it's me. It's the only way this ever coulda been prevented.
- Sweet Pea: What do you mean?
- Baby Doll: I'm saying you go home, go to your family. You tell your mom what Rocket said, make her happy. Go out and live a normal life. Love, be free, you have to live for all of us now.
- Sweet Pea: Baby, no, you can't...
- Baby Doll: Yes Sweet Pea, you're the strongest. You're the only one of us who ever had a chance out there. You're going home and leaving, that's how we win. It's ok, it's better this way. Now listen, I'm gonna walk out there and when they come after me, you go, ok?
- Sweet Pea: There's gotta be another way.
- Baby Doll: No, this is right. This was never my story, it's yours. Now don't screw it up ok?
- Rocket: Have you ever wanted to just take something back? You know, something you said, something you did?
- Baby Doll: All the time.
- Sweet Pea: [after Babydoll has danced for the first time] All that gyrating and moaning... a dance should be more about titillation. Mine's personal, it says who I am. What the heck does yours say?
- Baby Doll: I'm gonna escape from here.
- Sweet Pea: There are armed guards everywhere! And if Blue finds out, we're dead!
- Rocket: We're already dead.
- You will be unprepared.
- When life sucks, punch it.
- Reality is a prison. Your mind can set you free.
- Close your eyes, open your mind.