Summer Heights High
Summer Heights High is an Australian mockumentary television series, which originally aired on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation from 5 September to 24 October 2007. Written by and starring Chris Lilley, the series is a satirical parody of high school life epitomised by its three protagonists: effeminate and megalomaniac "Director of Performing Arts" Mr G; self-absorbed, privileged teenager Ja'mie King; and disobedient, vulgar Tongan student Jonah Takalua. It lampoons Australian high school life and many aspects of the human condition and is filmed in a documentary style, with non-actors playing supporting characters.
- Ja'mie: [giving a speech at the school assembly] I come from one of the most expensive private girls' schools in the state, but I'm actually really cool. Please don't be intimidated by me. People always go, "Private schools create better citizens," but I would say they create better-quality citizens. Studies have shown that students from private schools are more likely to get into uni and end up making a lot more money, while wife-beaters and rapists are nearly all public-school-educated. Sorry, no offence, but it's true.
- Doug: How is it OK for you to bully Ben?
- Jonah: 'Cause he's a ranga.
- Doug: A what?!
- Jonah: A ranga, sir. 'Cause he's got red hair. Orangutan, that's what we call them.
- Doug: And does that make it OK for him to be bullied, because he has red hair?
- Jonah: Well, people are racist to FOBs...
- Leon: To us.
- Jonah: So... so we can be racist to rangas.
- Doug: But redheads aren't a race, Jonah.
- Leon: But, sir, there's heaps of 'em. They're everywhere.
- Ja'mie: They set me up with this girl called Ashley, and she's supposed to, like, take me to classes and introduce me to her friends and stuff. And seriously, like, I don't wanna be a bitch, but she's, like, the fugliest girl I've ever met in my life.
- Ja'mie: I just don't wanna be in classrooms with, like, no air conditioning and, like, asbestos in the roof and stuff. And no... And just crap desks and, like, skanky bogans everywhere and sluts and...
- Ja'mie: What would you choose: Giant tits, or... or... fat with no tits?
- Holly: Look, I think I'd say giant tits because...
- Ja'mie: Giant tits, yeah. What was I thinking?
- Jess: Would you ever go out with a fat guy?
- Holly: Yeah.
- Ja'mie: No way! No offence, but I seriously hate all fat people.
- Mr G: [about a student who overdosed with ecstasy, Annabel] She was into the boys in a big way. Um... she was what the kids would call a slut. Which is a terrible thing to say about someone who's just died, but, um... apparently, there's no denying she was one.