And So the Day Begins (2)
- [Jay confronts a drunk Bradin.]
- Jay: You should be careful of man eating lawn chairs. They have a nasty habit of jumping out at you. Especially when you can't walk a straight line.
- Ian Straub: You might want to count to 10 before leaving Ian Straub.
- Ava: You might want to put a little safety zone between yourself and Ava Gregory.
- Ava: I'm taking her back to Kansas. That will get her out of her room.
- Jay: Sure it will and she will have learned that if you throw a big enough tantrum the world will bend to your will.
- Susannah: And the fact that that happens to be true is something she is much too young to know.
Into My Life
- Bradin: I can't believe the waiter bought that line.
- Sarah: I can't believe you find it so inconcievable that we are celebrating our three year anniversary.
- Bradin: And have a baby to rush home too? C'mon...
- [Having hurt his foot, Bradin gets a Band-Aid from the lifeguard.]
- Bradin: Cowboys?
- Doctor: I also have Barbie.
The Grass Is Greener Than You Think
- Susannah: [to Ava] Okay. When your dad says don't see that boy who's the first boy you wanna see?
- Johnny: I think that would've been me.
- Ava, Susannah: Yeah.
- Nikki: I don't have to get naked, do I?
- Ava: For a facial...no.
- Susannah: Good morning.
- Ava: Ahh! You scared me!
- Susannah: Guess I did. Glad I didn't do what I originally planned which was jump out of the closet with a knife.
Kicking and Screaming
- Cameron: You don't have to do this, if you don't want to
- Nikki: Who says I don't want to?
- Cameron: [to Patrick] Hey, easy there, slick.
- Cameron: You called me a jellyfish.
- Nikki: I guess you didn't hear what I said next. I said that you were the best jellyfish in the entire ocean.
- Cameron: Is that supposed to be a complement?
- Amber: (to Nikki) What you would want me to say. That you and Cameron are really tight and you didn't want to diss him in front of that creep Patrick.
- Susannah: I got offered a job today. A real job.
- Johnny: As apposed to your fake job with Ava?
- Nikki: Okay. Cameron seems to have forgotten that I'm still alive, and that leaves me down to one friend in this seaside community and guess who that is... Amber.
- Bradin: Amber, interesting. The girl you almost killed at the beach party?
- Nikki: The very same. Ironic, huh?
Life in a Fishbowl
- Susannah: It's no wonder I haven't had a date since the Jurassic.
- Nikki: Can the ulitimate player find love in just one girl?
- Cameron: Well, maybe that girl.
- Cameron: Well, um, is there something you wanted?
- Nikki: Please, Cameron, one more chance?
- Cameron: We're just, we just keep going round and round here.
- Nikki: But we keep coming back.
- Nikki: Oh, it's ugly, and I don't want it that way. I mean, if Cameron likes Jordan, then I guess he doesn't like me anymore.
- Nikki: [to Johnny] But, do you think that men and women can really just be friends? Like you and Aunt Ava you're just friends and there's obviously more going on there, no offense. But do you think that you can have those feeling for someone, and forget about them?
On the Last Night of Summer
The Wisdom to Know the Difference
- Ava: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
I Am the Walrus
- Nikki: Can we be excused?
- Derrick: So you adults can talk.
- Susannah: May we be excused?
- Simon: [to Ava and Jay] So you adults can talk.
Life Goes On
Mr. and Mrs. Who
- Ava: Yesterday, I found his lufa in the tub!
- Susanna: Great, now I have to spend the rest of my life thinking about Simon with a lufa.
- Colby: I suspected he exfoliated.
- Bradin: Come on wait up.
- Callie: NO.
- Bradin: This was an accident. It's no big deal.
- Callie: Thats the problem, it's never a big deal to you but it's a big deal to me.
- Bradin: Callie you make everything a big deal.
- Callie: Well thanks for understanding Bradin.
- Bradin: Look I know things have gotten complicated.
- Callie: Well you've got that right.
- Bradin: But ever since you told me how you feel I've been trying to do everything you want.
- Callie: That was humiliating.
- Bradin: I'm sorry. I didn't ask for my aunt to walk in on us.
- Callie: Imagine what she thinks of me.
- Bradin: She thinks you're great. This doesn't change anything.
- Callie: I wish I could believe that.
Where There's a Will, There's a Wave
Leaving Playa Linda
- Susannah: Hey Bradin, let me show you something really cool in another part of the house that's still within earshot!
- Ava: I do not know if I can compete with ice cream and Oreos but here goes. If Cameron says it's not about you, maybe it isn't.
- Nikki: Maybe but he isn't talking.
- Ava: He's a guy. They often take the emotionally inarticulate route.
The Space Between Us
- Susannah: [to Nikki and Cameron] Well, don't do anything I wouldn't do.
- '[[Ava hits Susannah.]
- Ava: Go ahead, enjoy yourselves.
- Susannah: What did I say?
- Ava: Do you have to shine a light on their raging hormones?
Careful What You Wish For
What's Past Is Prologue
Ava: I love you, I am totally and completely in love with you
Johnny: Ava, if this is about me moving out -
Ava: Johnny, you could move out and move back in ten thousand times and would not change the way that I feel. Anything can happen, I mean if any two people know that its us. I just, I don't want to keep going round and round, and I don't wanna fight with you anymore.
Johnny: I love you too. And I'm sorry I haven't been able to say it, it's just with everything that's happened I've been cautious...
Ava: I know.