- Kind of like the difference between making love and masturbation, I'd say.
- Responding to the question "What to you is the difference between stage and film?" in Inside the Actors Studio, Season 4, Episode 13 (aired 15 November 1998)
- It's great to see people who find joy in service and don't close their eyes and aren't afraid.
- Religion is not black and white. It's much more complicated. Spirituality is much bigger than that. God is much bigger than that. I don't believe in a wrathful God. I believe he's much more forgiving and inclusive than some religions. The things that are done in her name or his name are horrible.
- "'The Power of One' : Interview with Susan Sarandon" at Belief.net
- Every relationship starts out with a dream of what you think it's going to be, and you either have the tool kit when you get to the hard spots where you'll make it through, or you need to move on.
- I look forward to being older, when what you look like becomes less and less an issue and what you are is the point.
- Children reinvent your world for you.
- Do you really have to be the ice queen intellectual or the slut whore? Isn't there some way to be both?
- Making love is like hitting a baseball. You just gotta relax and concentrate.
- We stand a chance of getting a president who has probably killed more people before he gets into office than any president in the history of the United States.