(Redirected from Taleban)
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We strongly condemn the events that happened in the United States at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. We share the grief of all those who have lost their nearest and dearest in these incidents. All those responsible must be brought to justice. We want them to be brought to justice, and we want America to be patient and careful in their actions.
- Embassy of the Islamic Emirate of Afganistan in Islamabad (12 September 2001)
- The Taliban at least brought peace to the country.… Where were they [Hollywood personalities] when all these women were being raped, when women were being killed because they were not following the Muslim Brotherhood? Where were they before the war when women didn't have rights? Where were they throughout the war when women were rotting in the refugee camps? For nearly 20 years in Afghanistan there has been no law, no order. We lost almost 2 million people to the Russians. The women don't want to be saved.… Finally they have peace, and people in America find religion on the issue of women in Afghanistan?
- American public relations advisor Leila Helms, in Washington Post (30 March 1999) "A Cause Unveiled" by Sharon Waxman
- Iran is now supporting the Taliban, and in the Middle Eastern view of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
- Admiral Michael Mullen, "Top US Military Officer Says Iran Threat Must be Addressed". Voice of America. 31 July 2007. Retrieved on 2007-07-31.