I love some of these quotes. I'm going to use them to try to convince my smothering Freecycle mods to back off a little!
Eric Ottawa Freecycle http://tcm.com/ofn/?wikiquote
--188.8.131.52 00:36, 29 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Got myself an id!!! --Egstcm 00:38, 29 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- "Never ignore an advice or a comment before thinking longly whether it is helpful for you." ~ Nguyen Huy Dung
- There is no cramming for the test of life.
- When a man comes to me for advice, I find out the kind of advice he wants, and I give it to him.
- When your mother asks, "Do you want a piece of advice?" it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway.
- Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it.
- Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have been waiting for centuries for somebody ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.
- Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
- He who can take advice is sometimes superior to him who can give it.
- When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.
- In giving advice seek to help, not to please, your friend.
- The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right.
- No one wants advice - only corroboration.
- Advice is generally much better received when the advisor is entertaining.
- Anonymous from http://advice.com
- Advice after injury is like medicine after death.
- Danish proverb
- A woman's advice is a poor thing, but he is a fool who does not take it.
- Spanish proverb
- Never give advice — a wise man won't need it, a fool won't heed it.
- Good advice is better than bad advice, if you know the difference.