Please include some of the fables found in the legends of Indian Sub-continent. Cultural diversity is perhaps much diverse in this part of globe. India, especially is a rich treasure of fables.
- This esop. Whole fables would be too much to include on any page and should be in a sister prjoect like Wikisource. Will Beback 01:21, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
The complete (extent) works of Aesop are known. The fables are the entirety of his works. So if a quotation isn't in one of his fables it is probably misattributed. Since the language is usally fairly simple, it should be possible to search across many translations. Will Beback 01:21, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- It is with our passions, as it is with fire and water, they are good servants but bad masters.
- The smaller the mind the greater the conceit.
- We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
- What a splendid head, yet no brain.
- Injuries may be forgiven, but not forgotten.
- United we stand, divided we fall.