Talk:Al Franken/Archive 1
- "And by the way, a few months ago, I trademarked the word 'funny.' So when Fox calls me 'unfunny,' they're violating my trademark. I am seriously considering a countersuit."
- response to Fox's trademark infringement suit over Franken's use of the words "fair and balanced" in Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them
- "I think if you're going to do a movie about Reagan, you do it about the fact that he created the huge deficit, that he armed the Mujahideen, that he armed Saddam, that he armed Iran, that he armed two-thirds of the Axis of Evil, and that he funded terrorists in Central America. He was, in my mind, a terrible president."
- "Most of us here in the media are what I call infotainers...Rush Limbaugh is what I call a disinfotainer. He entertains by spreading disinformation."
- "Drug war, well, as Rush Limbaugh said, anyone who uses drugs illegally should be prosecuted and put away. I don't agree with him: I think they should be treated, but that's what Rush believes and so, you know, we're praying for Rush because he's in recovery and you take responsibilities for your actions so I'm sure any day now Rush will demand to be put away for the maximum sentence and ask for the most dangerous prison and we'll be praying for maybe an African American cellmate who saw the Donovan McNabb comments on ESPN. So we're prayin'."
- "There's no liberal echo chamber in this country. There's a right-wing echo chamber. I want to create a countervailing echo chamber."
As Stuart Smalley (unsourced)
Stuart Smalley was a fictional character, invented and performed by Franken on the television series Saturday Night Live and the motion picture Stuart Saves His Family. The following are catchphrases attributed to the character.
- "That's just stinkin' thinkin!"
- "You're should-ing all over yourself."
- "Whining is just anger coming out of a very small opening."
- "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
- "I am a worthy human being."
- "I'm going to die homeless, penniless, and 30 pounds overweight."
- "It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole world."
- "When you assume, you make an ass out of Uma Thurman. Isn't that cute?"