- I'd rather be alone with a schizophrenic than a psychiatrist.
- In the serene world of mental illness, modern man no longer communicates with the madman: on one hand, the man of reason delegates the physician to madness, thereby authorizing a relation only through the abstract universality of disease; on the other, the man of madness communicates with society only by the intermediary of an equally abstract reason which is order, physical and moral constraint, the anonymous pressure of the group, the requirements of conformity. As for a common language, there is no such thing; or rather, there is no such thing any longer.
- Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.
- Labeling a child as mentally ill is stigmatization, not diagnosis. Giving a child a psychiatric drug is poisoning, not treatment.
- The only difference between the Sane and the Insane, is IN and yet within this world, the Sane have the power to have the Insane locked up.