- Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.
- God bless America. God save the Queen. God defend New Zealand and thank Christ for Australia.
- Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas.
- Thanks for finding these. I've added them to the main article. Orthogonal1 (talk) 21:13, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
I'm not quite sure why some of the quotes were selected as captions. They appear to me to be inappropriate - and I previously changed some of the captions to more neutral descriptions of some landmarks from Australia. Now they are changed back to inflammatory quotes about the country that seem to me to violate NPOV. ~ UDScott (talk) 15:17, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- I have just had a short time to glance at things presently, but I definitely agree many of these captions are very inappropriate, and have apparently selected to be defamatory and inflammatory, and should definitely not be provided such leading prominence as some of them have. I don’t have time now to do a thorough review, or attempt at revision, as I must be leaving soon. ~ ♞☤☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 15:29, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- I've removed the inflammatory quotes from the captions for the time being. I wasn't aware people would object to them so harshly. Regards, Illegitimate Barrister 20:11, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
White Australia/Fred Phelps deletions
I have deleted all quotes about the White Australia policy, and from Fred Phelphs of the Westboro Baptist Church. I have removed the White Australia quotes, because there were way too many of them, not to mention the fact that they were all in support of a White Australia. As an Australian who is vehemently opposed to the White Australia policies of long ago, I realise that there may be a conflict of interest, but I think that it is fair to say that while there is still much racism in Australia, there are very few supporters of a White Australia nowadays.
The quotes from Fred Phelps about hating Australia didn't really provide much value, in my opinion. The Westboro Baptist Church hates practically everyone, and I don't really see the point of including this information in the article on Australia. Orthogonal1 (talk) 06:55, 4 April 2015 (UTC)