Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Christopher Morley.
- A man who has never made a woman angry is a failure in life.
- April prepares her green traffic light, and the world thinks GO!
- Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.
- My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated, but not signed.
- No man is lonely while eating spaghetti — it requires too much attention.
- No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversations as a dog does.
- In every man's heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty.
- The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets.
- Lord! when you sell a man a book you don't sell just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life. Love and friendship and humour and ships at sea by night - there's all heaven and earth in a book, a real book.
- The greatest poem ever known
Is one all poets have outgrown:
The poetry, innate, untold,
Of being only four years old.
- We've had bad luck with our kids - they've all grown up.
- All cities are mad: but the madness is gallant. All cities are beautiful: but the beauty is grim.
- High heels were invented by a woman who had been kissed on the forehead.
- Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity.
- Dancing is wonderful training for girls, it's the first way you learn to guess what a man is going to do before he does it.