Talk:Edward Everett Hale
- "Do you pray for the Senators, Dr. Hale?" someone asked the chaplain. "No, I look at the Senators and pray for the country."
- Even with all my wrinkles! I am beautiful!
- In the name of Hypocrites, doctors have invented the most exquisite form of torture ever known to man: survival.
- Never bear more than one kind of trouble at a time. Some people bear three — all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have.
- Sometimes your medicine bottle has on it, "Shake well before using." That is what God has to do with some of His people. He has to shake them well before they are ever usable.
- Wise anger is like fire from a flint: there is great ado to get it out; and when it does come, it is out again immediately.
- Tell the truth.
Do not talk about your own affairs.
Talk to the person who talks to you.
Do not under-rate her.
At dinner talk to the person on each side of you.