- My worst mistake was the stupid suburban prejudice of anti-Semitism, all along.
- Quoted in Composed on the tongue, "Encounters will Ezra Pound" by Allen Ginsberg
- Nothing written for pay is worth printing. ONLY what has been written AGAINST the market.
- The art of letters will come to an end before A.D. 2000. I shall survive as a curiosity.
- Properly, we should read for power. Man reading should be man intensely alive. The book should be a ball of light in one's hand.
- The apparitions of these faces in the crowd;
Petals on a wet, black bough.
- Poets who are not interested in music are, or become, bad poets.