The quotes currently in the Sourced section rather than the Attributed section that do not specifically cite a work are there because I'm confident that a little work with a search engine will reveal more specific data for those entries. I just don't have time to find it today. It's going on my to do list, though. Pipedreamergrey 12:17, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
- Fantasy is literature for teenagers.
- When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.
- You wish to see the distant realms? Very well. But know this first, the places you will visit, the places you will see, do not exist. For there are only two worlds - your world, which is the real world, and other worlds, the fantasy. Worlds like this one, worlds of the human imagination. Their reality, or lack of reality is not important. What is important is that they are there. These worlds provide an alternative. Provide an escape. Provide a threat. Provide a dream, and power, provide refuge and pain. They give your world meaning. They do not exist; and thus they are all that matters. Do you understand?"
- Fantasies are more than substitutes for unpleasant reality; they are also dress rehearsals, plans. All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination.
- To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful.
- All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination.
- Without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we to play of imagination is incalculable.
- We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.
- I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
- Everyone must have a fantasy.