I deleted several quotes from this article. I deleted them because they were not about hate itself, but simply quotes which happened to have the word "hate" within them. I'll put those quotes up here on the talk page. If anyone feels that any of these quotes are still relevant to the idea of hate itself, and not just hating or not hating something, put those back into the article, but please don't just add them all back.
Ugh. I hate screaming kids. --- Guy Ritchie
I hate quotation. Tell me what you know. --- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies --- W.L. George
I hate it when I see one of those road signs that says "Draw Bridge Ahead" and I don't have a pencil. --- Lou Chiafullo
A sex symbol becomes a thing. I hate being a thing. --- Marilyn Monroe
I hate people. People make me pro-nuclear --- Margaret Smith
Never hate your enemies ... it will cloud your thinking. --- Michael Corleone Godfather III
I love to travel, But hate to arrive. --- Albert Einstein
I hate crowds and making speeches. I hate facing cameras and having to answer to a crossfire of questions. Why popular fancy should seize upon me, a scientist, dealing in abstract things and happy if left alone, is a manifestation of mass psychology that is beyond me. --- Albert Einstein
I'm not playing him to make people hate him for his attitude or make them like him. I'm just playing his attitude as truthfully as I know how. --- Carroll O'Connor
We spend all our time searching for security, and then we hate it when we get it. --- John Steinbeck
I hate people, but I love gatherings. --- Death Knight (Warcraft 3 computer game)
--Josh, September 28, 2005, 9:09 EST
- If Love is Blind, Hate can see No better.
- Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
- Learn to think in positive affirmations. Affirmations are any statements you make. Too often we think in negative affirmations. Negative affirmations only create more of what you say you don't want. Saying, I hate my job, will get you nowhere. Declaring, I now accept a wonderful new job, will open the channels in your consciousness to create that.
- Hate heals, you should try it sometime.
- Life is too short to spare an hour of it in the indulgence of this evil passion.
- Hate is a cancer that spreads one cell at a time.
- I totally hate Broccoli
- The hatred we bear our enemies injures their happiness less than our own.
- People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life.
- How's hate working out for you?
- The native american grandfather tells his grandson that there are two wolves inside of him, fighting for control. One wolf, is the wolf of love, peace, and kindness. The other wolf is a wolf of greed, hatred, and corruption. The grandson asks "Which wolf will win?" The grandfather replies "Whichever wolf I feed."
- When you hate someone, the only person you are hurting is yourself
- Hate is something everyone can do cheaply on the "never-never".
- There really is only one question about the future of civilization: Which is stronger love or hate? If the answer is hate we are all doomed.
- Love is a word
That is constantly heard
Hate is a word
that is not
Love, I am told
Is more precious than gold
Love, I have heard
But hate is the verb
That to me is superb
And love, just a drug
On the mart
For any kiddie from school
Can love like a fool
But hating, my boy
Is an art
- Ogden Nash, "Love and Hate".