removed references to other quote archive
Sites that are compendiums of quotes (much like Wikiquote) are not primary sources, and should not be used as references in Wikiquote (it would be rather circular to reference a quote on one quote compendium with a another compendium). This is discussed in Wikiquote:Sourcing if you'd like to read more about it.
from anon talk, User talk:188.8.131.52
The quotes that were listed were all false quotes that were simply mocking Kobe Bryant by saying things like "I am the greatest ever, I hate Michael Jordan", etc. None were sourced and all were fake. I was trying to delete the things that someone obviously put there as a joke. I'm sorry, I didn't know the rules.—This unsigned comment is by Brandonrye (talk • contribs) . gn d
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Kobe Bryant.
- The motivation for me is just the game itself, just playing the game the right way and trying to win, compete every time I step out there on the floor. That's motivation enough for me to go out there and play well.
- As far as carrying the torch for the years to come, I don't know. I just want to be the best basketball player I can be.
- Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.
- I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.
- I'm playing against great players, playing against the best in the world. The competition - that's what I've always wanted.
- The guy said NBA players are one in a million, ... I said, "Man, look, I'm going to be that one in a million."
- I don't want to be the next Micheal Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant
- There's been a lot of talk of me being a one-man show but that's simply not the case. We win games when I score 40 points and we've won when I score 10.
- I baptized him. I turned him into a defensive player.
- talking about Dwight Howard, and reminiscing about dunking over him in Howard's rookie season.
Quotes about Kobe Bryant (unsourced)
- Kobe is a fierce competitor. When he comes in the game and he senses any fear in your team, or in the guy who's guarding him... oh, he's gonna eat you up!
- Jason Terry, shooting guard for the Dallas Mavericks