Did Lars really say that last quote? Doesn't seem like something he would say. -188.8.131.52 15:04, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
I can't seem to find any evidence that Bruce said that. The only page on that Internet thing mentioning the quote is this one. I somehow doubt it. I don't know if the quotes here must be sourced, or unsorted quotes are acceptable, so I'm not sure if using that template is correct, but that quote doesn't seem to be even correctly attributed anywhere. 184.108.40.206
About Cliff Burton
- Cliff was so completely honest to himself and the people around him. He hated all this being-put-on-a-pedestal bullshit.
- We always miss Cliff, but he is kind of on the record […And Justice For All]. The song "To Live Is to Die" is really based on a number of riffs that Cliff wrote a couple of years ago. It's kind of cool to have something written by Cliff on the new album.
- I know Cliff, more than anyone else in the band, would have been the first guy to give us a kick in the ass, and wouldn't want us to sit around. It's what he would have wanted us to do.
- I wasn't too angry in the beginning. I was obviously grieving, but the anger started setting in when I realized that it's not new that people in rock-n-roll die, but usually it's self-inflicted in terms of excessive drink or drug abuse. He had nothing to do with it. It's so useless. Completely useless.
- "Is there a message in Metallica? There is no message, but if there was a message it really should be look within yourself, don't listen to me, don't listen to James, don't listen to anybody, look within yourself for the answers."
- "I don't mind people downloading the songs... Just not until the album's actually out."
- "The song, "I Disappear" got leaked out before we actually finished it all. I was just like Whoa!"
Responding to who he thought the biggest slut in the band was in a 2001 interview with playboy magazine:
- "We all had some pretty slutty moments. I don't think there's anyone in this band who hasen't had crabs a couple of times, or the occasional drip-dick."
Other people about Lars Ulrich
"Do you guys Download? Come on, tell me the truth here, do you download? Yeah, that's what I thought! But you shouldn't, Metallica don't like it!" -- Bruce Dickinson during an concert at Stadion, Stockholm, Sweden.